Author Topic: A Dark Summer  (Read 31155 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
A Dark Summer
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
This is a second attempt at this thread (with a one word different title I case the old one can be found and copied)

Any group questions can be posted here. PC specific questions should be emailed to me.  You should refresh your memories of the War with the threads under the Constable section above. You may also want to refer back to the threads on the old board as we have been away from these folks for a while.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: A Dark Summer
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »
Asinjin posted a two part question in the missing thread but I only remember the second half: Is it actually dark?

Yes, both literally and figuratively. The mood of the nation is dark, worse than Parker can remember  it ever being since the end of the Wyvern Crusade. It is also the coldest summer in memory, human or otherwise. It snows in Messada starting only a month after the Day of Light and the skies are rarely free of clouds. Given the attack at the College and the High King's death people are often seen looking at the clouds nervously and a thunder clap that once would have gone unnoticed is likely to send people indoors.   The nights are moonless and rumors of Chosen, Wugs in the sewers and strange spectral dire wolves stalking the wilderness are rampant in the streets and public houses.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:49:41 PM »
The second part of my questions was: will our constables be taking part in any of this season?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
The second part of my questions was: will our constables be taking part in any of this season?
Probably not.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
Parker and Ari are aware that Asinjin continues to make his home elsewhere.

"I will Send you daily for a report and return if it is needed."

He spends time helped to refurbish the rebuilt temple of Lakius.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »
The state funeral of the high king takes place ten days after the attack.  Under ordinary  circumstances it would have been held within five days but nothing is ordinary about this funeral. To the shock of many it is the High Cleric of Han-Sui , accompanied by the high clerics of Stasis and Gruweas, who performs the ritual. The streets of the capital are mobbed by mourners. The Brotherhood of the Unbroken Sword are active, trying to capitalize on the fear and anger of the subjects. They appear to be having considerable success. Ari is expected to attend as a representative of his Order. Despite the war there are ambassadors and dignitaries from virtually every nation. Ari is mercifully spared any political activities. (unless he wishes to speak with anyone)

More detail of the events to follow shortly in posts and emails
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:59:57 PM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »
If Asinjin is forced at any point to be in Russell's presence, he asks, "Who is the next king going to be?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »
Is Robert given leave to go to the funeral?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »
If Asinjin is forced at any point to be in Russell's presence, he asks, "Who is the next king going to be?"
Only if you seek him out do you find yourself in his presence. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 09:09:57 PM »
Is Robert given leave to go to the funeral?
Yes. You and the other members of the squad may go if you wish. Sgt. Windbourne will be going.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 11:01:51 PM »
Only if you seek him out do you find yourself in his presence.
I do not seek him out.  Although I tell Parker and Ari they should ask him if they run into him, "He won't tell you, claim he can't for some ridiculous reason, or say that it isn't yet know.  Nonsense magic he professes."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
I do not seek him out.  Although I tell Parker and Ari they should ask him if they run into him, "He won't tell you, claim he can't for some ridiculous reason, or say that it isn't yet know.  Nonsense magic he professes."
They too would have to seek him out.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 08:58:58 AM »

Parker looks at Asinjin quizzically.  "I guess our romp through the fabric of time has indeed addled your brain, my friend.  We already know the answer to this question.  Or, at least, we know who the Guardi.... um, our powerful associates want to see on the throne.  Do you not recall the assemblage of Lady Melodi and the others after out 'trip' where we discussed our exploits and the final bit of realization that came from our discussion?" 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
"I recall.  But I hold little of what we saw in that magical mystery tour as certain."

Is this before or after ASinjin's investigations at the temple?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
"I recall.  But I hold little of what we saw in that magical mystery tour as certain."

Is this before or after ASinjin's investigations at the temple?
Assuming that second part is directed to me, let's say after.