Author Topic: Just one last thing . . .  (Read 23100 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Just one last thing . . .
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2020, 08:24:14 PM »
Each Windstorm is 6,000,000 square feet.  (3.14 x 1400 x 1400).  That should get everyone.

They are not waiting out being caught in hurricane winds for three hours, they are dying.

To be clear, I am not trying to block their path, I cast it on them.

I’m confused by the size (though that’s not really important) and why it’s killing them?

Online Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2020, 09:20:21 PM »
Inside, battle against the barbarians becomes vicious street by street, house by house fighting that slows after dark. Queen Irene and her house guard were found safe with the children of the city inside the temple of Stasis.
Ari helps track down and route out the barbarian invaders. Can use detect evil radar, mundane tracking, and tracking by lingering evil auras to locate them. Focusing on the most dangerous first (highest power determined by detect evil or largest groups)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 06:47:58 AM by Hero »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2020, 11:49:10 PM »
All I can do is shoot arrows, feed people, and silently judge Parker...
Silently?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2020, 10:12:13 AM »
I’m confused by the size (though that’s not really important) and why it’s killing them?

The winds are not a tornado, even though they are that strength.  But here is what happens to creatures in a Hurricane force wind, as per the d20 wind rules:

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/weather.htm

Medium or smaller (so nearly all) make a DC20 Fort save (could argue DC30 because of wind strength even though not swirling) Blown Away: Creatures on the ground are knocked prone and rolled 1d4×10 feet, taking 1d4 points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet.

That is where the damage comes from.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2020, 10:17:39 AM »
If they do retreat into the maw, we can cast a blizzard over it, which will cover a 1800 foot radius with 18 feet of snow.  There are lots of rules for that, but the snow doesn't disappear, they might take non lethal cold damage, and it will take them forever to dig out.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2020, 02:08:42 PM »
Ari helps track down and route out the barbarian invaders. Can use detect evil radar, mundane tracking, and tracking by lingering evil auras to locate them. Focusing on the most dangerous first (highest power determined by detect evil or largest groups)

Ari spends the rest of the afternoon on this.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
If they do retreat into the maw, we can cast a blizzard over it, which will cover a 1800 foot radius with 18 feet of snow.  There are lots of rules for that, but the snow doesn't disappear, they might take non lethal cold damage, and it will take them forever to dig out.

Those that make it to the maw you dump the blizzard on. Michael says “In the morning I will pray for two Earthquakes. That should trap them if not wipe most of them out. We’ll need Lord Colrain and the Order of the Sunlight Below to make sure.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »
So back to the conversation around the fire . . .

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2020, 09:56:49 PM »
Benlin does not listen much and is withdrawn after the battle.  Without Kerkly there and now that the adrenalin of battle has worn off, he is sad and a but scared.  He finds a place to rest and sleeps, likely casting a spell on himself to do so.

Asinjin, coughing terribly from the exertion of the day, weary and seemingly cold despite the magic to keep him comfortable, asks again, "Do we need to travel there tonight, or do we rest first?"  Also, having heard of the trouble in Portet, he thinks to Rubius and Ari, "We need a slayer."

Kerkly travels tirelessly (Unfailing Endurance) towards the closest border town, having little idea of when he will arrive but still in communication telepathically (18 hours).  He is the most optimistic, recounting that when the day is remember, it will be a victory for the forces of good at Degalas.

Online Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2020, 11:26:56 PM »
Benlin does not listen much and is withdrawn after the battle.  Without Kerkly there and now that the adrenalin of battle has worn off, he is sad and a but scared.  He finds a place to rest and sleeps, likely casting a spell on himself to do so.
Sensing his distress, Astrek flops down heavily next to Benlin with an exaggerated sigh in a crude attempt at a comforting gesture.

Asinjin, coughing terribly from the exertion of the day, weary and seemingly cold despite the magic to keep him comfortable, asks again, "Do we need to travel there tonight, or do we rest first?"  Also, having heard of the trouble in Portet, he thinks to Rubius and Ari, "We need a slayer."
I am eager to leave now, but we would do little good as reinforcements if we show up wounded and depleted. Our spellcasters need rest. We need to recover Shaar and Kerkly. And we need to connect with our allies in Portet.

Navi is out of teleports. Can someone give me a ride to a few miles outside of Portet? I can go on ahead and scout out the situation before we go charging in.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2020, 09:46:09 PM »
Sensing his distress, Astrek flops down heavily next to Benlin with an exaggerated sigh in a crude attempt at a comforting gesture.
I am eager to leave now, but we would do little good as reinforcements if we show up wounded and depleted. Our spellcasters need rest. We need to recover Shaar and Kerkly. And we need to connect with our allies in Portet.

Navi is out of teleports. Can someone give me a ride to a few miles outside of Portet? I can go on ahead and scout out the situation before we go charging in.

Ideally if you can at a minimum address getting Shaar and maybe Kerkley back that would be ideal.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2020, 09:51:47 PM »
Ideally if you can at a minimum address getting Shaar and maybe Kerkley back that would be ideal.
Can one of the high level clerics pray for a Miracle to bring them back to us?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2020, 11:10:21 PM »

Kerkly is the one with the spells to do that, and he can't from the outlands.

Asinjin could do it the next day, but just Shaar and at the cost of powerful spells that are probably more needed for the battle.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2020, 11:59:06 PM »
Kerkly is the one with the spells to do that, and he can't from the outlands.

Asinjin could do it the next day, but just Shaar and at the cost of powerful spells that are probably more needed for the battle.
But having Shaar is more useful than many powerful spells.  We may have no choice but to wait until morning when you recover your strength and spells.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2020, 12:25:56 AM »
Can one of the high level clerics pray for a Miracle to bring them back to us?

Michael says: “In the morning we can send Gales to retrieve Shaar, if Solaris allows it of course.  I will contact Lady Electra, Stasis’ ankalent, to search for Kerkley, though it will likely take her at least a day or two to return him to us.”