Author Topic: Animal Domain Feat  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Animal Domain Feat
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:41:37 AM »
Domain Companion (open to other names): Because of your connection to animals through your deity, you have attracted a devout animal follower.

Prerequisites: Animal Domain, Charisma 12+, character level 4+

Benefits: The cleric gains an Animal Companion as per the rules in the PHB.  For determining the powers and abilities of the animal, divide the cleric's level by two.  If the cleric has another class that grants an animal companion, she does not gain a second companion.  Rather, the levels for the two classes stack in whichever way gives the greater benefit to the animal.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Domain Feat
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »
Domain Companion (open to other names): Because of your connection to animals through your deity, you have attracted a devout animal follower.

Prerequisites: Animal Domain, Charisma 12+, character level 4+

Benefits: The cleric gains an Animal Companion as per the rules in the PHB.  For determining the powers and abilities of the animal, divide the cleric's level by two.  If the cleric has another class that grants an animal companion, she does not gain a second companion.  Rather, the levels for the two classes stack in whichever way gives the greater benefit to the animal.

Does this mean, if i take this feat for Rin, already having an animal companion I can get a full level (druid like) companion?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
No, but she does get to add her cleric levels to her ranger levels for determining the power of the companion.  I may have already allowed that as a house rule.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:36:31 AM »
Prerequisites: Animal Domain, Charisma 12+, character level 4+, Handle Animal 5 ranks

Added another prerequisite.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »
No, but she does get to add her cleric levels to her ranger levels for determining the power of the companion.  I may have already allowed that as a house rule.

You didn't at least for Rin.