Author Topic: Allies Revealed  (Read 17054 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Allies Revealed
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
How long are you all willing to wait for the axe and armor.  The armor especially will take some time (weeks).
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »
You also have to decide what to tell Ikraam about what happened.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
Perhaps rather than sitting idle, we can spend the time collecting the local clerics with the aid of a windwalk blessing. After Leonard is sufficiently armed (aid with a mild amount of disdain), then we can confront this Brewer poisoning our faithful.

Roland, I know little of arms and armor. Can you aid brother Leonard to get what he needs? I have ~4000 gc and a blessed ring of strength (+2) to offer the crafter. I suggest something potent against fey if that is an option.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 11:47:19 PM »
You also have to decide what to tell Ikraam about what happened.
I will not conceal the truth.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 11:58:58 PM »
Commander Bradtree will direct you to a smith once you decide what you want made.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2012, 08:24:52 AM »
Perhaps rather than sitting idle, we can spend the time collecting the local clerics with the aid of a windwalk blessing. After Leonard is sufficiently armed (aid with a mild amount of disdain), then we can confront this Brewer poisoning our faithful.

Roland, I know little of arms and armor. Can you aid brother Leonard to get what he needs? I have ~4000 gc and a blessed ring of strength (+2) to offer the crafter. I suggest something potent against fey if that is an option.

Umm.. Lad.. your not casting any Windwalk blessing on me.  Earth Glide, Earth Mastery or nothing.  Being that I am one with the earth, casting something so.. umm.. airy isn't going to roll.  You might be looking for more comfortable boots, or perhaps a wagon and a sturdy mule.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2012, 01:52:31 PM »
I know nothing of armor and in the interest of time I suggest a set of bracers or other protection. As for a weapon, it would take quite some time to forge and enchant a weapon suited to his size.

If we intend to wait, Haas and I could travel by windwalk to the clerics. Ikraam and Reik could begin their trek to our ultimate destination. We could meet at the last non-lizard folk town.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »
Grant, who has been listening patiently to all parties, chimes in,

"I believe we have to move on as quickly as possible, and as a group.  The Fey appear to be this 'force' that is removing our and Stasis' faithful from the forest.  We now know better what we are dealing with.  With the help of the scholars, we can learn what we need to defeat any Fey we come across.  But, time is still of the essence, as they say.  The longer we delay, the more faithful we risk losing."

"As for weapons and armament for our returned brother, I agree with Brother Roland, in that magical bracers might be best due to our current time restrictions.  Also, if we can get weapons that will assist us in damaging the Fey.  I believe the Scholars might have the necessary information in that regard.  While it may not be an axe, brother Leonard, it will allow you to fight effectively against our foes."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »
Three days after Lennie returned, as you are waiting for have armor and weapons made and planning out your actions, the gathered faithful of Tyrogatore are 'praying' in the morning.

During 'prayers' you notice that Lennie is better than you remember at wrestling and at pray overall.

After prayer time, Roland and Lennie spar, with whatever large weapon Lennie has found.  After a few minutes, it is clear that Lennie is fumbling far more than you would expect.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2012, 05:03:57 PM »
Hmmmm, Brother Lenny, I have seen you stop an attacker dead in their tracks when they charge you. Lets try an experiment (I cant believe I'm doing this), I'll try to charge me, you try to stop me.  I find the longest staff or pole that I can, not shod with metal, and make a good running charge. I take down all my defenses.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »
Lennie is able to that with his fist and his a weapon but seems much better at it with his fist.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2012, 06:41:25 PM »
(ooc: does he have reach w/o a weapon? )

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
yes

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
Since most people watching are trained warriors, what you notice with Lennie is that his fist and weapon use are on par with each.  You also notice that anything fancy you have seen him do with the ax  he is not able to do now.  He swings it much slower with less accuracy and skill.   (ooc:  Lennie used to have weapon focus, greater weapon focus, and mastery with the Ax)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »
Does Roland or Rafeal and Linda tell us the vulnerabilities of the Fey?  If so then Grant suggests Cold-Iron Gauntlets inlaid with silver or the same, but in brass knuckle form