Author Topic: The Feast in Dramman  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
The Feast in Dramman
« on: April 12, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »
What happens next....

A week after the battle, when everything has been cleared, Lord Roflander has a great feast to celebrate the victory and to laud his allies.

The leaders of the various groups are invited, as well as the heroes.  That includes: Hardrada, Hipolet, Marhand, Mar'kel, Reik, Ajax, Keldaan, Brack, and Owen.  It also includes a variety of giants: Sir Damon, The Skald of Dramman, the watch captains Arouf, Gostard and Amfor, Jarter the cleric of Stasis, Grudfrid the cleric of Frostine, and the merchant Lord Tarfaland.

It is a large party where Roflander has ordered no talk of bad omens, dangerous times and the like.  Nonetheless, after several hours, the Skald of Dramman has finished reciting his ode (which you all received last week) and turns to Ajax.

"Let us hear tales, great Bearer of His Light.  For surely ye have some that will carry through the night."

The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: The Feast in Dramman
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:36 PM »
What happens next....

A week after the battle, when everything has been cleared, Lord Roflander has a great feast to celebrate the victory and to laud his allies.

The leaders of the various groups are invited, as well as the heroes.  That includes: Hardrada, Hipolet, Marhand, Mar'kel, Reik, Ajax, Keldaan, Brack, and Owen.  It also includes a variety of giants: Sir Damon, The Skald of Dramman, the watch captains Arouf, Gostard and Amfor, Jarter the cleric of Stasis, Grudfrid the cleric of Frostine, and the merchant Lord Tarfaland.

It is a large party where Roflander has ordered no talk of bad omens, dangerous times and the like.  Nonetheless, after several hours, the Skald of Dramman has finished reciting his ode (which you all received last week) and turns to Ajax.

"Let us hear tales, great Bearer of His Light.  For surely ye have some that will carry through the night."
I am no entertainer,  but perhaps if you listen you will understand a little better what has happened here and what is yet to come.

I am Aesculos Thanos, son of Tersius, son of Andorious, son of Corinius IV and his line of forbearers.  I am a paladin of Stasis, the bane of the dark powers, example to just rulers, champion of good and bringer of the Light. I am a servant of his light.  I have forsworn the comforts of this world so that I might never be distracted from my call, never be tempted to think the honor a burden.  I have ridden upon my faithful steed Brightsoul, a gift from Stasis, from this end of the world to its uttermost end and across the breadth of the Main Continent.  I have been hailed as a hero and reviled as a bringer of woe.  I have been a companion to many of the great heroes of this age and an enemy to the servants of the Darkness.  This is my tale:

I was taken a slave many years ago by the wicked but petty tyrants of Borkondorf. There I was made aware of evil for the first time, but only in its most ignorant and disorganized form. With Stasis' aid and that of my companions I escaped.
   After many years of work and prayer I was called to battle. It is not our place to question the will of the Powers and it was Stasis' will that I fight to defend the holy city of Jaswap.  It was there for the first time that I stood beside the champions of Drunbarr, Grimdrek and Reik,  and Hemator, Saint Solaris, in battle, against the fire giants of Sutyr. After driving off the giants I set off for my homeland, which I had not seen in many years but Stasis again called me to a different task.

I rode across the desert back to the border of the Empire, my homeland and gained new companions: faithful subjects of Yellowia and my brother Orc Voruk, a soldier of the Armus. We learned of a threat to both my home and the Kingdom of Yellowia:  the mutant hordes that dwell in the wastes, but in our quest to sound the alarm a greater danger was revealed for the first time. Many of our homelands are adrift, no worthy ruler to guide them. In Yellowia I saw the peril of corruption in a goodly land and I rode its length to find what I must do to end this danger. In the hills of the far south I stood beside my brother and sister paladins of Stasis in battle against the hill giants and their allies. My true mission began to take shape. Afterwards I returned to the Empire, to warn the Emperor of the danger.  I found that my people had become bitter and uncaring.  Only with the aid of a great general did we convince the Emperor to send the Armus into the wastes.  With my brothers and the valiant dwarves of clan Tuskenhammer  we threw back the hordes.  The victory was tainted for a darker stain of corruption had seeped into the Armus. A deceiver had risen to high command and made war upon the holy city of Lynkeed, sacking its high temple of Tyrogatore. 

