Author Topic: All That and A Bag of Nuts  (Read 10300 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: All That and A Bag of Nuts
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »
After listening to Breach and Cyrus verbally sparing, he speaks up.

‘How’, gesturing to the strange symbol, ‘do we even know this is the symbol of a new god?  For all we know that Zerkis creature was building a shrine for one of its more powerful kind. For all we know, it is just a really big coincidence that we discovered Zerkis creature and that this falling star happened where we could see it. I mean, the symbol could say ‘outhouse’ in lizard creature language.’

‘What I do know for certain is that all this speculation is eroding the peace of our group. We work well together. We all have our own paths to walk but I do not think our purposes are at odds. Cyrus, you think there is something to these symbols, we may be able to get more information in a more populated town. Breach, you want to track Blue Jerkey and introduce him to your god personally. None of us are trackers. Maybe you can find one in a more populated town. Oz and Aker, the two of you are on a pilgrimage. You can find better direction and possibly transportation in a town with a larger population. Tay, I’m not really sure what your objective is, but I pledged to go with you and I will continue to do so until you no longer need me.  A more populated town is as good a place to go next I suppose.  I see a common goal in all of our paths.’

(Diplomacy: d20+0 = 12+0 = 12)

Celetal teaches: What we perceive as coincidence is most often like a spider’s web viewed along its edge.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:38:36 AM by whitesword »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2021, 09:31:39 AM »
Celetal teaches: What we perceive as coincidence is most often a spider’s web viewed along its edge.

Haarl says people say shit like this to sound smart.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2021, 10:11:00 AM »
Celetal teaches: What we perceive as coincidence is most often a spider’s web viewed along its edge.

Iwakasi shrugs. ‘Sometimes a spiderweb is just a spiderweb.’

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »
Haarl says people say shit like this to sound smart.
Oz tries to stifle a chuckle and hide his smirk...

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2021, 01:26:54 PM »
After listening to Breach and Cyrus verbally sparing, he speaks up.

‘How’, gesturing to the strange symbol, ‘do we even know this is the symbol of a new god?  For all we know that Zerkis creature was building a shrine for one of its more powerful kind. For all we know, it is just a really big coincidence that we discovered Zerkis creature and that this falling star happened where we could see it. I mean, the symbol could say ‘outhouse’ in lizard creature language.’

‘What I do know for certain is that all this speculation is eroding the peace of our group. We work well together. We all have our own paths to walk but I do not think our purposes are at odds. Cyrus, you think there is something to these symbols, we may be able to get more information in a more populated town. Breach, you want to track Blue Jerkey and introduce him to your god personally. None of us are trackers. Maybe you can find one in a more populated town. Oz and Aker, the two of you are on a pilgrimage. You can find better direction and possibly transportation in a town with a larger population. Tay, I’m not really sure what your objective is, but I pledged to go with you and I will continue to do so until you no longer need me.  A more populated town is as good a place to go next I suppose.  I see a common goal in all of our paths.’

(Diplomacy: d20+0 = 12+0 = 12)

Thank you for getting me away from the pirates that is all I wanted.  Now I am free to choose a path without the worry of being enslaved again.  I have been enslaved for the last 1/2 of my life and before that I was just a small child.  The world is new to me and my only purpose right now is to enjoy my freedom.  I will wait until you all decide where you are going and the see where I would be better suited to go.  I would like to help Oz and Akra with their pilgrimage since they helped rescuing me from the pirates but also I am interested in defeated Blue so he can not enslave anyone else.  I am also interested in learning more of Celetal so I can better control my abilities.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »
Back from vacation and getting the ball back in play.

- You will have been at the village for a month and a half.

- The shrine is rebuilt and they are waiting on a Mother to come and consecrate it.

- Breach has declared he wants to track down Zersisk.

- Cyrus declared that he wants to take the information to the Iron Tower or his home.

- Warren decides he will stay in the village.

- Ohen, after the revelation decides that he wants to remain on this main island.  He does not foresee any other reason to stay in the village and he finds most of you friendly enough, so he will go with whoever stays on the main island.

- Kes is leaning towards going with Breach, but is still undecided.

- You learn that the port city nearest cannot quickly be reached over land, but the village in thanks will send two guides with you through the mountains to reach it.

- You have to decide who is taking all the jade.

- For those on pilgrimage, the villagers indicate that the large temples and holy places are to the north and east, towards the center of the mainland.  Note that the port city is south and east.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2021, 11:43:43 AM »
With individual bonus xp to come, to start, everyone gets 650xp.

Did I send out the individual awards?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2021, 11:48:02 AM »
Did I send out the individual awards?
The last bonus XP I have on record was 6/3, so I don't think anything was sent out after the 6/9 session, assuming you planned on rewarding any for that session.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2021, 03:56:40 PM »
The last bonus XP I have on record was 6/3, so I don't think anything was sent out after the 6/9 session, assuming you planned on rewarding any for that session.

There is a post on June 10th of this thread with xp, but I will also send out personal xp soon.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2021, 06:58:04 PM »
The village begins to prepare for the arrive of the Mother, and the elder gives strict instructions on how everyone is required to behave.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2021, 10:18:15 PM »
The village begins to prepare for the arrive of the Mother, and the elder gives strict instructions on how everyone is required to behave.

Cyrus does not remain in the village for the ceremony (after being told how he must behave).

He goes to the beach and continues his meditations.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »
My hope is to detail the visit by the mother and then everyone can decide which character is going which way.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2021, 05:47:06 PM »
The village goes to great lengths to prepare for the arrival of the Mother.  They say it has been nearly a year since a visit, and that's a bit longer than normal, due to the Blue Beast's presence.

Everything is cleaned and children are run through the proper etiquette of the visit.  They say she will arrive with a retinue of around twenty, coming by foot and pack animal.  She will stay for eight days, considered a lucky number of days for a visit.

There are many hours spent fishing the few days before, as they look to have fine foods ready.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2021, 05:53:37 PM »
Cyrus has indicated that he is going to avoid the Mother for the time she is there.  Does anyone else have any overarching plans for that time?

Such as: stay out of the way but remain in the village; stay out of the village; confront her; pay homage and learn from her; other...

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2021, 07:54:01 PM »
Cyrus has indicated that he is going to avoid the Mother for the time she is there.  Does anyone else have any overarching plans for that time?

Such as: stay out of the way but remain in the village; stay out of the village; confront her; pay homage and learn from her; other...
Ozmodius will stay and help prepare for her arrival. Once she arrives, he'll learn what he can and assist her in any way possible.