Author Topic: Escape Through the Fire  (Read 5579 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Escape Through the Fire
« on: January 19, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »
To start with xp:

Claude - for more tricks than a game of pinochle - 2000

Ash - for the deadly accurate killing blow - 1800

Shadow - for a stunning knockout blow - 1800

Gnax - for great witty banter and surviving - 3100 
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Escape Through the Fire
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 09:56:06 PM »
You collected 12,000 in gems (mostly worth between 10-50 gc each)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »
Because you will get to it at some point, the staff you found is the following (identified by Lord Maximilian):

Staff of Illusion:

The staff can cast the following spells:
-Disguise self (1)
-Minor Image (2)
-Major Image (3)
-Persistent Image (5)

It can cast up to 100 levels of spells in a week, and it can maintain those illusions for a week each.  The illusion may not move beyond 1 mile of the staff, or it is lost.  A Use Magic Device check DC 15 must be made each time the staff is used, and it can only be used by dragons (or dragon blooded creatures).

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Juno suggest: "Let us give the staff to Lord Maximilian to sell.  Clearly none of us can use it, and he can quickly get us a fair price for it.  Then we can divvy up the coin."

later,

Lord Maximilian says, "I believe the staff can fetch a hefty price.  I am confident I can find a buyer.  How about I give you 50,000 in gold coin for it.  Or perhaps items in trade."  This sounds like a fabulous idea.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »
Claude feels a little weird about the suggestion but then emphatically agrees with him anyway.

When he gets time after their return he will 'sort out' his satchel.  This whole process will take him days.  He has to take everything out to get to the gems so hastily dumped in there.  He tells them all not to worry and that he will take care of splitting up the gems.  He might as well take an inventory since he has everything out anyway.  This could take a while....

"I would be careful of some of these gems...I think they have something on them?  It's probably fine.  Although...there was that time I turned..who was that...into what kind of creature was that...Bahh..what are the chances?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
"Those winged lizard folk were really interesting. Never seen anything like them and I've been all over the world. And before anyone who wasn't there asks, no they were not Sakor'akai."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »
Splitting the loot sounds good to me.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »
Juno suggest: "Let us give the staff to Lord Maximilian to sell.  Clearly none of us can use it, and he can quickly get us a fair price for it.  Then we can divvy up the coin."

later,

Lord Maximilian says, "I believe the staff can fetch a hefty price.  I am confident I can find a buyer.  How about I give you 50,000 in gold coin for it.  Or perhaps items in trade."  This sounds like a fabulous idea.

I'm more interested in items you may have to trade for my share.  Coins and gems to not interest me as much as favors and items.  I find coin weighs me down and draws too much attention.  I would be interested in anything you may have in the way of bracers of archery, cloak of lesser displacement / displacement and/or armor which may make me harder to be seen.  I would also be interested in any kind of item that could keep me from being magically found.  I am always looking for ways to be hard to find.

Also there were no elves at this camp.  I am quite displeased. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
Also there were no elves at this camp.  I am quite displeased.

"They were probably there somewhere.  Elves are notoriously cowardly, and would not have come out to confront a threat."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Since you have all agreed on splitting the treasure, that leaves 12,400 for each of you.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 02:13:53 PM »
I would be interested in anything you may have in the way of bracers of archery, cloak of lesser displacement / displacement and/or armor which may make me harder to be seen.  I would also be interested in any kind of item that could keep me from being magically found.  I am always looking for ways to be hard to find.

"With only 12,000 there is only a little I can quickly offer in trade." says the lord Maximilian.  "However, I can easily find two items that would fit your requests.  A ring of Mind Shielding and Bracers of Archery.  I will give you them both for that price."

Ring of Mind Shielding prevents a variety of detection and attacks from working on you, but not all.  Bracers of Archery, at least this version, offer a +1 to hit on all ranged attacks with bows.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »
"They were probably there somewhere.  Elves are notoriously cowardly, and would not have come out to confront a threat."
Gnax rolls his eyes at this.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
I'll take them both.  Cowardly elves will get what's coming to them.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »
Since you have all agreed on splitting the treasure, that leaves 12,400 for each of you.
"How about that Gnax!  Oh what I can make with that.  I need to finish my dehydrated pie first of course, but then we should work on some things for you.  Do you like my mask?  I think I need to re-supply some of my other stuff as well."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:30 AM »
Ash has spent his treasure, anyone else want to do some spending?