Author Topic: Collection Time  (Read 16145 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Collection Time
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
"I can't say that I have ever fought any Slaad.  I am sure we can find someone who has here.  Haskra perhaps."

"Once you've collected all of these items, then you can find a relic....fascinating.  And where did you say you were assaulted?"

"I was assaulted North of here.  Perhaps you could arrange a meeting with Haskra."

Once we wrap up our conversation, I take the information I learn to the Wizards Three for further discussion.  I mention specifically to Russel that Dean Hawklyn is unable to retain any mention of Home which further fortifies our shared belief that the God of Lost Knowledge appears to be at work here.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »
"I was assaulted North of here.  Perhaps you could arrange a meeting with Haskra."

Once we wrap up our conversation, I take the information I learn to the Wizards Three for further discussion.  I mention specifically to Russel that Dean Hawklyn is unable to retain any mention of Home which further fortifies our shared belief that the God of Lost Knowledge appears to be at work here.
Russel says: "In our time Home was completely unknown, even to the most learned sages. We were taught nothing of it at the Academy in Iott. However, what we learned in our travels is that it predated the arrival of the god of Lost Knowledge by a very long time.  It may well be that He has an interest in keeping it secret but as its inhabitants have always worked to maintain their secrecy He may have little or nothing to do with the situation."

"As for slaad, they are creatures of pure chaos and spells and items of Law are most useful against them. A trip to the library here should reveal any weaknesses they have."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 03:33:55 PM »
Russel says: "In our time Home was completely unknown, even to the most learned sages. We were taught nothing of it at the Academy in Iott. However, what we learned in our travels is that it predated the arrival of the god of Lost Knowledge by a very long time.  It may well be that He has an interest in keeping it secret but as its inhabitants have always worked to maintain their secrecy He may have little or nothing to do with the situation."

"As for slaad, they are creatures of pure chaos and spells and items of Law are most useful against them. A trip to the library here should reveal any weaknesses they have."

Perhaps, but I can't shake the feeling that the God of Lost Knowledge has something to do with all this.  If for no other reason than I retain my memories regarding him.  I was not alive then, nor do I travel the rifts of time like you and your companions.  Other than my quest to acquire these ancient magic items, there is no logical reason for me to know.  These past few incidents, along with The Collectors presence, make me think something larger is at work.  What if The God of Lost Knowledge agreed to help The Collector ascend to godhood by helping him retrieve my quest items?  The God of Lost Knowledge could simply erase The Collectors memories after the deed is done so he wouldn't know how to find Home.

As far as the inhabitants of Home maintaining secrecy, I don't even know if any of them still reside there.  They were all fleeing during the assault.  Also, you forget that Galen, the man I met who led me to Home, named you, Claude, and Luigi by name.  Come to think of it, he was accompanied by a Vishtoo gaurd as well...   

You seemed to have some foreknowledge of The Collector and God of Lost Knowledge during our last encounter.  What is it that you know? 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:40:28 PM by Malchia »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »
Perhaps, but I can't shake the feeling that the God of Lost Knowledge has something to do with all this.  If for no other reason than I retain my memories regarding him.  I was not alive then, nor do I travel the rifts of time like you and your companions.  Other than my quest to acquire these ancient magic items, there is no logical reason for me to know.  These past few incidents, along with The Collectors presence, make me think something larger is at work.  What if The God of Lost Knowledge agreed to help The Collector ascend to godhood by helping him retrieve my quest items?  The God of Lost Knowledge could simply erase The Collectors memories after the deed is done so he wouldn't know how to find Home.

As far as the inhabitants of Home maintaining secrecy, I don't even know if any of them still reside there.  They were all fleeing during the assault.  Also, you forget that Galen, the man I met who led me to Home, named you, Claude, and Luigi by name.  Come to think of it, he was accompanied by a Vishtoo gaurd as well...   

You seemed to have some foreknowledge of The Collector and God of Lost Knowledge during our last encounter.  What is it that you know?
"The fact that you retain your memories is actually the best evidence that He has no interest in you or the items.  As for the residents of Home, I was referring to their actions before current events. Regarding our encounter with the Collector, I am not sure what I did to give the impression I had foreknowledge of his arrival. I can assure you I had none. If I did I would certainly have prepared a different selection of spells. Regarding Galen, Cloud, Luigi and I are somewhat famous and he could have any number of interests in us, our abilities, items, associates, what have you. I hope to find out."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
Russel I have to correct you on one thing.  That fact that Malchia retains his memories has nothing to do with the God of Lost Knowledge being interested in him.  We retained our memories through out all of our adventures and we had uncovered many many things that has caused the God of Lost knowledge to be interested in us. 

However, I will test your theory a little Russel.  Cloud goes and gets Saladien and Isaac and questions them to see what they remember of Malchia, his items and Home.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »
Saladien and Isaac respond, "Yes we remember Malchia."  Isaac says it with a wink and nod.  "He had a gauntlet and was looking for other stuff."

"Thank Allanda we are home now."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:27:42 PM by Asinjin »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 09:24:47 PM »
Russel I have to correct you on one thing.  That fact that Malchia retains his memories has nothing to do with the God of Lost Knowledge being interested in him.  We retained our memories through out all of our adventures and we had uncovered many many things that has caused the God of Lost knowledge to be interested in us. 

However, I will test your theory a little Russel.  Cloud goes and gets Saladien and Isaac and questions them to see what they remember of Malchia, his items and Home.
"I must respectfully disagree. Our ability to resist his influence is because we encountered him long ago when he was very weak.  It may be that Malchia is sufficiently powerful to resist, though I doubt that as I know others as mighty or mightier than we who fail to resist, or it could be that his constant possession of his gauntlet affords him protection. But it is equally likely that GLK has no interest in him."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 09:38:14 PM »
Possibly but I am with Malchia on this one and can't imagine the GLK has no interest in these matters.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
Luigi says.. "Who is this God of Lost Knowledge"....

kidding... :)

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 02:06:18 PM »
I make the time to meet with all who wish to meet with me as well as see if my services are needed in anyway at the college.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
I make the time to meet with all who wish to meet with me as well as see if my services are needed in anyway at the college.

lol....he's looking to offer 'Services' at the college.... Are you sure you aren't playing Isaac??

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »
So based on what Isaac and Saladien remember it appears that someone is blocking their memory in some way.  The GLK doesn't seem to care about the items.  However, someone is blocking the memories of Home.  Also have we ever looked at the GLK having any link to Home?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »
lol....he's looking to offer 'Services' at the college.... Are you sure you aren't playing Isaac??

Looks are Russel.. look he'll, ... umm... it'll be back, we need to have a plan when it does.  If I didn't have a teleport memorized it would have been messy.  While we are home, we should come up with a plan, we know he likes certain spells. Counter and attack!

Or.. do we write up a couple scrolls of greater teleport, as an emergency!

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »

Poor Isaac. 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »
Owen you can learn whatever spells you want when we have time.  I guess DM will have to determine how many that is.