Author Topic: Not Another Rescue Mission  (Read 10767 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Not Another Rescue Mission
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
At some point I assume we address the matter of our newfound wealth.

Here's what Enzo suggests:

We walked away with 250,000 gc worth of platinum, and an enchanted belt that Malchia is wearing that adds a +2 to caster level...figure that's worth ~40-50,000 gc based on the orange ion stone I tried to buy in Port Springs a while back (in the DMG, adds +1 CL for 30k)...let's call t 40k because I'm feeling generous.

That's a total pot of 290,000 gc to split.

First, we take any incurred direct expenses straight off the top. I burned a teleport scroll (1125 gc per DMG) and a cure moderate potion (300 gc). I think someone else used a potion or 2 as well? (Post if you did.)

Next we give each of the prisoners 1000 gc as compensation for the time they were imprisoned. 4 dwarves = 4000 gc.

The remainder we split between the 4 of us, the cut being directly proportional to the amount of risk and time invested in the rescue. Obviously, since I spent over a year in this frozen wasteland preparing for this, I think I deserve a bigger cut. And Malchia, since you were a "rescuee", your share is reduced to acknowledge the fact that we saved your a$$.

Enzo: 30%
Owen: 25%
Hipolet: 25%
Malchia: 20%

The blanket and the crown I suggest we give to Roflander. He could make best use of the blanket, I think, and the crown will be difficult for us to unload. And this way, since he's getting something out of it, Rolflander may be willing to help us exchange these 250 lb bars into something more portable.

Seems fair to me. Thoughts?

"Enzo, I accept your arrangement out of respect for the reconnaissance work you did.  Please bear in mind though that none of us would have this new found wealth if it weren't for me disenchanting their wards and ransacking the chief's tent.  Nonetheless, this is a fine belt and the extra coin will come in handy on my travels."

"I plan to leave soon to find Nefario.  Will you be traveling to the college with the others or will you be going somewhere else?  We can arrange to meet after I find him."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
Please bear in mind though that none of us would have this new found wealth if it weren't for me disenchanting their wards and ransacking the chief's tent.
We also would not have it if I had not been able to remove it from the giant's camp, or if Owen had not used his magic to transport it, or if Hipolet had not been guiding us back to Dramman. I'd say my proposal acknowledges your contribution, it far exceeds the 0.3% I suggested for the other prisoners.

To be fair, I'd say that the loss of your arm should be considered a direct expense. Assuming we can find a cleric to restore it, the cleric's commission will be taken out of the total pot before the split. Port Springs is a major hub of Smofarf's power on Habololy, there is probably someone there capable of regenerating it.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 10:14:01 PM »
We also would not have it if I had not been able to remove it from the giant's camp, or if Owen had not used his magic to transport it, or if Hipolet had not been guiding us back to Dramman. I'd say my proposal acknowledges your contribution, it far exceeds the 0.3% I suggested for the other prisoners.

To be fair, I'd say that the loss of your arm should be considered a direct expense. Assuming we can find a cleric to restore it, the cleric's commission will be taken out of the total pot before the split. Port Springs is a major hub of Smofarf's power on Habololy, there is probably someone there capable of regenerating it.

"Fair enough.  We should be on our way then.  I'm anxious to find Nefario and the winter weather waits for no one."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »
The journey to Port Springs will take about 100 days.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »
That means that you will arrive in Port Springs on or about the 6th day of the 1st month (Coustus) of 786.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
Assuming there are no other issues, I will assume you start the journey and tell you what happens on the road.

The plan is to pick up next week with the session as you arrive in Port Springs.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 06:25:59 PM »
And Hipolet, did I hear correctly that you encountered some ropers in this area a while back? I'll give you 2000 gc to take me to them. I don't mean to fight them, just observe them for a while. I could get us out there pretty quick if you'd be willing to take to the air.

If Hiploet declines, I ask Roflander if there is anyone in the village who could lead me there.
"It's on my way..so I don't mind taking you there.  Nasty business those things.  As for the treasure your trying to divide up...I'll not have what you are offering.  I left you and that one armed lack wit there thinking that might be the last time I laid eyes on you.  I'll not take a share of plunder when I didn't earn it.  I'll take a wage for my guiding and a bit for the trip to the ropers but that's it.  You spent a year there making this happen.  You keep my share.  I'm going home.  And after that I just want to be left alone."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »
Add another three days on to the trip for that detour.

You can discuss the split of Hipolet's coin that he does not want, and how much is fair to give him.

Regardless, you start out on the road.  Enzo, Hipolet, Owen, Malchia, Saladien, Isaac, and the miners.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
The trip is mostly uneventful.

The weather continues to get colder.  You have lots of scenic views of mountains.

Enzo gets time to go and view his ropers.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
The trip is mostly uneventful.

The weather continues to get colder.  You have lots of scenic views of mountains.

Malchia scry's Nefario everyday hoping for a lead.   

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
I bring along a goat to feed them.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
"It's on my way..so I don't mind taking you there.  Nasty business those things.  As for the treasure your trying to divide up...I'll not have what you are offering.  I left you and that one armed lack wit there thinking that might be the last time I laid eyes on you.  I'll not take a share of plunder when I didn't earn it.  I'll take a wage for my guiding and a bit for the trip to the ropers but that's it.  You spent a year there making this happen.  You keep my share.  I'm going home.  And after that I just want to be left alone."
You've earned it as much as anyone. Without your guidance we would still be wandering the wilderness. Take your share, I don't care what you do with it. Donate it to your favorite religion. Bury it in the woods. Buy a small town. Whatever makes you happy.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »
70 days into your trip, the dwarven miners leave you and go to a small town.  From there, they can make their way north with others to their home.

"Thanks for you help.  We are forever in your debt.  If you ever need anything, and happen to be in the area, don't hesitate.  By Smofarf, we swear a debt to you."

They shake your hands and head off.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »
70 days equals 70 scry attempts.  Any luck?