Author Topic: Not so good to see you again for the First time  (Read 34780 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Not so good to see you again for the First time
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Thanks; missed it the first time around.  Were we able to determine what level the spell was cast when the wand was charged or does that not matter when using a wand?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:26:32 PM by Malchia »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »
Identify tells what level it is cast at.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
Ajax first act upon returning to the mansion is to take the shirt he was given and bleach it white (it was a desert cream).  He then borrows a handful of needles and thread and some cloth and proceeds to SLOWLY sew a symbol of Stasis onto a tabard he fashions from a cape (also bleached).  For anyone watching it is an amusing process as the delicate needles are tiny in his massive, scarred and callused hands and because what would ordinarily result in a stuck finger instead blunts or bends a needle. He goes through over a dozen.

Afterwards Ajax spends a few hours inspecting, cleaning and finally sharpening the sword from the cave.

"This was a soldier's sword. It has seen hard use and been well cared for. It bears a unit insignia and an inspection mark.  My new friends, I will be greatful to you and in your debt for the rest of my days. Unless you have any questions for me I am going to sleep. I have not slept more than an hour or two in the last week and, in truth, no Orc sleeps well aboard a ship, so it has been even longer since I slept well.  Lord Ari, I awaken to pray with the dawn. Brightsoul and I will be ready to depart when you are."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Identify tells what level it is cast at.
12th

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
Ajax first act upon returning to the mansion is to take the shirt he was given and bleach it white (it was a desert cream).  He then borrows a handful of needles and thread and some cloth and proceeds to SLOWLY sew a symbol of Stasis onto a tabard he fashions from a cape (also bleached).  For anyone watching it is an amusing process as the delicate needles are tiny in his massive, scarred and callused hands and because what would ordinarily result in a stuck finger instead blunts or bends a needle. He goes through over a dozen.

If I see this, I say, "Ajax, let me help you."  Asinjin can sew.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »
If I see this, I say, "Ajax, let me help you."  Asinjin can sew.
"Thank you. That is most kind.  I am not very good at it but I once asked for help and was told it was slave's work. As I have been a slave I have no trouble doing it but I loathe those who would say such things so I have learned not to ask, so as to avoid unnecessary violence."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
As you walk Ajax says: "Tell me Parker, were you surprised by what I and Brightsoul told you about our quest to find the true heir?"
"Sort of, I guess.  I mean, we are also on a quest, of sorts, to help decide the next....hang on a second."  Parker will go through the house and grab a dozen Glowing orbs and bring them into the room they are in.  He will make them all bright enough to get rid of any shadows in the room. If the room they are in is not one of the ones that is not covered by the Permanent Mage's Private Sanctum spells he moves everyone (and the orbs) to one of those rooms.  Parker will ask Asinjin to see if he can make us any less scryable.  Once we are as protected as we can be, Parker continues.  "We were sent to help retrieve one of the items that is needed to retrieve 'the Gemblade'.  It is in a vault of Stasis' own making.  We were going to open the vault and see if, a certain someone we know, can wield it.  We though that was the best way to decide the next king.  Admittedly, I didn't know of the 'Kingmakers' existance.  But, I guess that wouldn't hurt either."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »
"Sort of, I guess.  I mean, we are also on a quest, of sorts, to help decide the next....hang on a second."  Parker will go through the house and grab a dozen Glowing orbs and bring them into the room they are in.  He will make them all bright enough to get rid of any shadows in the room. If the room they are in is not one of the ones that is not covered by the Permanent Mage's Private Sanctum spells he moves everyone (and the orbs) to one of those rooms.  Parker will ask Asinjin to see if he can make us any less scryable.  Once we are as protected as we can be, Parker continues.  "We were sent to help retrieve one of the items that is needed to retrieve 'the Gemblade'.  It is in a vault of Stasis' own making.  We were going to open the vault and see if, a certain someone we know, can wield it.  We though that was the best way to decide the next king.  Admittedly, I didn't know of the 'Kingmakers' existance.  But, I guess that wouldn't hurt either."
For the first time since you met him Ajax looks stunned.