Stasis sent me to guide Tyrogatore's children out of the city so that word could spread of this misdeed and the plot against my Lord and mighty Tyrogatore.  Here I saw that it was no coincidence that I was set to defend Tyrogatore's faithful at both Jaswap and Lynkeeed, for the same enemies were at work against both cities. Sutyr and Everventual, Corhakar and Vishtoo, and even harmless, foolish Tommimao now are allied against my Lord and Tyrogatore; against their faithful who live unaware of the threat.   Soon it became clear that the one who had misled my countrymen had to be stopped.  The children that had departed Lynkeed returned to as proven warriors; Haas their leader and his steadfast friend brother Leonardus. With these new  found friends and other allies we rallied the people of the Great Forest and challenged the Armus. The Light revealed the servant of evil and he was defeated.  It was there that I received my true charge from Stasis, to seek out just and strong rulers for the troubled nations of the world, for evil preys on weakness and disorder and a new evil threatens us all.  To aid me Stasis sent me the Kingmaker, a sword forged on Celestia that discerns true leaders of any race.  It was holy Solaris that delivered the sword to me and our paths again led in the same direction.

I thought Stasis would send me to the great nations, Yellowia or troubled Icefia, but instead sent me to lawless Barnstenagore. There is a land where the good are truly outnumbered by the wicked but they have mighty champions:  Koth, the great Liberator of Gnarion and his friend Malek, the summoner. These warriors had overthrown a tyrant and were prepared to stand alone against those that sought to take his place. We fought against the agents of Chaos, slaad and chaos trolls in vast numbers came against our few hundred untried militia.  The forces of darkness learned that men defending their home are brave beyond measure and worth a force many times their size of seasoned troops.   When the battle was won I found the first of those who are blessed with the qualities of true leaders. Lord Roflander is another such leader and he will bring light and justice to your people.

But after the battle of Hilltops I learned that there are two who oppose me; Lord Roflander and those I find must beware them, for one, the Tyrantmaker, will try to corrupt them or find wicked despots to oppose them. The other is an assassin, who seeks to spread chaos, anarchy, throughout the world; for in chaos evil hides and brings its works to fruition more easily.  With Haas and Solaris and Leonardus, I chased the assassin through the realm under the mountain, into the depths of the underdark.  The assassin and his servants slew faithful Cobalt and mighty brother Leonardus and in the end I failed to bring their murderer to justice. I searched for many months but he has disappeared.  Someday Stasis' light will reveal him and those he has slain will be avenged.  But I serve Stasis, not my own desire for justice and he again set me to ride.

Stasis called me south, to the very end of the world. In blessed Pacyr an ancient evil has broken free. In that holy land the people had looked inward for too long and spent their time arguing trivialities in politics.  The people rallied in time to cast the evil back from whence it came.  There again the power of Stasis revealed another leader so that land may once again be a beacon of good.

Now I must travel to the Kingdom of Icefia, Stasis' shining Kingdom,  to put right what mortals have damaged.  All of you who follow Lord Roflander now know, you are embarking on a holy battle against evil, for a new shadow is behind these troubles.  He has set the Hunter of Paladins loose again, sparked war where there was peace and sewn distrust among allies, even the powers themselves.   Fear not, you have Stasis' light to guide you, to defend your hearts from fear and scatter the servants of darkness

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »
Lord Roflander, after a pause, responds,

"Thank you for your story, good Aesculos.  You have live a life of dedication to Stasis and are to be commended.  I swear to rule using Stasis' best wisdom in the years to come.  With your blessing, this will happen.  We will take the kingdom to new heights and be a shining light for the world to see."

"I know you have sworn off things of this world, but is there any aid I can offer to you in your quest?"

OOC: Very nicely written.  If I thought it would matter for Ajax, I'd toss him a few xp.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »

OOC: Very nicely written.  If I thought it would matter for Ajax, I'd toss him a few xp.
He needs it more than any of my other characters! 20000 is a lot to get one session a year.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »
Okay then, I'll throw 250 your way.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »
He needs it more than any of my other characters! 20000 is a lot to get one session a year.

waaaah waaaah... at least you get to play your high level characters...