Habololy Books > Habololy Handbook

Spell Linking

(1/3) > >>

Asinjin:
One feat that has been around on Habololy since the start of 3rd ed is Spell Linking.  Now, with the return of the Wizards 3, it needs some Scrutiny.

SPELL LINKING (Metamagic) #
You have learned how to link your spells so that one casting can cause multiple spells to go into effect in succession.
   Prerequisite:  Any other metamagic feat, the ability to cast 2nd level spells.
   Benefit:  You can spells in succession while spending only one round casting.  The first spell is cast at the end of the round.  Each succeeding spell is cast at the end of the round after the previous spell ended.  All targets must be determined by the caster during the initial casting. 
   Special:  Casting linked spells uses up a spell slot of a level equal to the total levels of the linked spells.  For this purpose, 0-level spells are considered to be 1st level.  The initial casting of linked spells takes a full round.  Spells that have a casting time of a full round or more to start may not be linked. 

One question is as follows:

Does a wizard have to prepare the higher level spell; or should he be able to cast it spontaneously, as long as he has the lower level spell included prepared?  Or, should he be allowed to choose either having the lower level spells prepared or preparing the higher level spell with the spells selected?

Thoughts?

Asinjin:
The spell link, once activated, becomes a spell with a duration equal to the number of rounds of spells put in it

Asinjin:
The spells can be countered, but it is more difficult, since the counterer can't see you cast to know what the spell is

Windblade:
I think each spell should just last the initial duration.  It should be as if you cast 2 spells

Asinjin:
I think I did not state clearly enough what I was trying to state.  The spells act normally.

What I was trying to say is that the active spell link is a spell for the purposes of dispelling and other things.  The spell link has no effect on the duration of each spell.

Example: You have a four round spell link up, in round 3, after two have been used, you get dispelled.  The Spell link can be dispelled and the remaining two spell fail to go off.  OR  You get Reciprogal Gyred in round 3, and the Spell Link counts as an active spell for damage from the RG.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version