Author Topic: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0  (Read 27851 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0
« on: October 12, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »
Lots to accomplish in the next two weeks. Start with the immediate aftermath of the ambush and I will move on when you are done.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 12:01:10 PM »
Rubius checks on everyone and supplies healing if needed.  Once that is done, he will collect all the items from the ninja stew that Ari left all over the streets.  After that, I suggest we prepare to explain what happened to the authorities who will probably be here shortly.

(OOC: I was hoping to see "Introducing the new Nycaloth Slayer" prestige class..." in the subject line.  ;D)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
"Ok.  We need to get everyone into the mansion, like now.  Ajax, get our wards moving.  I'll deal with the authorities."  Parker pulls out a quill, ink, and parchment and leaves the following note pinned to the Nycoloth and the golden puddle of not-Thaddius:

'These creatures have been slain by Parker Berko and Company.  For a complete recap of events please go to [insert Parker's address here].  Thank you for your timely arrival.'

Parker will pick up two stones and cast light on them both and place the stones underneath the notes so that the authorities will be sure to find them.  Then follow the rest into the Mansion compound

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:45:53 PM »
Does the Nycoloth body remain there, or has it dissipated?

The walk with the Furius Guardian back to the house.

Are there any city folk watching, or in site?

I will Legend Lore the flail later.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »
A crowd has already gathered where Ari dispatched the assassins. Two junior constables who look like they are having trouble keeping their breakfast down are keeping them back.

As soon as the furious guardian come out an even larger crowd gathers to watch. The nycaloth begins to dissipate. It leaves behind a belt, gauntlets and greaves. It's torc was destroyed by Ajax's blow.  Even after laying hands on himself Ajax is seriously wounded but he says he will heal and to save the wand charges for later.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »
The furious guardian collects those other items as well and carries them back.

Asinjin never goes around that corner to witness Ari sushi-making.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »
A crowd has already gathered where Ari dispatched the assassins. Two junior constables who look like they are having trouble keeping their breakfast down are keeping them back.

As soon as the furious guardian come out an even larger crowd gathers to watch. The nycaloth begins to dissipate. It leaves behind a belt, gauntlets and greaves. It's torc was destroyed by Ajax's blow.  Even after laying hands on himself Ajax is seriously wounded but he says he will heal and to save the wand charges for later.

Instead of the notes, Parker will just go over to the Jr. Constables and give them the same information as was going to be in the note

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
  Even after laying hands on himself Ajax is seriously wounded but he says he will heal and to save the wand charges for later.

"We have plenty of potions inside Ajax.  Feel free to use as many as necessary."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »
Instead of the notes, Parker will just go over to the Jr. Constables and give them the same information as was going to be in the note
They nod and listen. It's a grisly scene.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
While talking, Parker will activate the 'See Invisibility' power of his Rod of Alertness and scan the area to see if there is anyone invisible in the area.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
While talking, Parker will activate the 'See Invisibility' power of his Rod of Alertness and scan the area to see if there is anyone invisible in the area.
No one invisible. Ari does not detect anyone in his radius either, though the flail's aura is now distinct.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 07:04:56 PM »

As Parker informs the constables of what happened (and after all the loot is collected), Rubius will go around to the people in the crowd, offering food and drink and doing his best to comfort those who seem most upset, especially women and children.  I assure them that the area is safe and that everything is under control.  I do silly monster sounds and make contorted faces to amuse the children and weave a tale of how heroic Ari, Parker, Robyn, Asinjin, and Ajax were was in defeating them (leaving out the gore, or course, and I make no mention of Arian and Liera). 

Diplomacy check = random roll 17 + 8 modifier = 25.   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
As Parker informs the constables of what happened (and after all the loot is collected), Rubius will go around to the people in the crowd, offering food and drink and doing his best to comfort those who seem most upset, especially women and children.  I assure them that the area is safe and that everything is under control.  I do silly monster sounds and make contorted faces to amuse the children and weave a tale of how heroic Ari, Parker, Robyn, Asinjin, and Ajax were was in defeating them (leaving out the gore, or course, and I make no mention of Arian and Liera). 

Diplomacy check = random roll 17 + 8 modifier = 25.   
You don't get any takers for food but the reassuring words seem appreciated. You get the sense many of them have never seen a halfling before.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »
You all make it back into the mansion without further problems. Jarius and VJ bring cold water to drink and clean up. After you are all present for a few minutes everyone, even Parker, begins to develop a headache and then nausea.  Ari, Arion and Asinjin are particularly affected.  Ajax's aura seems diminished. Ajax approaches the golem and as he gets closer raises his arm to shield his face as if he is walking towards a fire.  "Be rid of it. Cast it into the sea or bury it but take it from here, it is a shard of the Darkness."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
Asinjin in Elemental Body form is immune to physical illness, however the headache is there.

"We can have it destroyed."  I will legend lore it, which will tell in there are any special requires for destruction (unless its an artifact)