Author Topic: Lots of Leads  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Lots of Leads
« on: June 09, 2017, 12:17:03 AM »
The last session ended on the 6th day of the 5th month of 788.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Lots of Leads
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 12:30:43 AM »
xp for whoever posts a summary of all that was learned for Gnickle.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »
Yikes.. ( don't have my notes at work, but)
  - found newspaper clippings of the arrest of a great tinker metallurgist during the fall of the Tinkocrocy.  He was being hidden by followers of Pofot.
  - There is a group that still is trying to being back Pofot. Lead by two in the city significant powers in the city.  They would be collecting artifacts from around that time.
  -  Able to tag 30 buildings in the city that existing in the time of the Tinkocracy ( as possible hiding places for the scroll we are searching for), We know the exTINKsion and other group would have actively destroyed scrolls as they found them.  So there is an assumption it's well hidden.
  - We tried to post bail for the assailant that was captured last session. Buy the time we got there, he has already posted bail
  - We found a do gooder group in the city run out of a little shrine of Tofop ( that's where our assailant above) was.
I know i missed stuff.. getting old

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:02:25 AM »
The twins learned about buildings that are still standing (in one form or another) from the time of Gnesserlessen's capture and execution.  That, coupled with the information gathered from the Machinehead allowed the group to focus their search down to 4 cantons.  The twins found 30 buildings within those 4 cantons that Gnesserlessen could have used to hide the scroll/blueprints in.  Remy researched a way to detect the scroll case using a 'Detect Minerals and Metals' spell.  Esme used her feminine wiles to get her hands on one of her customers wands.....(pun totally intended) to cast the spell to search for the lead scroll case.  The group selected 2 of the 15 buildings the twins had found so far, a former shrine to Arsenal, now a curio-type shop and a building that is now a Masons shop.  Ganshuk used the wand at the 2 locations and detected an amount of lead that we believe could be the scroll case at the curio-type shop.  He found nothing at the Masons shop.  We are now going to plan our surveillance strategy on the curio shop.  The shop contained only lesser clickers of little value or worth.  Remmy and some others think the shop is a front for something.  Isthvan tried to track the guy who was arrested after the assault on Gnickle.  That led him to the known hangout of quasi-vigilantes.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:26:16 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »
Speaking of surveillance, Tragorum can create an undetectable extra-dimensional space that lasts for 12 hours. he can make it big enough to hold 9 people comfortably.  Those inside can see out, but those outside can not see in (or even the entrance) and the entrance can be 'closed' so others can not get in.  It is basically the psionic version of Rope Trick called Psychoportive Shelter.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »
25xp to Zunder and Valdis for the recaps.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 09:32:51 AM »
Experience for last night, this is all for role playing and information gathering and deduction.

Schurke - 900

Profit - 250

Ganshuk - 1200

Istvan - 400

Vincent - 1300

Ayva - 750

Remy - 1000

Twins - 900 each

I understand that these totals may seem low, but there are double the amount of PCs as usual.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:34:09 AM »
Someone make note of the wand and how many charges are left (started with 24, used 2).

Twins, you are in charge of keeping the listing of buildings and which have been checked (although it may be moot at this point).  You may want to post the list at some point as I will be adding the ones you found later.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:12:23 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
Someone make note of the wand and how many charges are left (started with 24, used 2).

Twins, you are in charge of keeping the listing of buildings and which have been checked (although it may be mute at this point).  You may want to post the list at some point as I will be adding the ones you found later.

I will post them when I get my notes at home. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:12:30 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 10:13:31 AM »
I will post them when I get my notes at home.

In any effort to avoid confusion and duplication, I will wait on posting the rest of the locations until you post your list.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
Post any ideas you have on researching and inspecting the home / shop of Gneverever.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 10:45:59 AM »
Post any ideas you have on researching and inspecting the home / shop of Gneverever.
We'll need to tail him for a week or so to get an idea of his daily routine.  This will also allow us to see if anyone else is following him or tracking his activity. 

A week should also give us enough time to study what security measures he has in place and if we'll need to prepare any special items to get what we need.   

If we can pinpoint a specific time of the day/week when he's gone for a prolonged period of time, we can plan a break in.  Gansuk's alchemical buffet should provide us the means of entering.  The raiding party can use the twins' psionic shelter to watch him and make their move when the coast is clear.  Schurke and Profit can help sneak in to any small areas and disarm traps, and the rest of the party can provide muscle, distraction, and plant false evidence of a rival guild to set them up for the theft.     

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 11:02:46 AM »
Within a week, you should be able to accomplish that as well as have the twins finish the building flags and hopefully get some more information on Natsu.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:29 AM »
Here is a list of the other buildings the twins find:

- a dwarven residence that appears to be owned by the same family the entire time, it is large for a home in the city, but in below average condition

- a storage cellar that has stored a variety of different items and had many owners

- the tallest of the buildings, its original purpose is unknown but it now serves as a lookout tower for the harbor and the city.  It is about sixty feet tall.  It has been fixed up numerous times, but its basic construction is old

- two market shops, which are open air and nothing is left in them each night since there is no way to secure things inside

- a building which looks like a residence, but no one lives there currently or on record for decades.  Unlike most old buildings, it does not stand out as off center or not aligned with new construction

- two gardens, which had sheds and stones walls around them.  One is currently overgrown and not in use.

- a building currently being used as a school for the poor, its original use is unknown

- two buildings whose original use is unknown and are held by private owners.  They are not open to the public and their appearance leads you to believe they were either the homes of the wealthy of some sort of small inn.

- there is a low class bar in a building that was once a nice bar

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »
- a building currently being used as a school for the poor, its original use is unknown
I thought this city was fabulously wealthy.  I didn't realize there were any "poor" people living here.