House Rules > Language Spells

Tongues

(1/3) > >>

Asinjin:
According to the spell, the recipient can speak one language at a time of his choice.  He is not understood by everyone whenever he speaks.  He does understand all languages spoken to him.

Thoughts?

Malchia:

--- Quote from: Asinjin on October 29, 2016, 10:19:09 PM ---According to the spell, the recipient can speak one language at a time of his choice.  He is not understood by everyone whenever he speaks.  He does understand all languages spoken to him.

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---
I think whoever has this spell cast on them can choose whatever language they want to speak.  So, in the case where Ajax wanted to speak Dwarven, he would be able to.

Hero:
I agree.

Asinjin:
That is how I read it.  The difference is, I believe in the past we have played that when the character that has it cast on them speaks, everyone can understand him regardless of what language they understand.

Asinjin:
Reviewing all of the house rules with our negative level discussion.  I am locking the ones that we appear to have concluded.

Did we all agree that the Tongues only allows one spoken language at a time as per the rules?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version