Author Topic: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?  (Read 53830 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
Neat. Wonder if I could steer this thing using Drayton like a puppet...I resist the urge to make the Juggernaut do a wheelie and simply drag him down the side of the structure with Astrek's assistance. Looking to get Drayton underground.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »
Neat. Wonder if I could steer this thing using Drayton like a puppet...I resist the urge to make the Juggernaut do a wheelie and simply drag him down the side of the structure with Astrek's assistance. Looking to get Drayton underground.
Sorry, I should have made it more clear: if you drag him down even with the stop start process the juggernaut will breach the castle gate.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »
Ok:

As Ari free's Drayton, Parker and Rubius reach the battle with the berserkers, which appears to be ending. The second doggeden is slain but slumped against the battlements and warriors continue to swarm up its back.
I'm looking for a wizard to bring back to the Juggernaut to help disenchant him.  If I don't see any, I fly back to help Ari. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »
I'm looking for a wizard to bring back to the Juggernaut to help disenchant him.  If I don't see any, I fly back to help Ari.
You land in the midst of the chaos. Arion, Martine, Nisoru and Garland are at the front, near the head of the slain doggeden. Behind them is a line of soldiers, probably Diamond brigade shock troopers. Behind them are more soldiers, clearly less skilled, and a large group of clerics, mostly of Stasis and Gnarion, but with a random assortment of others including Tyrogatore mixed in with them. One is a Vass who appears enlarged (rather than naturally giant) who appears to be giving almost as good an account of himself as Martine and Nisoru.

Behind a third screen of spearman are the wizards. Thale, Haskra, Luigi, Russel, Thammolly, lord Darpus and a dozen more you don't recognize are mostly concentrating on the barbarians scaling up the back of the doggeden but occasionally they send a volley of magic missiles or another unerring spells into the melee.  Thale has a black staff that flares with a nimbus of pale purple light when he casts a spell. Only Luigi's sonic spells seem to rival his in effect.

Haskra hears you and gets a nod of permission from Thale. The two of you begin the flight back towards the juggernaut.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:53:49 PM by whitesword »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »
You land in the midst of the chaos. Arion, Martine, Nisoru and Garland are at the front, near the head of the slain doggeden. Behind them is a line of soldiers, probably Diamond brigade shock troopers. Behind them are more soldiers, clearly less skilled, and a large group of clerics, mostly Stasis and Gnarion, but with a random assortment of others including Tyrogatore mix with them. One is a Vass who appears enlarged (rather than naturally giant) who appears to be giving almost as good an account of himself as Martine and Nisoru.

Behind a third screen of spearman are the wizards. Thale, Haskra, Luigi, Russel, Thammolly, lord Darpus and a dozen more you don't recognize are mostly concentrating on the barbarians scaling up the back of the doggeden but occasionally they send a volley of magic missiles or another unerring spell into the melee.  Thale has a black staff that flares with a nimbus of pale purple light when he casts a spell. Only Luigi's sonic spells seem to rival his in effect.

Haskra hears you and gets a nod of permission from Thale. The two of you begin the flight back towards the juggernaut.
"Thank you Haskra.  The faster we fly back to Drayton, the better.  If we don't dispel his enchantments soon, the Juggernaut will breach the castle.  I must warn you that the Juggernaut will attempt to stop us using a very powerful mental attack that scared me more than I care to remember.  I was able to resist it, but be prepared to defend yourself upon reaching the construct.  If you have any means of bolstering your resolve, I suggest you do it before we get there." 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2013, 01:57:03 PM »

Didn't know I was there :P

You land in the midst of the chaos. Arion, Martine, Nisoru and Garland are at the front, near the head of the slain doggeden. Behind them is a line of soldiers, probably Diamond brigade shock troopers. Behind them are more soldiers, clearly less skilled, and a large group of clerics, mostly Stasis and Gnarion, but with a random assortment of others including Tyrogatore mix with them. One is a Vass who appears enlarged (rather than naturally giant) who appears to be giving almost as good an account of himself as Martine and Nisoru.

Behind a third screen of spearman are the wizards. Thale, Haskra, Luigi, Russel, Thammolly, lord Darpus and a dozen more you don't recognize are mostly concentrating on the barbarians scaling up the back of the doggeden but occasionally they send a volley of magic missiles or another unerring spell into the melee.  Thale has a black staff that flares with a nimbus of pale purple light when he casts a spell. Only Luigi's sonic spells seem to rival his in effect.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »
Why don't you join us over by the Juggernaut?  The more the merrier when facing certain doom.   ;)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »

Its in the past compared to the current campaign, so don't die or we'll have a non-Russell created paradox.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »
Its in the past compared to the current campaign, so don't die or we'll have a non-Russell created paradox.

You take care of the juggernaut... i'll eliminate the entire hoard with earthquakes....

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »
Post 74 details your return.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
Post 74 details your return.

Do you do find 74....

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »

Do you do find 74....
Here you go Luigi; post #74.

You clear the east wall and land on the battlements.  There is a cheer from the defenders as word of Ari (and Astrek) and Nisoru's return spreads.  Nisoru says: I am going to Arion. He is fighting the doggeden.  He takes Parker and Rubius across the courtyard to the west wall. Luigi, seeing the other wizards seem to be concentrated there follows as well. As you cross the courtyard you can see that as many people as possible have crammed into the inner bailey around the palace and that the marks of several fireball detonations can be seen closer to the outer walls.

As they fly away Asinjin places his motes in a pattern sure to disrupt the barbarian advance. The motes are even more effective than usual as the barbarians have no regard for their fellows and those that are enchanted are trampled by those behind until each cube is filled with crushed berserkers.

Ari has a few moments to consider the juggernaut from the battlements. It is a terrifying sight, towering above the castle walls and crushing the frozen ground beneath its rollers. It is covered in blood and  on the eighth tier you can see Minister Drayton, chained in place and seemingly mesmerized.  Above him you can see the pulsing red ruby heart and you have no doubt it perceives the situation around it in some way.

As Elayu swoops down towards the battle on the west wall Nisoru leaps off and onto the doggeden's head, avoiding its lashing tongue. Standing before the beast's maw is Lord Whiteknight, slashing at its muzzle with his sunblade. Arion is surrounded by a huge globe of white light with Martine beside (sometimes before) him. They are fighting the elite of the berserkers as they clear the doggeden's back.  Parker finds Thale, Thamolly and Russel, who are coordinating the magical assault on the horde.

Meanwhile, Asinjin is admitted to the palace where he finds thousands of children, most crying, being comforted by Lira, Queen Degala and the young queen in waiting of the south.  Groups of jesters and bards, mostly students from the college are moving among the throng performing tricks, telling stories, singing and playing instruments.  Asinjin is lead to a quiet room to memorize his missing spells.

Some specific input would be helpful at this point.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »
Sorry, I should have made it more clear: if you drag him down even with the stop start process the juggernaut will breach the castle gate.
Hmm, based on what I just observed, do I get the impression that I might be able to move the Juggernaut backwards? Or turn it 90 degrees?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »
Hmm, based on what I just observed, do I get the impression that I might be able to move the Juggernaut backwards? Or turn it 90 degrees?
No. It just appears that when he is not in any physical contact with the construct that it comes to an abrupt halt.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »
Got it. If I can get Drayton draped across Astrek's back, I tie him to the saddle. I have rope in my bag of holding. Use rope check = 19+4=23