"I . . . um . . . hmm . . . The Gemblade? The sword given to Stasis' ancestors itself?  I am not an educated Orc but I have a good ear for the truth and can read others fairly well. It was clear that you already knew something of my quest by how casually you spoke and listened. But to see the sword itself?! Never did I imagine such a thing!!  Hmmm, a vault you say? Blessed Electra did say the sword would be a key to restoring the true heir to the throne. Perhaps she meant that literally."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:36:27 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »
As you are brightening the room Ajax says : "If you are trying to keep Darkthorne and his minions at bay I have good news for you; he cannot abide my celestial radiance. When I revealed that I was only feigning unconsciousness my aura burned him and he recoiled from it after he broke free from my grasp. When he sent his shadows to bind me he saw they were destroyed and after that he only used the fiends. When he saw me destroy the loths he never approached close to me again."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »
As you are brightening the room Ajax says : "If you are trying to keep Darkthorne and his minions at bay I have good news for you; he cannot abide my celestial radiance. When I revealed that I was only feigning unconsciousness my aura burned him and he recoiled from it after he broke free from my grasp. When he sent his shadows to bind me he saw they were destroyed and after that he only used the fiends. When he saw me destroy the loths he never approached close to me again."

"Good to know.  I'm of the mind that the shade is as cowardly as he is loathsome and am pretty sure Asinjin can take him on in a fair fight.  However, it is his other...um.... ?minion? that I would rather not have any dealings with.  Dealing with Uscis and the 'Hunter of Paladins' is not on any of my 'to do' lists, of which there are many.  Although, rumor has it that he tried to destroy 'the Gemblade' ,which we are attempting to remove from its impregnable vault, not too long ago, and, being in the presence of arguably one of the mightiest Paladins in all of Habololy probably ups the odds of running into the crazed loon considerably. ~sigh~ The Learned Lady really knows how to mete out a punishment.  I suppose this is the result of all of my shenanigans over 4+ years at the college and abroad.  (looking up into the heavens) Well played My Lady, well played."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »
"Yes, the black knight; I suspect accompanying Lord Ari as long as you have has led the blackguard to take notice of you. I do not fear him or the black sword, but I hope to finish this mission before I am put to that test. Still, with Asnijin's spells and Ari's blades and your . . . skills, I am sure we could defeat him.  As for destroying the Gemblade, he is a fool if he thinks that within his power.  Things made by the powers are not so easily unmade by we mortals."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
"Yes, the black knight; I suspect accompanying Lord Ari as long as you have has led the blackguard to take notice of you. I do not fear him or the black sword, but I hope to finish this mission before I am put to that test. Still, with Asnijin's spells and Ari's blades and your . . . skills, I am sure we could defeat him.  As for destroying the Gemblade, he is a fool if he thinks that within his power.  Things made by the powers are not so easily unmade by we mortals."
Parker gives Ajax a wounded look at the 'skills' comment.  "I said tried.  The Shade said that the sword eventually breaks its users will and makes them crazy.  So it was probably the swords idea.  Still, I'd wager most of my wealth that he shows, up one way or another, once the vault is open."

"As I recall, in the future, 'the Gemblade' had disappeared, and that was one of the reasons that the Shades master was able to run amok.  I see no reason not to be prepared for all possible contingencies.  Speaking of that little escapade, I've given it a modicum of thought and I think I know how the Shade knew so much of our...'excursion' we'll call it.  Sarun, the cleric/wizard from then, that we brought back with us, who disappeared after seeming to accept some offer of the 'evilly-divine' kind.  He could be their source of information about those events that haven't, (Parker looks over at Asinjin) or will never , happen."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »
and am pretty sure Asinjin can take him on in a fair fight. 

:o

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2012, 11:45:58 PM »
"As I recall, in the future, 'the Gemblade' had disappeared, and that was one of the reasons that the Shades master was able to run amok.  I see no reason not to be prepared for all possible contingencies.  Speaking of that little escapade, I've given it a modicum of thought and I think I know how the Shade knew so much of our...'excursion' we'll call it.  Sarun, the cleric/wizard from then, that we brought back with us, who disappeared after seeming to accept some offer of the 'evilly-divine' kind.  He could be their source of information about those events that haven't, (Parker looks over at Asinjin) or will never , happen."

"Ajax, pay little attention to this talk of the future.  It is all illusion and charm made out to be a future.  It may have some predictive power, but do not be fooled.  The power of the con artist is in getting more and more to believe what he sells."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2012, 07:23:21 AM »
Sarun, the cleric/wizard from then, that we brought back with us, who disappeared after seeming to accept some offer of the 'evilly-divine' kind.  He could be their source of information about those events that haven't, (Parker looks over at Asinjin) or will never , happen."
You mean Suric? He was taken by the mindshadows. We recovered him from the pit in the mindshadow's lair (along with Padra and a few others) prior to our wncounter with Uscis and our arrival in Sigil. Asinjin put him in some kind of magical sarcophagus, but after that I don't recall what we did with him.