Author Topic: Prisoners in a Palace  (Read 11808 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Prisoners in a Palace
« on: September 27, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »
Haskra flys above you as you walk back to the temple of Tfop. Ari feels better as soon as he exits, the claustrophobic effect on your senses relieved.

Allanda seems to get stronger as you walk. Parker has a slightly euphoric feeling in her company.

About half way to the temple she stops and squints against the sky. "Marius' spies are watching us."  She points to black specks over a mile away, most likely ravens.

Upon arriving the clerics pay you no mind as they have become accustomed to Ari's coming and going. You enter the room Ari has been using as an office and find Ullik dozing, and snoring, in an overstuffed chair. Allanda smiles for the first time and moves to shake him but thinks better of it. "I suppose I might startle him to death.  I will take the Captain into another room to see if I can revive her. Haskra would you send to Escalon and Lord Metakae. They need not come, though I am sure they will, but I don't want them searching for me unnecessarily."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:22:57 PM by whitesword »

Online Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Prisoners in a Palace
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 11:38:49 PM »
As we enter Ari's office, Rubius approaches Melodi.  "Lady Allanda, is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?  I'd be happy to gather some clerics to examine you or perhaps I could prepare a meal?  When is the last time you had a proper Halfling feast with all the trimmings?  Surely, there must be some way I could help?"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:05:04 AM »
Parker has a slightly euphoric feeling in her company.
There is nothing slight about it. 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »
Sha'Ar  stands guard around Melody as she seems the most needy.  If she's dismissed I report back to the Office, and I return to my forge.  I need to make a backup weapon.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 12:46:21 PM »
On the walk back to the Ari appears to be very excited and in even more of a good mood than normal. "That was fine work back there, Team. I think we meshed together really well. No way Marius expected us to deal with that hell-spawned monstrosity so easily. What a day! We eradicated a powerful demon from the face of Habololy, liberated a Captain of the Knights of the White Sword, and recovered an imprisoned deity. Lunch is on me! So when do you guys want to go back and finish cleaning out the Palace? We need to go back to recover those fallen constables."

About half way to the temple she stops and squints against the sky. "Marius' spies are watching us."  She points to black specks over a mile away, most likely ravens.
I give them the finger for a few blocks. Or until my arm gets tired. Whichever happens first.

You enter the room Ari has been using as an office and find Ullik dozing, and snoring, in an overstuffed chair. Allanda smiles for the first time and moves to shake him but thinks better of it. "I suppose I might startle him to death."
An overly excited Ari wakes up Ullik once Melodi leaves the room and immediately gives him a very energetic recap of the day's events.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 12:52:31 PM »
On the walk back to the Ari appears to be very excited and in even more of a good mood than normal. "That was fine work back there, Team. I think we meshed together really well. No way Marius expected us to deal with that hell-spawned monstrosity so easily. What a day! We eradicated a powerful demon from the face of Habololy, liberated a Captain of the Knights of the White Sword, and recovered an imprisoned deity. Lunch is on me! So when do you guys want to go back and finish cleaning out the Palace? We need to go back to recover those fallen constables."

Okay Elan....er Ari.

Kerkly says, "It appears as if our first mission was a great success.  It bodes well for our future ones."

Benlin, when he has calmed down, smiles and nods in agreement.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 03:50:50 PM »
Okay Elan....er Ari.

Kerkly says, "It appears as if our first mission was a great success.  It bodes well for our future ones."

Benlin, when he has calmed down, smiles and nods in agreement.

Sha'Ar writes in her journal:

"I was worried Lord Arimishoto was a typical diplomat,  Thank Stasis he's a man of action, this won't be as boring as I feared. Typical man though, the Lord Governor insists on putting himself in danger again and again.  Actually, no, not just in Danger, right in front right next to big horrible nightmares.  Crystalline covered Demons and this is just my first month here!  Doesn't he have any concern about the kingdom and that he is needed!.  As far as I can tell he is a good man.  If he dies someone else will be put in charge and things will quickly get out of hand.  While he is fantastically capable he suffers from Paladinitis, lets hope he lasts longer.  It's good they have sent me to protect him, maybe we'll be able to set thing right for awhile.  A strong protectorate is good for Laredia.  His company is loyal, but strange. One of the Halflings is always offering food.  People starve in the streets around him and he's flaunting his stash.  Oh.. and that Badger smalls like a pig pen.  Wonder if he ever baths.  I have to steel myself every time he comes near.  No-one else dare complain.  Or maybe it's just that they don't smell much better.  At the very least I'm not pushing as much paper as I was as diplomats guard."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »
Parker is puled out of his euphoria at the mention of going back into the mansion.  "Absolutely.  We need to get back in there as soon as we can.  Once we make sure Lady Melodi is in good hands I can start making preparations.  Now that we know a bit more about the place we can plan accordingly.  Who do we know from the temple of Celetal that we can trust?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
Kerkly says, "What is still in the mansion?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 06:53:32 PM »
"There is still that big gem we saw in the room past all of the bugs.  And there is no telling what else may be in there.  We've shown that we can handle whatever t's former occupant has waiting, which means that there may be things in there of significant value.  Both tactical, and otherwise."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »
As we enter Ari's office, Rubius approaches Melodi.  "Lady Allanda, is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?  I'd be happy to gather some clerics to examine you or perhaps I could prepare a meal?  When is the last time you had a proper Halfling feast with all the trimmings?  Surely, there must be some way I could help?"

"No thank you master Rubius. I will see to the Captain and then converse with Lord Ari. I will need to be brought up to date I think about what has happened these last ten months. Hopefully Professor Hargrove can show me the most important events without taking too long."

Russel shuffles his feet uncomfortably.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 08:33:11 PM »
Kerkly says, "What is still in the mansion?"
The bodies of the constables that I sent to their deaths. And those of the scaled elves. And I need to make sure there are no other threats lurking in the shadows there that could endanger the citizens of Portet.

And Parker, I'm sure I don't need to remind you that you are here as an agent of the Crown, and that looting an abandoned building is not behavior that the Kingdom will tolerate.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 08:40:04 PM »
Sha'Ar  stands guard around Melody as she seems the most needy.  If she's dismissed I report back to the Office, and I return to my forge.  I need to make a backup weapon.

She says: "That's not necessary at all Lady Sha'Ar. I am getting stronger by the minute. We have nothing to fear here."

When you turn to leave she says: "Wait until our conversations are ended, there may be much to report to your commanders."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 08:44:13 PM »

I give them the finger for a few blocks. Or until my arm gets tired. Whichever happens first.

This earns you a Tsk Tsk from Allanda

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »
An overly excited Ari wakes up Ullik once Melodi leaves the room and immediately gives him a very energetic recap of the day's events.

Ullik starts awake, blinks a few times, inspects his clothes and beard and levers himself out of the chair. Muttering to himself "Where is that blasted Sending scroll."

He wobbles into the room with the unconscious Captain. "Blessed lady, I am so relieved you are well. We must see you to the College or the Vale as soon as possible!"

She gives him a warm hug in reply. "I am glad to see you out of the Vale my old friend. There is no urgency now. Lord Ari and his allies are sufficient to protect us here."