Author Topic: What aMazing luck!  (Read 19336 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What aMazing luck!
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »
Parker waits, after Asinjin is done speaking, for him to break into a jig of a fit of maniacal laughter

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
It is bad news, really bad news, I am not happy, it is a terrible thing, undead are the bad guys, fiends are the bad guys, I don't want them to win...

Face drained of blood, mind deep in thought...
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »
"That is terrible news.  Does anyone at the castle have more details?"

Asinjin tone is a deadpan as it can be, trying not to show in any way that he is happy the guardians base is under attack.  He really isn't happy.
Arion springs up. "We must go to their aid. I will take as many men as we can spare!"

This pronouncement is met by concerned looks from most of those assembled. Martine looks particularly uncomfortable but it is King Oliver that breaks the silence. "Majesty, the council of ten knows their danger and ours. We must see to the safety of the Kingdom first and when we know our position we will send aid if we can."

All eyes turn to Asinjin and Thale. Oliver continues: "Can you find our enemies or tell us their plans?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »
Asinjin, who nearly feints when he hears Arion's initial proclamation, stabilizes after Oliver's statement.

"When we came here, I was told that it would not be difficult for the altar and its army to be located.  If that is not the case, I can find it."

I ask Thale in dwarven, not to be secretive but to avoid interruption, "Are there any schools of magic you are not able to cast?  I will not use Necromancy, and will only use illusions in the most dire of instances.  I can Discern Location individuals, but Uscis cannot be found.  I can Scrye, but I know few of our few personally and don't expect that to work.  If they are near, say within a mile, they have no hope of avoiding my detection, or Ari's for that matter.  I have spoken to Somfarf already this week, so I won't do that again.  And also, do you speak any more exotic languages so we can better avoid being overheard?"

To the king, "Your Majesty, have you been told of what I learned about the Scaled Elven nation's state?  The coup, the replaced Synoise, and such?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
For Ari, you either returned late last night or early this morning.
Morning.

I share the news of the Vale with Arion as soon as I am able to gain an audience with Arion, sooner with Asinjin, Parker, and Rubius.

There is a horde of undead, numbering in the thousands, mostly zombies as I understand it, heading towards the Vale. They originate from Valleyhome. It is unknown who, if anyone, commands them, but this is clearly the work of Uscis or Marius. At their present pace, they will reach the Guardian Temple tomorrow.

On a positive note, the Guardians were successful in retrieving Marius' captives, with surprisingly little resistance. 46 in all. Which is more, I think, than we encountered in Marius Habololian lair. Strangely, there we no drow among those the Guardians recovered, which is puzzling since I seem to ecall there were several drow being held when we encountered the linnorm.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
Asinjin, who nearly feints when he hears Arion's initial proclamation, stabilizes after Oliver's statement.

"When we came here, I was told that it would not be difficult for the altar and its army to be located.  If that is not the case, I can find it."

I ask Thale in dwarven, not to be secretive but to avoid interruption, "Are there any schools of magic you are not able to cast?  I will not use Necromancy, and will only use illusions in the most dire of instances.  I can Discern Location individuals, but Uscis cannot be found.  I can Scrye, but I know few of our few personally and don't expect that to work.  If they are near, say within a mile, they have no hope of avoiding my detection, or Ari's for that matter.  I have spoken to Somfarf already this week, so I won't do that again.  And also, do you speak any more exotic languages so we can better avoid being overheard?"

To the king, "Your Majesty, have you been told of what I learned about the Scaled Elven nation's state?  The coup, the replaced Synoise, and such?"
Oliver responds: "If the juggernaut is on the move in the kingdom it will be spotted in a day or two and word likely would come a day or two after that. However, that may leave us little time to respond and if it is in hiding we will lose any chance to aid the Guardians.  Time becomes a new enemy."

Thale whispers quickly back to you: "This is not appropriate at court. Necromancy and illusion, giant."

Arion says "Yes, lord Vanyar has informed me. Why do you think the coup failed?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
Morning.

I share the news of the Vale with Arion as soon as I am able to gain an audience with Arion, sooner with Asinjin, Parker, and Rubius.

There is a horde of undead, numbering in the thousands, mostly zombies as I understand it, heading towards the Vale. They originate from Valleyhome. It is unknown who, if anyone, commands them, but this is clearly the work of Uscis or Marius. At their present pace, they will reach the Guardian Temple tomorrow.

On a positive note, the Guardians were successful in retrieving Marius' captives, with surprisingly little resistance. 46 in all. Which is more, I think, than we encountered in Marius Habololian lair. Strangely, there we no drow among those the Guardians recovered, which is puzzling since I seem to ecall there were several drow being held when we encountered the linnorm.
OOC: need to correct a piece of bad info that is the result of email communication. The undead army is coming from the northeast. There are Elven refugees coming from Valleyhope.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »
Arion says "Yes, lord Vanyar has informed me. Why do you think the coup failed?"

"Your highness, if Synoise was in command, and remains in command, then I suspect that the adapters were able to put down the elves that realized things were amiss.  I would say that the hierarchy of the elves, lead by Synoise, were too strong, especially backed by Marius, to be overcome.  That is just my speculation."

cough cough

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2012, 11:10:35 PM »
Thale whispers quickly back to you: "This is not appropriate at court. Necromancy and illusion, giant."

Spoken back in giantish, "Quite right, my apologies, can we step out for a moment and discuss?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2012, 08:22:13 AM »
Spoken back in giantish, "Quite right, my apologies, can we step out for a moment and discuss?"
Thale says :With your permission, master Asnijin and I are going to excuse ourselves for a moment to see what we can come up with. I doubt there is any problem a dwarf and a desert elf cannot solve."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
Asinjin flashes a more rare smile at that comment.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
Asinjin flashes a more rare smile at that comment.
After you step away Thale says: "I am mostly a battle wizard and given these events I've memorized mostly combat spells and a few personal detection spells.  The easiest thing might be to send people out in a wind walk to search."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »
"Do we have access to the castle's spellbooks?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
"Do we have access to the castle's spellbooks?"
"You are welcome to my books and lord Darpus sent for one of his yesterday. Other than that the largest collection in the castle is Falan's, which is of little use to either of us."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
"Neither of us can cast Wind Walk, so unless we can find a cleric to do it, out best method of getting scouts around is a Phantom Steed for each."