Author Topic: Allies Revealed  (Read 16874 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Allies Revealed
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »

Do you have any hope that you can reach someone of their kind who can negotiate with them or at least tell us of their involvement in all of this ?
Can I assume no answer to this line of questions means there is no hope?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
"We have communicated with some of them.  They are unwilling to tell us anything, but to ensure us that Balinhost is safe."

"There is a struggle within the fey right now, we have not been able to find the lines that separate the sides, but it is not the traditional seelie vs unseelie."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »
"We have communicated with some of them.  They are unwilling to tell us anything, but to ensure us that Balinhost is safe."

"There is a struggle within the fey right now, we have not been able to find the lines that separate the sides, but it is not the traditional seelie vs unseelie."
Balinhost is not safe. Eventually the enemies of Tyrogatore and Stasis will come to Balinhost for their followers and there will be blood. I suspect the fey are pawns in this but those that manipulate them will not be satisfied until the faiths of Tyrogatore and Stasis are destroyed; so whatever bargain the fey have struck can only be settled with violence as the coin. If you do not wish to see the fey suffer you should work to dissuade them after we leave.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
Hey.. um.. I know I'm late to the party, and.. well... Drunnbar knows i'm always up for a constitution testing war, I mean heck, we've been defending ourselves against the underhanded brothers of blast mountain since the dawn of time.  I mean when you have all the magic in the world you don't mind fighting every day, and running away to recharge and coming back the next day. ... aggggrh... Err.. anyway, What I mean is why would these gods array themselves against Tygorgator and Stasis.  Why would they want to destroy the faith?  Have I missed something?  Something tells me if you wanted to gain power, there are other faiths that might be a tad easier to knock off.   Why pick to fight against two of the better martial faiths?.. I'm not a strategist, but something else is going on.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 12:33:17 PM »
Firfin says, "I know it is strange for Everentual to ally with the others, so he must have a reason.  I know that he has never liked Stasis because of his morality and ethics and because of his home in the upper planes.  As for Tyrogatore, their falling out over Hammel centuries ago has never healed.  Those could be reason enough to ally with other to see the religions fall."

After some thought, "It surprises me that Compture is not involved in this. Such a huge change would sort it well."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »
Who hammel?  Tell Lennie story.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 08:33:48 PM »
We know so little of the plot. There is no reason to think they are equal partners. Everventual could be manipulating the others, particularly the cults, in the hope that the struggle will leave them weak and vulnerable themselves. Or it could be that the Counsil powers and the cult powers are not in league but have the same goals. It matters not for we are but mortals and the plans of the powers are beyond us. All we can do is thwart their servants with sword and fist.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »
Haas why you have Lennie on your back?  That funny.  I think Lennie not that tall but looks like Lennie.  I think Lennie get a giant Haas on his back.  The giant Haas will be taller then a Halfling because Haas so short.   Hahaha Lennie make joke.   But Lennie still get tatoo of Haas that not joke.
It is a tribute to your might, my brother.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »
Who hammel?  Tell Lennie story.

"In the time of mortal Stasis, but before he came to the world, there was a hero named Hammel the Good.  A Nipit of great virtue, honor, and valor.  He wandered the world seeking out those in need.  He was a knight paladin and friend to all....

In the end he was betrayed by Stasis son, Gideon.  Hammel was taken to Hertoplowis where he was put on trial and banished from the world."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
Another issue to consider: did you ever come to a resolution about whether or not to try and have the cleric of Stasis, Robert, raised?
Since his faith prohibits reincarnations, it is not in my power to restore Robert's life. It is therefore up to his clergy to decide. We know who is coordinating the attacks in this area, so I see no need to try to raise Robert just to find out who attacked him.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »
Perhaps Roland's fey experts can examine Robert's remains and determine if his death was caused by one of those creatures .

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
With no difficulty, Rafael and Linda conclude that a redcap ate Robert.

"They are vicious monsters that grow more powerful when they eat their victims.  The more powerful the victim, the more powerful it becomes."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »
With no difficulty, Rafael and Linda conclude that a redcap ate Robert.

"They are vicious monsters that grow more powerful when they eat their victims.  The more powerful the victim, the more powerful it becomes."
Was the creature Keldan fought a redcap?  The one with the scythe?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »
Yes,  I would have beaten it but it ran before I could.  I could a couple good hits on it but it was resistant.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
Is there someplace in Balinhost where we can purchase Leonard's gear?