Author Topic: You Were Hoping for...Daane  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
You Were Hoping for...Daane
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:42 AM »
Start with xp:

Wake and Falcon - 250 each

Veronica - 400

Chase - 1300

Sas, Valdis, Nathan, Rin - 1150
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: You Were Hoping for...Daane
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:16:25 AM »
The day you are at sea, sailing toward Phiam, when Jean scryes, it is the 15th day of the 8th month of 789.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:16:49 AM »
XP for whoever gives Master Po the recap.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:57:34 AM »
Beforenqenget to far ahead.  There were a few more things I wanted to ask the cleric of smofarf before we left.  I was wondering if he could contact the temple in Fiam and let them know we are coming.  Hopefully the cleric can help us with any politics that could come over us going in and possible fighting a demon in the temple of Lakius.

I also ask him to keep an eye on Manlow and the temple of Lakius here. 

I also discuss with Manlow and the Cleric of Lakius aboard our ship (name starts with a Z) if Z could stay and help the te ml pe in Port Springs recover and be more active in the community. If this is agreed upon then I ask the cleric of Smofarf to help facilitate that.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:13:06 AM »
You want him to contact the temple of Smofarf in Phiam?

He will make sure Manlow is looked after.

Zelek is disappointed, but agrees that it is a good idea.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »
Yes.  It is nice to have a contact in Phiam in case anything happens and there are investigations like there were here.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 11:32:44 AM »
I also contact the high cleric of Lakius to have him official put me on a mission to investigate and purge the temples of Lakius of any evil outsiders.  They when we do go into port we can let the authorities know of the churches mission.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 12:09:01 PM »
Yes.  It is nice to have a contact in Phiam in case anything happens and there are investigations like there were here.

"The temple is The Shipwright's Hall, and its devoted to crafting more than magic.  The cleric in charge there is Barrington Claywall.  I will send him and let him know you are coming."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 12:59:08 AM »
XP for whoever gives Master Po the recap.
After rescuing Manlow and filling in the constables, Sas managed to charm the dock warden and arrange a special meeting to discuss the details of the tentacle attack.  After our meeting, we set forth to meet with the high cleric of Smofarf.  He welcomed us and we filled him in on all that we experienced up to this point. 

He told us that Claude's wish was too broad a request and that it was possible the gods or some other power could've interfered somehow.  Due to the nature of the creation power involved with the wish, the cleric said he believed the imposter Claude's were likely temporary and possibly constructs of some sort.

As far as the tentacles are concerned, he told us there were attacks in the past that were linked to an extremist group know as The Day Turned Dark.  He said they were trying to bring powers from the lower planes to Habololy and were using ways to manipulate peoples memories.  The only reason he is able to retain any memories is because he reviews the files and studies the details of the DTD almost every day.  He's not sure we'll be able to retain the details of our conversation, but we made notes and sent some people to make sure we have things in motion in case we forget.  We made it a point to stop at all the major temples of Lakius and confront whatever evil might be there.  That's our next mission.

When back at the ship, we arranged to swap docks with another ship in order to be closer to the temple.  During night shift, Chase and the rest of the crew were surprised by an invisible Frost Giant that snuck onboard and demanded we give up the imposter Claude.  We tried to reason with him but were forced to confront him.  Chase stole his spells and reduced it to a meager Dwarf.  He fled to the sea and Sas chased him down.  Sas charmed him and brought him onboard.  When presented with the other fake Claude, the two started to go at it.  We separated them and threw them into different cells. 

That's where we left off.  We're on our way to Phiam to see the cleric of Lakius and purge any evil that may be there.  I believe the cleric of Smofarf mentioned that the cleric in Phiam was resurrected about six years ago, but there's no details on what happened other than a possible tentacle attack.  This info was only known because of the Cleric's daily review of DTD details.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 11:52:55 AM »
50xp for the recap.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 09:28:29 AM »
Rin posts a copy of my list of ships suspected of whaling on board.  Probably in the Mess.  I copy.. I have the original in my Trunk of Holding.  I offer a 20 gp reward for anyone who spots any of those ships.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 10:45:27 AM »
Rin posts a copy of my list of ships suspected of whaling on board.  Probably in the Mess.  I copy.. I have the original in my Trunk of Holding.  I offer a 20 gp reward for anyone who spots any of those ships.
Chase has a constant Detect Ship spell up, so he can detect any ship within a 12 mile radius and reveal details of the vessels.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »

There are four ships that operate out of Port Springs that are known to whale.  Only one of them is a dedicated whaler.  You hear through the rumor mill at port that they knew you were coming and got out of the city.  It is a Sledgehammer owned, human crewed vessel named named the Sea Spoils.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 02:46:27 PM »
Chase has a constant Detect Ship spell up, so he can detect any ship within a 12 mile radius and reveal details of the vessels.

Two of the other ships known to whale are at port.  Amare warns Rin that taking action against a ship at port would have negative consequences on the Guardian of the Tides.  Meaning, were you to attack a ship or crew safely at port in the city, the Guardian would likely be banned from coming to the city.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 11:10:39 PM »
The temple of Lakius in Port Phiam is called the Broken Wave and its cleric is an elderly horarian named Ebian.  He was known to be a watcher of the sea and military-minded individual.  Recently, he was seriously wounded in an attack on his temple and become more reclusive.