Author Topic: A Long Way Around, But a Plan Found  (Read 12819 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: A Long Way Around, But a Plan Found
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »
"You are far less jovial than I was led to believe, Luigi.  I had heard that your inn was a place of food and merriment, that the ladies dancing and the lords sang, that you knew secrets of the old days to make even the grumpiest of people crack a smile!  Your reputation proceeded you as a lover of life, a fine cook, and a great minstrel!"  His voice echoes across the mountains.  "I smiled and my heart warmed at the thought of traveling with you.  Such joy we would have defeating evil and bringing light to the darkest corners of Habololy!  Only several days into this grand adventure, my first in years, and what am I confronted with, a grumpy Nipit.  You've gotten bogged down in your many years.  Look not to your monotone dictionary of a companion that exits the conversation when it gets interesting, to times unknown, but to your still fun loving friend who jumped out of a window to escape an anti magic field, not knowing if he would hit the ground and die, but trusting he would not!"

mumbles under his breath... "Silverswords"
calling out to the dwarf, "My deity and friend has been captured, my home smashed and attacked twice in recent memory by flying nightmares, and now i'm standing knee deep in snow in an area when the god of anti-magic lives, walking into a city of giants.  All the while being pressed by the god of lost knowledge, and now powers of shadow! perhaps even my legendary levity has it's limits! Or am I the first to be immune to your silly lyrical flourish, and swooshy hat!"

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »
He grimaces and nods.  "I understand." A long pause, "People from the distant past are immune to the hat."

"But let not your heart be too troubled.  Drunnbar does not live in this area, this is the land of the giants, if anyone.  And the giant lord we go to see is Roflander, hopeful future king of the giants, and devout follower of Stasis."

"God of what?..."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »
"You are far less jovial than I was led to believe, Luigi.  I had heard that your inn was a place of food and merriment, that the ladies dancing and the lords sang, that you knew secrets of the old days to make even the grumpiest of people crack a smile!  Your reputation proceeded you as a lover of life, a fine cook, and a great minstrel!"  His voice echoes across the mountains.  "I smiled and my heart warmed at the thought of traveling with you.  Such joy we would have defeating evil and bringing light to the darkest corners of Habololy!  Only several days into this grand adventure, my first in years, and what am I confronted with, a grumpy Nipit.  You've gotten bogged down in your many years.  Look not to your monotone dictionary of a companion that exits the conversation when it gets interesting, to times unknown, but to your still fun loving friend who jumped out of a window to escape an anti magic field, not knowing if he would hit the ground and die, but trusting he would not!"

"And you, Malchia, now that we are far from my beloved Port Springs, that you are now banned from; a fate the likes of which I only dare to imagine, be wary of your words.  If you have made an enemy of Vega, then you should know that you have gone down a dangerous path.  Take heart that you have found your friend, be merry that you travel with allies!"

He turns his head dramatically towards the north, resting a boot on the ground and another on a rock higher up.
Russel stops reading at the comments pertaining to him and replies: "My dear Silversword, I am not sure which conversation I exited that you found interesting but I can assure you I am always paying attention to whatever is most important at the moment.  Furthermore, no one in their right mind would tell another to follow Cloud's example over mine.  (under my breath) and I do not have a monotone."

Turning to Luigi: "As for casting spells on our companion, remember they say similar things about us."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »
"And you, Malchia, now that we are far from my beloved Port Springs, that you are now banned from; a fate the likes of which I only dare to imagine, be wary of your words.  If you have made an enemy of Vega, then you should know that you have gone down a dangerous path.  Take heart that you have found your friend, be merry that you travel with allies!"

He turns his head dramatically towards the north, resting a boot on the ground and another on a rock higher up.

"I don't do merry, you know that Daane.  As far as Vega goes, his issues with me pose a mere nuisance, nothing more.  Despite all that, I must say that I'm pleased to be adventuring with you again and I welcome the addition of The Wizards Three.  I look forward to seeing them unleash their arcane might.  No doubt we're going to need it."   

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
"I don't do merry, you know that Daane.  As far as Vega goes, his issues with me pose a mere nuisance, nothing more.  Despite all that, I must say that I'm pleased to be adventuring with you again and I welcome the addition of The Wizards Three.  I look forward to seeing them unleash their arcane might.  No doubt we're going to need it."   

Owen chuckles and mutters to himself, "He thinks that the 'issues' that the authorities of the Kingdom have with him are a mere 'nuisance'". {chuckle}.  Owen pulls out a small stone cube from a pouch and tosses it onto the ground.  "Listen lad.  What you call a 'mere nuisance' is a mite more than that.  If the Powers of the Kingdom saw fit to Banish you, defying that edict will make your recent short stay, cut off as you no doubt were from your powers, seem like the tender minstrations of a dozen ladies of pleasure.  Take it from one who has seen the business end of the Kingdom's long arm first hand."  The cube grows into a 3x3 stone slab about 3 inches thick.  "You see, we Dwarves are kind of a  close knit bunch, if you haven't noticed.  If they have a mind to, they can encourage anyone from the Kingdom to treat you as Banished.  That means Merchants, Mercinaries, Inkeeps, you name it, will have nothing to do with you.  Now, that may not seem like much, but you'd soon learn different."  Owen mumbles a few words and the stone slab rises a few feet into the air.  "Take it as you will, though.  I'm not your nursemaid.  I've no quarrel with you and don't wish to start one.  I just thought you may want to rethink your 'little prediciment'."

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
"I don't do merry, you know that Daane."   

"Never too late to add it."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »
OOC:  That was a player mistake.  I thought one of my flying abilities would work in the antimagic field but I was wrong.  However, Cloud will take the backhanded compliment from Daane  :) .

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 11:37:06 PM »
"I wouldn't mess with Vega. He might be a constable, but from what I remember he had many friends in dark places that aren't quite so honorable."

This statement comes from a icy white skinned, bald humanoid who is wearing Enzo's belt, sword, bracers and wand sheath.

"Can we be on our way now?"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 12:27:34 AM »
OOC:  I have heard that Vega even took down a 1/2 orge warrior of the great lizards king.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
"I wouldn't mess with Vega. He might be a constable, but from what I remember he had many friends in dark places that aren't quite so honorable."

This statement comes from a icy white skinned, bald humanoid who is wearing Enzo's belt, sword, bracers and wand sheath.

"Can we be on our way now?"
Are you sure you want to fly into Dramman looking like that?

Do we have all the fly spells covered? I have Daane and I. Cloud and Malchia seem set. Would someone take care of Montaron so he doesnt waste a wind walk? That leaves Enzo, I'm guessing not a problem, and Owen. We will also need endure elements for all, including me.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »
Are you sure you want to fly into Dramman looking like that?

Do we have all the fly spells covered? I have Daane and I. Cloud and Malchia seem set. Would someone take care of Montaron so he doesnt waste a wind walk? That leaves Enzo, I'm guessing not a problem, and Owen. We will also need endure elements for all, including me.

"I can take care of myself." Owen says, comfortably, from his floating rock.  He doesn't look put out by the weather in the least.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »
I can Windwalk myself + 4 if necessary.  But I would appreciate not having to use it.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 03:51:11 PM »
"I wouldn't mess with Vega."

Ha!  But it's so fun...

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »
I can Windwalk myself + 4 if necessary.  But I would appreciate not having to use it.

"A reasonable dwarf gets his wish, you can ride "the bat" i'll fly."

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 04:28:37 PM »

"A reasonable dwarf gets his wish, you can ride "the bat" i'll fly."

Oh my...well....umm...grumble...who's up for a windwalk.  Quite a fun ride if you haven't done it before...anyone?