Author Topic: The Paper Chase and the Ice !@?* Breaketh  (Read 6156 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
The Paper Chase and the Ice !@?* Breaketh
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »
A bit of unfinished business before we move on:  When Vasili enters the Gate House Turret he finds 12 men, all human, unconscious.  The temperature in the turret is even colder than outside and takes your breath away for a moment but it appears to very slowly be equalizing with the outside air.  The men appear otherwise unharmed but the two ballista and the 16 siege crossbows all appear damaged and inoperable.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Paper Chase and the Ice !@?* Breaketh
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
Who takes charge of the situation?  Pratt?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:57:59 PM »
A bit of unfinished business before we move on:  When Vasili enters the Gate House Turret he finds 12 men, all human, unconscious.  The temperature in the turret is even colder than outside and takes your breath away for a moment but it appears to very slowly be equalizing with the outside air.  The men appear otherwise unharmed but the two ballista and the 16 siege crossbows all appear damaged and inoperable.

I spot around for some evidence.  Random.org me a 11 + 6 = 17 total.  I also do a search  Random.org 17 + 6 = 24.

I also call for assistance of the clerics...

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »

I spot around for some evidence.  Random.org me a 11 + 6 = 17 total.  I also do a search  Random.org 17 + 6 = 24.

I also call for assistance of the clerics...

If Uleric is still on the roof and can hear the call from the gate, he heads over that way

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »
Who takes charge of the situation?  Pratt?

The situation remains very chaotic. The shrine is heavily damaged and the first  order is to move everyone away from the facade. A male ice gnome who appears injured is giving most of the orders. The man in the blue cloak and the cleric of Han-Sui speak with each other until hearing Vasili call for aid. Then they step through a dimension door to the top of the wall.

Vasili finds the door from the outside, where he entered has it's lock broken. It looks like it was frozen and shattered. The two men arrive and the cleric begins checking the men.
"They will live. They need blankets and food more than anything" he says.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
Does Rob see anyone that is in a position of authority to give orders to the constables?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
Your sergeant starts to take command

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »

I re-activate skate and go to collect blankets, and food from the constable guard post.  Moving at 220

The situation remains very chaotic. The shrine is heavily damaged and the first  order is to move everyone away from the facade. A male ice gnome who appears injured is giving most of the orders. The man in the blue cloak and the cleric of Han-Sui speak with each other until hearing Vasili call for aid. Then they step through a dimension door to the top of the wall.

Vasili finds the door from the outside, where he entered has it's lock broken. It looks like it was frozen and shattered. The two men arrive and the cleric begins checking the men.
"They will live. They need blankets and food more than anything" he says.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:02:22 PM »
The turret is part of the city gate which has a garrison and all the provisions you need.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »
The turret is part of the city gate which has a garrison and all the provisions you need.

Ok, I start getting blanks for the men.  I don't know how to cook so unless there are some MRE's they'll have to feed themselves....

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 07:40:50 PM »
After about ten minutes the situation seems more under control. The blue robed man departs.  The Watch Commander, Borden is his name, arrives and relieves your sergeant.  The ice gnome you learn is Rasimin, the high cleric of the shrine.  All of you who are uninjured are assigned to control the rapidly forming crowd.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:43:22 PM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
rabid or rapid?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
After an hour in the cold and dark everything seems under control.  You are dismissed for the night.  What is on your agenda for the next day?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »
We still have unfinished leads to find Falce, correct?  If so, then that is what we will do.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
The following morning the Watch Commander speaks to all of the constables on duty.  He informs you that at least until at least until the day after Frostine's feast day, the first day of Costus all deputies will be assigned to patrol.  Deputies are expected to arm themselves with a hammer or mace unless unable to use one.  You are also encouraged to bring an extra flask of oil.  As it will be dark almost around the clock each squad will also have two torches lit at all times.