Author Topic: The Newest Crew  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Newest Crew
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »
I'd rather not be known as a ship that employs criminals, but as always, it's up to all the officers and owners.

Rin eyes Chase.. Looking at the two criminals " How do I have proof that you have repented?  We are not a place to run form the law"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 07:19:43 PM »
I'd rather not be known as a ship that employs criminals, but as always, it's up to all the officers and owners.
Ssaskra agrees that we should not employ criminals. Ex-criminals, I think, are a different matter. As long as they are repentant and reformed, they deserve a second chance.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 08:10:27 PM »
Ssaskra agrees that we should not employ criminals. Ex-criminals, I think, are a different matter. As long as they are repentant and reformed, they deserve a second chance.
That's all well and good, but has it occurred to anyone that they only want to join our crew so they can case the ship?  If you haven't noticed, we have quite the reputation for wealth and, as a result, a giant bullseye on our ship.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 10:02:27 PM »

I agree but I think we can be more strict when interview them and maybe require zone of truth or something to be more sure.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 08:20:13 AM »
Veronika giggles as you guys discuss the newbs..

" mmm.. I guess a little familiar sin isn't so bad eh.."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »
When it becomes known that you need a new helmsman, you get a number of candidates that approach to apply.  As captain, Amare takes the lead on finding someone.  He spends a lot of time.  Ultimately, he brings information of the person he would like to hire.

"His name is Aaron.  He was helmsman on several ships and has been to sea for the better part of ten years.  When the war ended, he says that work dried up on corsair ships and elsewhere for someone that demands his price.."  Amare adds, "We are in a hirers' market."  Then continues, "He is a no nonsense sailor, a veteran, durable, and skilled at what he does.  I think there are better helmsmen, but he can be a leader and he takes orders well."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »
You learn that Drake is not his given name, but rather what common folk call him.  He is not trying to deceive, its just easier to pronounce.

He keeps to himself and stays below deck except when required to be on deck.  He looks forward to the darker days when the night shift will truly be the night shift.

His strength and balance are much higher than would be expected for his size and frame and that goes a ways to compensating for his lack of experience.  His listens well to the experienced sailors.  Although he does not make friends other than the fey, he causes no problems.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »
Simi with the four arms is more skittish and becomes somewhat of a jester after a week.  He is friendly, and tries a bit too hard, apologizes a bit too often, and is oft shooed away by the more serious crew.  His is put on the rigging team as his four arms allow him to do a few things that are impossible for others.

He is often caught doing odd things as he keeps forgetting that he is visible on the ship.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
He is often caught doing odd things as he keeps forgetting that he is visible on the ship.
What sort of "odd" things?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »
What sort of "odd" things?

Picking his nose, clipping is toe nails, practicing saying words in common.  All sorts of things everyone else would do in private.