Author Topic: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0  (Read 28507 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2012, 03:48:55 PM »
Bowing deeply, "We believe it belongs to the Dark One himself. We must destroy it, or find a way to use it to our advantage to learn something about its owner."
"Speaking for the, previously, morally ambivalent, I can assure you no good ever comes from trying to use the tools of evil against them." (His usually unreadable face slips a moment with a sad sidelong glance at Robyn)

"In any case if the Gemblade did not damage it I have nothing at my disposal that will have any chance of working. If Stasis were at full strength Ajax could summon us aid to take it away but that is not an option.  Have any of you touched it? Voluntarily I mean."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »
About ten minutes after the constables arrive Mouser (undisguised) enters with Robyn. Striding past Ajax, Arion and Lira, he stops dead at the edge of the antimagic field. With a slightly cocked head he examines the flail. "That is an imposing weapon. I'm impressed that you are all in one piece.  Looking at Robyn, Ari and Asinjin, "What exactly did you want me to do with this thing?"

"Destroy it, or find someone who can."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
What, in general, do you tell the constables?  Both pass the prick test.

Awesome, neither of them are douchebags.  Good to know. :)

We tell them that a powerful Yougoloth (sp?) and its Adapter sidekick attempted to ambush us with about two dozen minions outside our home.  Fortunately their plan was thwarted by our forethought to scout our own backyard as we have made some powerful enemies as of late, and not because we get ambushed pretty much everywhere we go.  Like all the time.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
"... Have any of you touched it? Voluntarily I mean."
"Nope, no one here would be foolish enough to do that." Parker says sheepishly.  "Our Furious Guardian is the only one who has touched it."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2012, 04:49:07 PM »
"Destroying artifacts is tricky business. You (Asinjin) would seem the ideal person to figure out if it can be done. That being said, if this is Nilas'Anor's own weapon destroying it is probably beyond any of our abilities."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »
"Thank you for the vote of confidence.  Anything that can be made can be unmade, this is no exception.  Given time, I could figure it out, however, right now, we do not have the time it would take me.  If we can find someone that can determine it faster, or a place to keep it until I can figure it out.  That would be best.  There is a faster, and far riskier way of destroying it, but I am hesitant to suggest it, so let us wait on that path."  cough cough cough

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
Awesome, neither of them are douchebags.  Good to know. :)

We tell them that a powerful Yougoloth (sp?) and its Adapter sidekick attempted to ambush us with about two dozen minions outside our home.  Fortunately their plan was thwarted by our forethought to scout our own backyard as we have made some powerful enemies as of late, and not because we get ambushed pretty much everywhere we go.  Like all the time.
Brentan leaves, having taken a stiff drink of whatever the best is you have on hand, telling Udarin to get him a full report if warranted. He does not see Mouser or is too annoyed to take notice. Udarin returns to the foyer where everyone is staring at the flail, stands next to Mouser, says "excuse me sir" as he starts to step past him, recognizes him and for the second time in an hour jumps with fright, this time with a yelp. Mouser simply says "Deputy" and continues looking at the flail.

The next few minutes bring even more visitors. Barrington Claywall, the high cleric of Smofarf arrives with Jarius, VJ returns empty handed and reports the cleric of Lakius is at sea. As you are starting to explain things to them Nisoru arrives with Thamolly Pratt, Sir Bartholomew and, oddly, Rathos.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
"It won't work in here either, no need to prick my finger for nothing."  cough
The knife does not need magic to draw blood. If it your blood runs gold, we know you are in impostor. If you continue to find excuses to avoid the test, we can only suspect it.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2012, 10:31:47 PM »
Can anyone contact Escalon or Maglore?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »
The next few minutes bring even more visitors. Barrington Claywall, the high cleric of Smofarf arrives with Jarius, VJ returns empty handed and reports the cleric of Lakius is at sea. As you are starting to explain things to them Nisoru arrives with Thamolly Pratt, Sir Bartholomew and, oddly, Rathos.
I draw the knife, slit my hand, and extend it so Nisoru can see. "Lord Nisoru, what brings you here? We only parted company an hour ago." 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2012, 11:24:53 PM »
I draw the knife, slit my hand, and extend it so Nisoru can see. "Lord Nisoru, what brings you here? We only parted company an hour ago."
Nisoru takes in the scene for a moment. "We bring good news and bad. All of the Captains of the Knights that we could assemble have been checked and have not been replaced. Only Cardan Etruk of the Orcish Empire and Wilar Tel'cu cannot be found. Maglore has learned that the Adaptors can only hold the shape of a living being and whatsmore must be on the same plane as that being. If they are separated for more than three days, or the subject dies, the connection is broken. Tomorrow Marius will have to return his captives or expose his infiltrators.  Therefore tomorrow we must act. The knights and I will assemble outside the castle. Michael is already working to identify those men he can trust to allow us entry to the outer bailey. Escalon and the Guardians will attempt to rescue the captives.   I would ask you to infiltrate the Castle and bring Arion to the Council. "

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2012, 12:17:43 AM »
"We are going with you to the castle, and then we are going farther into the Council, is that the plan?"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »
"Right, they will get us onto the grounds, then we get to storm the castle." ~sigh~ "I suggest we all take tonight to relax and prepare.  If there is nothing anyone can do about the Flail in my foyer, I will send someone to the College to notify Lady Allanda."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »
At what time in the day did the battle happen today, and what time tomorrow are we planning on our mission?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
"Right, they will get us onto the grounds, then we get to storm the castle." ~sigh~ "I suggest we all take tonight to relax and prepare.  If there is nothing anyone can do about the Flail in my foyer, I will send someone to the College to notify Lady Allanda."
"No, you will enter the Castle through the secret tunnels you used . . . already. The knights and I will hopefully be admitted but if Michael does not succeed the we will be defenseless and will most likely have to flee. Our arrival will also serve as a a distraction to our enemies within and outside the Castle giving you a greater chance once you are in the Castle."