Author Topic: Send in the Claude's  (Read 7652 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Send in the Claude's
« on: November 09, 2018, 12:01:22 AM »
To start, a recap for Valdis will be worth xp, and here is xp for everyone:

Primary characters: 1000xp

Secondary characters: 100xp
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:12:38 AM by Asinjin »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: What was the great name for the thread Malchia had?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:01:35 AM »
What do you do with the gnome?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 12:05:13 AM »
It is the 11th day of the 7th month of 789.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »
It was "Send in the Claude's."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Send in the Claude's
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 12:49:22 AM »
To start, a recap for Valdis will be worth xp.
The crew went about their business over the six months we spent in Port Talp.  We spent money, spread the word of our legend through bardic tales, hired a new navigator and some additional crew including more Fey refugees (not the ex-cons), and prepared ourselves to take on the eel folk.

Before we set sail, we were visited by the Grand Marshall of Iott and her entourage.  She came on board and magically scanned our defenses.  She was utterly ravishing and thoroughly compelling.  The crew were on their best behavior.  Before she departed, she asked where we were going and invited several of the officers to meet with her after we returned.  She was particularly interested in Claude and his abilities.

We decided to set sail for Icefia after doing some research and concluding that it was the closest major port to the eel folk.  Once we landed in Icefia, some of the crew went exploring, others stayed back, and Claude, Chase, and Midyro went to the shrine of Tfop.  On our way back to the ship, we were accosted by an Ice Gnome claiming that one of us was an "imposter" and that he was going to snuff us out.  We tried talking, but Claude grew tired of discussion (after only one round thanks to his short attention span) and pulled a hand crossbow on him.  The Gnome pulled a sword and threatened us, but in a haphazard way.  He spoke odd and eventually declared himself to be the great "Rednamyerg Edualc."

We tried casting spells and shooting him with the crossbow, but his strength of will was too strong.  Fortunately, his tiny body and lack of actual skill proved easy to overcome and Claude simply used one of his potions to vanish us out and closer to the ship.  The Gnome approached our ship and made idle threats, so we sent the Rope Gollum down to pin and hog tie him.  We stopped with the crew staring at each other and shrugging our shoulders.

We quickly realized that this creature was one of many possible unfortunate side effects of Claude's wish to have "more of himself."  We stopped there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:52:18 AM by Malchia »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 09:29:55 AM »
Good work, 50xp

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 10:18:36 AM »
Rin looks sadly at the Gnome...  Looking back at Claude..

Any Ideas what we do with him?  I'm assuming he's a citizen of Icefea and protected here by their laws.  If we just leave, we might have issues if we ever need to come back to this country to dock, maybe even be accosted as we leave port by the military.  Does anyone else have thoughts?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 10:25:50 AM »
Rin looks sadly at the Gnome...  Looking back at Claude..

Any Ideas what we do with him?  I'm assuming he's a citizen of Icefea and protected here by their laws.  If we just leave, we might have issues if we ever need to come back to this country to dock, maybe even be accosted as we leave port by the military.  Does anyone else have thoughts?
I get the impression he's new to Icefia, and maybe even the world itself.  He may have winked into existence when Claude made his wish.  If not that, he may have been brought back from the dead or from another time.  He speaks in old Common and believes he's Claude with every fiber of his being.  If there's any way to reason with him and let him know what happened, we may be able to calm him down.  We definitely don't want a reputation for rabble rousing here in Icefia.  I suggest someone dispel or break enchantment on him just in case this is some sort of sorcery.  If not, and this is just how he is, we should probably disarm him and leave him in the brig until we figure out what to do with him. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 11:11:44 AM »
Amare says, "If we want to be the most cautious here, we should alert the constables immediately.  The downside I see there is that if we want information from him, we might be stuck here for a few days."

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
“I don’t know about you guys but i think that gnome looks ridiculous.  Vaguely familiar but off putting. I wonder what is wrong with him and why he attacked us.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 02:49:26 PM »
I'm sure if we talk to the constables, we'll have to wait around to answer questions as he has a wound in the head.  I guess we are in no rush, but time is money...

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »
I'm sure if we talk to the constables, we'll have to wait around to answer questions as he has a wound in the head.  I guess we are in no rush, but time is money...
We could easily heal that before going to the constables.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 05:36:13 PM »
“I was just using the darts to try and subdue him. No real damage. But i guess it’s a good thing he is fairly tough. That Royal Scar can leave a garish looking wound. “

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »
Amare says, We should heal him, but don't expect they won't be able to figure out he was wounded."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 09:18:10 PM »
Amare says, We should heal him, but don't expect they won't be able to figure out he was wounded."
I'm not suggesting we hide the fact that he was wounded; just a show of faith that we didn't intend to harm him.  It was self-defense.