Author Topic: A Dark Summer  (Read 31959 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: A Dark Summer
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
"Good evening My Lords, My Lady." Parker bows politely to each.  "Were that we could have met under happier circumstances.  What with the weather, the war, and now this..." Parker shakes his head mournfully, "The Future King (Parker puts subtle emphasis on those two words) will have a heavy mantle of responsibility placed on their shoulders right from the outset.  May the gods deliver us one who is strong strong of character and bold of heart.  I fear both will be needed in these troubled times."
You a get a mixed reaction with nods of agreement up until the word bold. The Sakor'akai responds:  "The next king (and the Bladesinger interjects or Queen) must be bold as Stasis or Gideon the First, not like Darscon or Gideon the Third. He was called the Bold and nearly destroyed the Kingdom and cost the allies the Great War."

Aianna says "Yes, wisdom, courage and temperance will be needed for this new king; but he must be bold enough to right the wrongs here and aid his allies when it is hard."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
"Well said My Lady.  But, who, if I may ask, among the potential claimants possess all, or at least most, of these qualities, and in the right mix?  History is repleat with examples of those who had too much of one and not enough of another.  Their lives stand as a warning to future generations."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
1d20+0
2+0 = 2

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:38 PM »
"I shouldn't work overmuch.  Those of whom have cause for such a worry will have brought their elite.  The obvious ones are the warriors and wizards dripping in accolades, but I would wager my mansion that there are those among each dignitaries attendants whose skills are of a more subtle and shady nature.  No, one would have to be an absolute fool to crash this party...speaking of which, where's Sunjata??"
Do not feel overly secure, my friends. We do not know the full strength that our enemies can bring to bear. Just one of the Dark One's agents was able to defeat the king and his guard, Tfop bless them, who were all no doubt highly skilled. If all of our enemy's champions were to unite, who knows what they are capable of? Perhaps the King's assassination was part of their scheme to bring the Kingdom's allies under one roof.

It certainly seems unlikely, but until we know what our enemies plan, we must always be prepared for the worst.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:57:09 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »
Now Ari and Asinjin can roll again. (You're making this interesting)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2012, 10:59:50 PM »
19!

This Wizard's dice generator is treating me well, can I use it during our next game?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2012, 11:02:10 PM »
Sorry this is so late- my internet problems continue. 
"may I introduce you to Lord Arishimoto Udinaru, commander of the Order of the Banished Hero and Feyalin of Tfop, Professor Parker Berko of this institution and master sculptor Asinjin al-Davounin el-Tarrak."

Parker has an irrational urge to wear a fedora, carry a whip and satchel, and have people refer to him as "Icefia Berko"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2012, 11:05:29 PM »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2012, 11:07:43 PM »
"Well said My Lady.  But, who, if I may ask, among the potential claimants possess all, or at least most, of these qualities, and in the right mix?  History is repleat with examples of those who had too much of one and not enough of another.  Their lives stand as a warning to future generations."
There is an uncomfortable silence at that question and all eyes turn to Aianna. After a lengthy pause she says "The royal line is very confused and I have studied it extensively in the last few days.  Who possesses the traits we have mentioned Lady Alara, the captain of the Knights would seem ideal but she is a cleric of Stasis (at which the Ice Gnome perks up) and the Kingdom has never had a cleric of Stasis as high monarch. She is also of course a woman and there is an ancient preference for continuing the royal line that is not unique to Icefia. Furthermore here relation to the royal line is so distant that I could not even authenticate her claim."

"Other than Alara, there are many fine young cousins, many in the military and others in the service of one of the powers. None are well known outside the Kingdom and I will reserve my opinion for now.". 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2012, 11:14:38 PM »
Lira looks remarkably different than the last time you saw her but very uncomfortable amidst all of the attention. 
We last saw Lira and Arion in Foresthall after we returned from the future when, correct? Is Arion here?

I make my way over at some point to say hello to her.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2012, 12:40:20 PM »
We last saw Lira and Arion in Foresthall after we returned from the future when, correct? Is Arion here?

I make my way over at some point to say hello to her.
Yes- you last saw her when you returned. She looks more mature but still uncomfortable. She spends much of the night following her brother around, being introduced and lavished with praise. Brandon Wells is always right behind her.  Wells is around your age, of average height and build with typical Yellowian features and brown hair.  He doesn't convey the same dangerousness as the other elite warriors you you have met. He looks like a nobleman as much as a warrior.

As you approach Lira looks around nervously and when you are still a step or two away Wisker Deldoran slides in front of you. "Sir Arishimoto, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. Master Hardcastle speaks so highly of your character and skill with a blade. On behalf of his majesty allow me to thank you for returning Lira back to the College safe and sound. Hopefully her last year there will conclude uneventfully."

While he is speaking with you Lira has been hustled over to meet another ambassador.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »
Do we know right now where Arion is?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »
Do we know right now where Arion is?
Safe to say Asinjin does not as he has not been around.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »