Author Topic: In Prison . . . You’ll be in Good Company?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
In Prison . . . You’ll be in Good Company?
« on: December 20, 2023, 12:58:58 AM »
More to follow, including XP.

To recap you are in a massive feast hall. There is a single long table, but also many smaller tables in alcoves. There is a central fire pit as well as hearths in the walls. The windows allow in a dull grey light. There is no exit door. The floor is flagstone and the walls and pillars are wood.

Present are the following:  Anhur- A dark skinned, bare chested, four armed man, dressed in a kilt of bronze scalemail armor and armed with spear and sword. 

Athena- a beautiful, dark haired woman, in a toga under a breastplate, armed with spear, shield and short sword.
 Avoreen (who needs no description).
 Balador- the massive werebear.
Berronar Truesilver- the matronly Dwarven patroness, who is armored in mail of exquisite quality but unarmed.
 Eilistraee- the female drow, who’s beauty defies description and is armed with a bastard sword.
 Geardal Ironhand- A gnome who seems to have a different weapon depending on his mood and reminds you more of a dwarf.
 Hachiman- dressed and armed in full “Horarian” fashion.
 Heimdall- towering figure with a horned helm and greatsword. Even when not looking at you it seems as if he is appraising you.
 Koriel- the blue and white Ki-rin. 
Nuada - the silver handed and armed with a solid silver spear warrior.
 Syranita- the aarakocra, who looks the most miserable of all.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 01:20:17 AM by whitesword »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: In Prison . . . You’ll be in Good Company?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 07:17:38 AM »
once recovering from her stunned awe..

"We must not forget, Iskus swallowed 2 of the gems, shards of Kallak's godly power."  pointing at the dragon.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 07:52:23 AM »

"We must not forget, Iskus swallowed 2 of the gems, shards of Kallak's godly power."  pointing at the dragon.

“Yes, agreed. That’s the first problem that needs to be addressed. The other two of these gems [dropping the third onto the table for dramatic effect] need to be removed from Istven’s belly before he has time to do something sinister with them. Surely one of you assembled here can…extract…them?”

“Second problem, where the blazes are we and what’s going on? Tell us everything you know about the situation we now find ourselves in?”

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 08:18:41 AM »
Parker sits down at the table.

"Ooof.  Those were some magical muscles I haven't stretched in a while.  Pretty sure I pulled something.  I agree with Master Blackbattle.  We need to remove those stones from Ishbins gullet.  Fortunately, I know a few people who would be glad to do it the hard way if necessary."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 08:22:47 AM »
Being of a more simple and mostly survival upbringing, she has no idea who any of these beings are, but she can feel their power.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 09:21:24 AM »
Are Ari and Rubius here?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 10:54:44 AM »
Are Ari and Rubius here?
I thought I remembered DM saying all the statues were here.  I believe the assembled deities were appalled by the sight and said they'd "fix that situation later" or something along those lines.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 11:07:51 AM »
Asinjin shape changes back into himself, coughs violently, and camps next to the statues.  Making himself as comfortable as possible, he listens to what is said but only responds if asked a direct question.  It doesn't take long before he falls asleep, casting spells to make himself comfortable so that he can.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 02:57:51 PM »
watches the deities assembled.   Picks dragon gore from the seams in her breastplate and mail.  Eyes Iskus waringly.    Checks out Athena, and Eilistraee.. thinking about sparing them or switching teams.  Just listens. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 09:37:53 PM »

Several of the powers cast a glance at the trussed up wyrm. “Did he now says Heimdall?” Anhur grabs his sword and comes forward before Avoreen waves him off. “Let’s not be hasty.  If he hasn’t absorbed them then they’re not going anywhere and if he has killing him won’t yield anything of value.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2023, 09:47:40 PM »
“Yes, agreed. That’s the first problem that needs to be addressed. The other two of these gems [dropping the third onto the table for dramatic effect] need to be removed from Istven’s belly before he has time to do something sinister with them. Surely one of you assembled here can…extract…them?”

“Second problem, where the blazes are we and what’s going on? Tell us everything you know about the situation we now find ourselves in?”

Berronar comes over with Gaerdal to examine the gem. Turning to Vega she says: “Care for some tea dear? Or something stronger?”

Avoreen says, “My apologies sir, I’m not ever taken unaware but “surprise” at seeing mortals I’ve once seen in person for a second time is the only word I can think of.”

“We are powers, deities, of protection and war. We are the guardians of our respective pantheons. We have been imprisoned here by Nilas’anor. Given what I know of your companions, it seems imprisoning you as well is so valuable to the Dark Lord that he is willing to sacrifice one of his mightiest servants.” 

This draws a frantic muzzled plea from Iscen’s.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2023, 10:04:59 PM »
Syranita and Koriel examine the statues. Syranita says: “This was either a very cleverly or very poorly worded Wish that protected them. We can revive them, but we don’t yet know if mortals will age here. There’s no reason to think that they, you, won’t, so we may want to leave them for the time being.  We leave it to you.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2023, 10:57:41 PM »
Leave them until we know if we age or not.  I assume if the mortals among us get hungry we are aging.  Is anyone huungry?  She looks directly at Asinjin.

"In the mean time.  It seems fate has placed me with some of the greatest warriors even known. " She dusts off her mail leggings, tidies up her armor. gathers up her blonde hair and ties it up in a braid. " Who would like to spar? I know I won't win, but I am stubborn, and learn well. "

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2023, 12:29:43 AM »
Chase pipes in..."Deities, Protectors, and Mighty Powers of the Realms, please allow me to explain the adventure we've endured to get to this point.  Perhaps my story will provide some small measure of joy in this most dire of circumstances"  At this time, I'll put on a bardic performance to fill them in with all details from the beginning of our group assembly to landing here in this place.  I call it "From the Theater of the Mind to the Prison of the Gods."

Perform Check: 1d20 (16) +37 (ranks + buffs) = 53

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2023, 09:53:03 AM »
Chase pipes in..."Deities, Protectors, and Mighty Powers of the Realms, please allow me to explain the adventure we've endured to get to this point.  Perhaps my story will provide some small measure of joy in this most dire of circumstances"  At this time, I'll put on a bardic performance to fill them in with all details from the beginning of our group assembly to landing here in this place.  I call it "From the Theater of the Mind to the Prison of the Gods."

Perform Check: 1d20 (16) +37 (ranks + buffs) = 53

Asinjin casts some anti nausea spells.