Author Topic: Just one last thing . . .  (Read 21122 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Just one last thing . . .
« on: November 24, 2020, 04:58:12 PM »
Good timing to have two weeks off as there’s much to be done.

What do you do to assist in the imminent clash of armies?
What efforts do you make to rescue/retrieve those pulled into the astral vortex?

And after that what’s next?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Just one last thing . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »
Kerkly is still in the interplanar telepathic bond, so he relays that he is relatively safe in the outlands and he can make his way back.  He relays that he doesn't know where the others went.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:05:35 PM »
Asinjin and Benlin will continue their efforts to defeat the barbarian horde.

So I am clear, you said there were more holes in the anti magic in the barbarian horde than the wugs?

There are also clearly leaders in that group, the hunters in the middle?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »
Solaris Tries to rally the troops in all the chaos.  He cast divine insight on himself and ask a bard to cast the spell that projects his voice. Hopefully there is a least 1 bard in the area that can cast that spell.  If that spell is the cast he makes a diplomacy check to make the people fanatical see below.  My check with the current spells on me is a +49 (Eagles Splendor, Divine insight and good hope, is there anything I am missing). 

Friendly DC 60   
Helpful DC 50

This means I automatically make anyone that is already helpful into a fanatic and 50/50 shot of making anyone friendly or higher into a fanatic follower.  Let me know if I missed any other bonuses that add to skill check.  Whitesword feel free to roll my check for others.

The attitude of fanatic is added here. In addition to the obvious effects, any NPC whose attitude is fanatic gains a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution scores, a +1 morale bonus on Will saves, and a -1 penalty to AC whenever fighting for the character or his or her cause. This attitude will remain for one day plus one day per point of the character’s Charisma bonus, at which point the NPC’s attitude will revert to its original attitude (or indifferent, if no attitude is specified). 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 05:45:12 PM »
Just a note that the Ecstasy spell I cast causes a -4 penalty to all skill checks.  Also remember spellcasting while influenced requires a DC 15 Concentration check.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 10:29:40 PM »
Parker and Martine are not on Ysgard, but the scene is the same.

Navi is on a bleak featureless plain. There are uncountable beings milling about and in the distance there is a city so massive it’s walls would encompass all the cities of Habololy combined together. Before it’s iron walls fiends are herding the beings. Navi’s presence causes an immediate reaction and fiends begin heading in her direction.

Shaar finds herself in a scene almost identical to the one she left. She too is on a plain but the ground appears made of metal. There is a massive battle raging around her. The combatants are all humanoids, mostly goblins and orcs. The sky is a dull red.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 10:30:46 PM »
Kerkly is still in the interplanar telepathic bond, so he relays that he is relatively safe in the outlands and he can make his way back.  He relays that he doesn't know where the others went.

Kerkley knows he is near the ring as the spire is so distant.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 10:32:12 PM »
Solaris Tries to rally the troops in all the chaos.  He cast divine insight on himself and ask a bard to cast the spell that projects his voice. Hopefully there is a least 1 bard in the area that can cast that spell.  If that spell is the cast he makes a diplomacy check to make the people fanatical see below.  My check with the current spells on me is a +49 (Eagles Splendor, Divine insight and good hope, is there anything I am missing). 

Friendly DC 60   
Helpful DC 50

This means I automatically make anyone that is already helpful into a fanatic and 50/50 shot of making anyone friendly or higher into a fanatic follower.  Let me know if I missed any other bonuses that add to skill check.  Whitesword feel free to roll my check for others.

The attitude of fanatic is added here. In addition to the obvious effects, any NPC whose attitude is fanatic gains a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution scores, a +1 morale bonus on Will saves, and a -1 penalty to AC whenever fighting for the character or his or her cause. This attitude will remain for one day plus one day per point of the character’s Charisma bonus, at which point the NPC’s attitude will revert to its original attitude (or indifferent, if no attitude is specified).

The herald of the legion behind the one where Belarek landed rushes forward and casts the spell. (Takes 4 rounds to get there and cast)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 11:30:08 PM »

Navi is on a bleak featureless plain. There are uncountable beings milling about and in the distance there is a city so massive it’s walls would encompass all the cities of Habololy combined together. Before it’s iron walls fiends are herding the beings. Navi’s presence causes an immediate reaction and fiends begin heading in her direction.

Shaar finds herself in a scene almost identical to the one she left. She too is on a plain but the ground appears made of metal. There is a massive battle raging around her. The combatants are all humanoids, mostly goblins and orcs. The sky is a dull red.

None of them are in the telepathic link.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 11:30:59 PM »
Kerkley knows he is near the ring as the spire is so distant.

He starts moving, knowing that he will not get back before the battle has long passed.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 09:18:19 AM »

Parker will try to ascertain where in the multiverse they are.  He will ask Martine if he has any way to contact those we left behind.  He will also ask Martine to give him a 'broad strokes' overview of his abilities, because he really wasn't paying attention during the battle. (can he cast spells? competent fighter? is he rougeish? does he have a little Bard in him? etc...)

Then Parker will try to find the quickest way back.  He currently has a +25 Gather Information check

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 09:49:10 AM »
Parker will try to ascertain where in the multiverse they are.  He will ask Martine if he has any way to contact those we left behind.  He will also ask Martine to give him a 'broad strokes' overview of his abilities, because he really wasn't paying attention during the battle. (can he cast spells? competent fighter? is he rougeish? does he have a little Bard in him? etc...)

Then Parker will try to find the quickest way back.  He currently has a +25 Gather Information check

(Parker, as an Icefian, knows that Martine is one of the greatest swordsmen to ever live. He is the reigning Suian champion and champion of the kingdom. He’s one of the most famous people in the world).

Martine says: “I have almost no experience with the outer planes. Far more likely that you can figure this out than I. I’ll worry about keeping us alive if need be. Why don’t we ask these women where we are?”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 09:50:35 AM »
He starts moving, knowing that he will not get back before the battle has long passed.

With the spire as your north, which way do you head?  Keep in mind there’s no way to orient yourself so the spire could be any direction from you.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 10:26:07 AM »
With the spire as your north, which way do you head?  Keep in mind there’s no way to orient yourself so the spire could be any direction from you.

Towards the spire.  Kerkly would know, but I am pretty sure I can't plane shift out of here.  I have a planar key, so I can get all my spells.  Can I use Sending?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 10:57:42 AM »
(Parker, as an Icefian, knows that Martine is one of the greatest swordsmen to ever live. He is the reigning Suian champion and champion of the kingdom. He’s one of the most famous people in the world).

Martine says: “I have almost no experience with the outer planes. Far more likely that you can figure this out than I. I’ll worry about keeping us alive if need be. Why don’t we ask these women where we are?”

"Oh, yes, of course."

Parker will close the distance to the two women (about 30ft away), empty hands held out to the sides showing he means no harm/he is no threat.  When he gets close enough he will call out:

"Well met, we are travelers and have met with a bit of misfortune.  Would you be so kind as to tell us which planer domain this is?"