Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 54606 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »

Is it agrees that we are going to try this?  This is what we should do.  I have a greater dispel ready.  I can attempt to dispel it, and use a normal teleport to go from here, to the otherside of camp with the picture.  If that works, i'll then use my only Greater Teleport to bring it back to the tower.  The reason for this extra step is because I only have a single greater teleport left.

Will probably need something stronger like a chain dispel.  Maybe Luigi has one?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »
Will probably need something stronger like a chain dispel.  Maybe Luigi has one?

I don't have one prepared no, I have a greater dispel ready.  I could cast a chain dispel in an hour.  I still have detect magic up, i'll know if the dispel works.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »

I don't have one prepared no, I have a greater dispel ready.  I could cast a chain dispel in an hour.  I still have detect magic up, i'll know if the dispel works.

I think you'll need to have a chain dispel to have a shot at it.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
We should not plan on keeping the item in the tower for very long. If we lose control of it in Icefia and the country gets invaded by an army from another world we will all be going to prison for a long time.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2013, 04:33:22 PM »
Who is going to try and dispel it, with what spell?  They appear to be the next questions.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
OOC:   Just a thought but if in the session we might have time to spend the money we got from the last adventure.   It might be worth knowing what we are going to buy so we can have more time doing the more important things for the adventure.
That's a good point.  How much do we get divided among us all?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2013, 06:34:42 PM »
At some point Cloud says to Malchia:  "You have probably put this together already but just in case you didn't your items were likely destroyed either by the disjuntion followed by the sonic fireball or just from the sonic fireball itself.  Not the artifact items your are searching for but you normal magic items.
Chances are my possessions were likely given away and not destroyed in the blast, although the thought did occur to me.  I will be able to reclaim the artifacts over time as I am constantly drawn to them.  I had some things hidden within my boots that I'd like back.  Hopefully, they're still there.  The rest of my things I'll just have to learn to live without unless our recent wealth can replace some of them.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2013, 06:36:54 PM »
Yeah, I agree they already know we are here, which is part of the reason I think a trap won't work.  However, if it is as simple as dispelling it and then bringing it back to our anti-magic room then lets do that That way we will have more time to figure out what we want to do with the portal.  Then can focus on the rest of our plan and how we are to recover the items Malchia is seeking along with finding out more about the people from home who are familiar with the wizards three.
I agree that we need to head back "Home" soon. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
We should not plan on keeping the item in the tower for very long. If we lose control of it in Icefia and the country gets invaded by an army from another world we will all be going to prison for a long time.
I don't think it's a good idea to have this in your tower at all, let alone for a short while.  It may prove to be more dangerous then we think.  Russell, you may want to check further in time to see if this is a good idea.  If not that, then Cloud, maybe you could consult the stars for advice. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2013, 06:44:55 PM »
That's a good point.  How much do we get divided among us all?

I think you are putting the cart before the horse here by looking to spend the coin.  You are still in the middle of a dangerous situation with no way of knowing if everyone will survive.  You don't know how long it will take you to get the stuff appraised or how much it will appraise for; and you don't know exactly what the crystal ball and potions do.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »
I think you are putting the cart before the horse here by looking to spend the coin.  You are still in the middle of a dangerous situation with no way of knowing if everyone will survive.  You don't know how long it will take you to get the stuff appraised or how much it will appraise for; and you don't know exactly what the crystal ball and potions do.
All good points.  To further expand on the "horse" analogy, I reserve the right to beat a dead horse and reiterate my suggestion to Disjunction this thing.  I say we be done with it here and now without putting anyone in jeopardy at the college or tower.  If Disjunction fails, memorize another one and try again.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #252 on: March 05, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »

I would like to slightly correct myself.  Feel free to think about what your character wants and have it ready should you get the chance to buy, but don't use any of this board space since there is other stuff to discuss.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
Now that I think about it a little more I think it is too dangerous to bring it back to the college because what if the army decides to come through it when we are transporting to the anti-magic room.  As Russell pointed out this is a terrible thing for the college especially right now with everything that is going on there. I vote disjunction and just be done with it.

The votes right now are Russell, Cloud, and Malchia disjunction.
Montaron & Luigi bring it back to the college and store it.
One person is abstaining.

To me it looks like the disjunction have it so lets get it over with.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »
Now that I think about it a little more I think it is too dangerous to bring it back to the college because what if the army decides to come through it when we are transporting to the anti-magic room.  As Russell pointed out this is a terrible thing for the college especially right now with everything that is going on there. I vote disjunction and just be done with it.

The votes right now are Russell, Cloud, and Malchia disjunction.
Montaron & Luigi bring it back to the college and store it.
One person is abstaining.

To me it looks like the disjunction have it so lets get it over with.
I cast the disjunction. DC 29