Author Topic: 50 Shades of Esme Go to the Gala Event  (Read 7647 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: 50 Shades of Esme Go to the Gala Event
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 10:33:06 AM »
You notice that Esme is dressed in a style of dress that is not familiar to you but that you later come to realize is an Iottian style.  She appears to be mingling a lot and not on the arm of one individual.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »
It appears as if the most notable characters of ill repute have not come to the Gala.  While you would not expect to see an assassin (not in disguise), or Hazard the great Gatori, or Bloke the gladiator; you also note the there are no open members of Laronoir including its leader Vorture.

You do see Gnorquin, who you know is the most notable smuggler of illegal clickers.  Although this is well known, he is not currently wanted for any crime.  You (as a guild) believe that the tech powers that be often turn a blind eye to his activities.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »
Beverly Dealia the planar channeler is here.

Gerald Lashely, captain of the Epuleers is here.

All of the Kormiere family is here.

Senoset al’Simosen el’Atina the elven crafter of glass of all sorts is here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 11:42:09 AM »
Two individuals that are here that you have never encountered and for those of you with good knowledge of the city, are surprising in their attendance.

One is Kelver Mountainmagic, the reclusive high cleric of Smofarf in Port Talp.  He is an old dwarf, over 300, who has lived in the city since before the War of Technology.  His masonry skills are second to none and he is believed to be related to almost every dwarf in the city.  He does not move from his table, which is close to the dwarven princess' entourage.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »
The other is Odetta Bevellace, a human woman and devotee of Dresta.  She is the head cleric of the shrine to Dresta, located in Maur canton.  Known to be disliked and sometimes hated by numerous groups on all sides in Port Talp, she has been nearly killed a dozen times in the last two decades.  She is middle aged and while she may have once been a beauty and dresses finely, she shows the wear and scars of her hard life.  Notably, a torn ear and a cleft lip.  She is left to mostly sit alone.  Lyla does visit her at some point.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 10:49:57 PM »
He is a dwarven deity of magical dominance and arcane warfare that has been around for about one hundred years.  He is known to all arcane circles, although his faith is limited and watched carefully.

To the collector, he is a rival, a dangerous one.
With a deep bow and over-the-top flourish that's accompanied by sparkly lights: "Good evening, Captain! I am Natsu Wondermaker, High Cleric of the Great and Powerful Collector, and proprietor of the Emporium here in Port Talp. I am honored to meet a fellow cleric of an ascending deity. If you have time, I would love to discuss your experiences contributing to your patron's ascension. The Collector is just starting His journey, and I could certainly use some advice from someone who has been working for decades to promote his patron to the Counsel."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:11:01 PM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »
"I have heard that he considers every magical item his to collect as he sees fit.  Is this true?"
"Figuratively, I believe. The faith aspires to give the Collector dominion over the use of all magic items, so that every time a magic ring is donned or a wand discharged, a prayer offered to His greatness."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 09:41:01 AM »
With a deep bow and over-the-top flourish that's accompanied by sparkly lights: "Good evening, Captain! I am Natsu Wondermaker, High Cleric of the Great and Powerful Collector, and proprietor of the Emporium here in Port Talp. I am honored to meet a fellow cleric of an ascending deity. If you have time, I would love to discuss your experiences contributing to your patron's ascension. The Collector is just starting His journey, and I could certainly use some advice from someone who has been working for decades to promote his patron to the Counsel."

He is less flourishy.  "I would agree to such a discussion.  Before I leave the city, we will talk.  Where should I go to call upon you?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 09:49:51 AM »
"Figuratively, I believe. The faith aspires to give the Collector dominion over the use of all magic items, so that every time a magic ring is donned or a wand discharged, a prayer offered to His greatness."

"That would impose upon Smofarf.  A dangerous move against the creator of magic on Habololy."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »
He is less flourishy.  "I would agree to such a discussion.  Before I leave the city, we will talk.  Where should I go to call upon you?"
The Collector's shrine and the Emporium are located in Five Points. You may stop by at anytime, or send a messenger if you wish to meet on neutral ground.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 09:54:05 PM »
The Collector's shrine and the Emporium are located in Five Points. You may stop by at anytime, or send a messenger if you wish to meet on neutral ground.

"As long as your shrine is not heavily fortified against other clerics, that will be acceptable."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
"That would impose upon Smofarf.  A dangerous move against the creator of magic on Habololy."
The Collector honors Smofarf as the Father of magic here on Habololy. There is no dispute there. However, magic items do not play a prominent role in Smofarf's portfolio. His clergy's lack of focus on it has caused the field to be stagnant for centuries. There is no innovation in their creation. Magic items are only affordable by the wealthy. That is a travesty. That is what the Collector seeks to fix. Creative methods of crafting to make items more affordable so that everyone can live better through magic."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 10:31:35 PM »
"As long as your shrine is not heavily fortified against other clerics, that will be acceptable."
The Emporium is open to all, and it's enchantments in the public areas do not inhibit friendly visitors.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 10:32:31 PM »
The Collector honors Smofarf as the Father of magic here on Habololy. There is no dispute there. However, magic items do not play a prominent role in Smofarf's portfolio. His clergy's lack of focus on it has caused the field to be stagnant for centuries. There is no innovation in their creation. Magic items are only affordable by the wealthy. That is a travesty. That is what the Collector seeks to fix. Creative methods of crafting to make items more affordable so that everyone can live better through magic."

"Interesting.  I agree with you on the stagnation.  It is a problem I have remedied in my tenure as Marshall and a problem that Great Kallark does not have.  You are mistaken on the travesty of affordability.  It is right and just that those of nobility and prominence posses the abundance of magic and items.  Chaos would ensue otherwise, and has ensued since it has gone left unchecked."  The weight of her words and tone of her voice are as impactful as hammer blows on your psyche.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
"Interesting.  I agree with you on the stagnation.  It is a problem I have remedied in my tenure as Marshall and a problem that Great Kallark does not have.  You are mistaken on the travesty of affordability.  It is right and just that those of nobility and prominence posses the abundance of magic and items.  Chaos would ensue otherwise, and has ensued since it has gone left unchecked."  The weight of her words and tone of her voice are as impactful as hammer blows on your psyche.
You speak true. I did not mean that every barmaid should be armed with a necklace of fireballs. That would be chaos. But there are simple magics that would improve life for many. No family should suffer the harsh cold of an Icefian winter when a statue of elemental endurance can be made to keep them all warm. Food can be made to last longer. Homes built faster and stronger. City guards made more skilled to keep the streets safe from criminals. Don't the people of Habololy deserve that?

And more importantly, finding new methods of fabricating more affordable items makes them more affordable for everyone. So even the wealthy can have more. For instance, I am in the process of making the most wonderfully ridiculous and expensive suit of armor for that strikingly handsome drow over there for 60% of the price that others may have charged for it. So he commissioned additional items with the money he saved. He wins because he is better equipped, and I win because it made me a heap of gold coins. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:10:20 PM by Hero »