Author Topic: Enemies Revealed  (Read 13229 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Enemies Revealed
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »
I have the bag of bones with me, so I'll compare a bite mark on a bone with the mouths, claws, feet, and weapons of the vanquished creatures.  I'll also check the bones for any trace of silver blood or poison that was on the darts/arrows. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
Whitesword, what are Stasis rules on burial, would that have been allowed?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »
Whitesword, what are Stasis rules on burial, would that have been allowed?
Stasis allows each culture to follow its own tradition as long as the body is not desecrated, such as eaten or made into tools or jewelry. Burial in a tomb, a grave, cairn are most common. A pyre I suppose in some places.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
Okay then, Ikraam has one or two bones with marks on them.

The teeth of the green-skinned dog faced creature do not match the marks on the bones.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 06:58:34 PM »
Firfin asks Haas, "It just occurred to me, would you be able bring him back from the dead?"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »
Keldaan stares puzzled at Firfin.  Looking at Ikraam and back at Firfin. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
Firfan looks at Keldaan for a moment, "Is something wrong?"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Firfan looks at Keldaan for a moment, "Is something wrong?"

I didn't think it was proper to talk about raising someone in front of a cleric of the god of death.  Just a thought.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
I didn't think it was proper to talk about raising someone in front of a cleric of the god of death.  Just a thought.

(Ikraam has a firm grip on one of the bones and you can see the whites of his knuckles as he squeezes harder as the words escape Firfin's lips).  You are wise Keldaan...he is in the arms of my Lord now.  What's done is done and those whose time has come must pass through Dedestroyt's realm.  There will be no tampering with the dead in my presence.  We will find answers another way.  There is always another way.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 09:46:47 PM »
Firfan turns to Ikraam, "I doubt he is in your lord's arms.  He is seated at Stasis' great table, as he was a devout man."

"That said, you are correct Keldaan, I could have said that at a better time."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 11:05:59 PM »
(bored in Baltimore please post)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
As the dense foliage retreats back into the forest you see a Northern Elf sheathing his sword with such a fluid motion that it almost appears to be part of his body.  The elf stands over 5 feet tall with blonde hair and bright blue eyes.  He is finely dressed in noble's clothing and you see a glint of Mithral underneath his tunic through a hole that was torn by the dense foliage.  He has on fine boots and a cloak made of fine black material that blurs around the edges.  On a clasp of he cloak you see a sword with swirling wind around it on his shirt over on the left side over his heart you see a symbol with a tree that has roses growing on it.   "Greeting I am Keldaan Windblade  emissary of the northern elves.  If and if my memory serves me correctly you must be Haas.  I am looking to join your your noble cause to stop the evil forces attack on the  faiths of Stasis and Tyragatore and to find out how these evil forces are corrupting a good hearted deity.  Although I know in your opinion this good hearted deity's clerics are are weak of will and body, lazy and cowardly and that is why they have been corrupted. Anyway I am here to help.  Is everyone ok?
Greetings Keldaan, friend of Solaris. Your arrival here is very opportune, and your offer of help in our crusade is most welcome. Tell me, how did you come to know of the plight of Tyrogatore, and how did you know we would come to Balinhost?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 12:28:58 AM »
Firfan turns to Ikraam, "I doubt he is in your lord's arms.  He is seated at Stasis' great table, as he was a devout man."

"That said, you are correct Keldaan, I could have said that at a better time."
If Tyrogatore wills it, I can. It might be the only way for us to discover what happened to him, since his soul could not be contacted. But if a speak with dead blessing has already failed, retuning him to life may prove difficult. We must try, unless Master Ikraam can make another suggestion.

I say this with no disrespect Ikraam. If there is a path before me that could uncover the Great Lizard's enemies, then I will take it, even if it shows disregard for one of the fundamental beliefs of your faith. I will be remorseful for offending you, for you have been a great aide to our cause, but this could mean the difference between the survival and extinction of the Religion in the Great Forest. I pray you understand.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »
Greetings Keldaan, friend of Solaris. Your arrival here is very opportune, and your offer of help in our crusade is most welcome. Tell me, how did you come to know of the plight of Tyrogatore, and how did you know we would come to Balinhost?

I was at a great battle in the string mountains to aid the dwarves and frost giants in fighting off a cultist army.  I fought side by side with Acsalos Thanos and Reik Sledgehammer against the cultist frost giants and we defeated them.  After the battle I heard Acsalos talk about the plight of the religion.  Reik and I decided to come and find you to help with the plot against the faiths of Stasis and Tyragatore.  Reik's contacts were able to track down your location so I traveled here to meet up with you.  I wanted to arrive as soon as possible so I could start helping right away so I had the powerful dwarven wizard Brack teleport me here.  However,  Reik  in keeping with the tenets of his faith refused to travel through arcane magical means so he will be joining us here some time soon.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »
"Acsalos has doe us a great service then, by drawing attention to the plight here.  I hope Stasis continues to guide him well."

By this point, three half-elves have entered the circle.  The leader of the three is Commander Bradtree, who is known to Grant and Haas from the Battle of the Forest Coalition.  The other two fall in behind him, clearly subordinates.

He is of average height and build.  He wears only a small red gem on his chest to identify him as a commander in the military.  His boots are dark brown, as are his leather leggings.  He wears a mithral chain shirt, not unlike Keldaan's.  His hair is a mess, which stand out against his otherwise well kept appearance.  You see a thin black headband beneath his hair.  In his hands are two sabres, although Haas and Grant don't know weaponry well, It is clear to the others that they are magical and old.

He looks to Firfin and Keldaan, "Can you report to me what has happened?"