Icefian Campaign > Reluctant Heroes

The Horse and his Orc

(1/20) > >>

whitesword:
Just 300 Xp to get the ball rolling.

Things to do 1) Actually be ready to go at the start of next session
                     2) Ask questions to Brightsoul
                     3) Find out about the sword

If you choose to ask any other questions and or do anything that relates to the Dinner or Funeral please use the Dark Summer thread.   Anything that you do, talk about etc. from this point on goes here.

Asinjin:
I cast Legend Lore, review the spell and let me know what I get.

Malchia:
I continue to feed Brightsoul carrots, apples, sugar cubes, oats, and whatever else he may need.  "Brightsoul, are you able to feel Ajax's presence or has your bond to him been cut off?  If you can, is he badly harmed?  Also, would you be able to describe your covert mission objectives?  I do not wish to put you in jeopardy if that information is too delicate, so don't feel obligated to share, but I would like to help in any way I can.  Before you were assaulted, do you recall hearing or seeing anything regarding Leon or the two keyblades that unlock the Gemblade?  Did your assailants mention the name "Battle" or refer to the Gemblade by name?  Once you recover from your wounds, we would be happy to help locate Ajax.  Would you be willing to aid us in finding Leon and the keyblades?  I have no doubt they are directly related.

On a side note, I'd like to continue to donate vast quantities of food and drink to the women and children left behind.  This, of course, applies only to the time before we actually leave.  If it's only a day, then I get up extra early and bring over the supplies with the badger's help if he's willing.     

Also before we leave, I go to a fortified location within the area like a Temple or military barracks and contact Emelda with the sending stone.  I also check "status" to see how she's recovering from the psionic attack.  I check on the kids too.       

whitesword:

--- Quote from: Malchia on August 31, 2012, 07:47:47 AM ---I continue to feed Brightsoul carrots, apples, sugar cubes, oats, and whatever else he may need.  "Brightsoul, are you able to feel Ajax's presence or has your bond to him been cut off?  If you can, is he badly harmed?  Also, would you be able to describe your covert mission objectives?  I do not wish to put you in jeopardy if that information is too delicate, so don't feel obligated to share, but I would like to help in any way I can.  Before you were assaulted, do you recall hearing or seeing anything regarding Leon or the two keyblades that unlock the Gemblade?  Did your assailants mention the name "Battle" or refer to the Gemblade by name?  Once you recover from your wounds, we would be happy to help locate Ajax.  Would you be willing to aid us in finding Leon and the keyblades?  I have no doubt they are directly related.

On a side note, I'd like to continue to donate vast quantities of food and drink to the women and children left behind.  This, of course, applies only to the time before we actually leave.  If it's only a day, then I get up extra early and bring over the supplies with the badger's help if he's willing.     

Also before we leave, I go to a fortified location within the area like a Temple or military barracks and contact Emelda with the sending stone.  I also check "status" to see how she's recovering from the psionic attack.  I check on the kids too.     

--- End quote ---
Brightsoul eats an apple and a sugar cube and thanks you through Ari. He also comments "You enjoy quite the life of leisure here Astrek." earning a hiss in response.

"I know that we came here to find the new king and ensure that he is acknowledged by those in power as the true heir. As for the secret nature of our entry I only know a little. As far as I know Aesculos is unique among my lord's paladins as he has access to mighty powers of light beyond those available to other paladins. When we left Pacyr to go to the aid of King Roflander in the frost giant kingdom he had access to all of his powers but after the defeat of the frost cults we learned of the King's death and tried to travel here across the fields of the realm of the Bright Sword, the realm of my lord on Celestia, which is a beautiful place, you should visit if you can, but he found that he could not open the Gate. We rode towards Port Springs with all speed, which is quite fast, and on the fourth night Lady Electra, my lord's celestial messenger, arrived and set before us a Light, which is an Aasmion, who guided us both below ground and above, on hidden paths that we would not have found on our own. I suspect he was a dwarf in life on this world. We reached Port Springs, which is an impressive city, and began to search for passage. There we met the Orcs who were on their way here to join the war.  I detest travel at sea, as does Aesculos, as do most Orcs or so I understand, and the voyage was unpleasant. I don't know what happened on the dock, I was forced to wait with the ordinary horses, though I mean no disrespect to them as they seemed fine war horses and they acquitted themselves well when I led them in the charge through the troops. Rarely has Aesculos sent me from his side and I was loathe to leave him but he has always made clear the importance of the sword. I found my way here but the high cleric seemed to have a great deal on his mind and did not think to speak with me as you wisely have." He then drinks some water. "Where was I? Oh yes, your other questions. Aesculos is either too far away or in a magic place that prevents me from feeling his presence. He is still alive, for I would return to the Mount if he were slain.  I know nothing of swords other than the Kingmaker, I am sorry."

whitesword:
A clarification: At some point I think I referred to Sir Bartholomew Grace, the Captain of the Knights of the White Sword in Icefia, as a paladin of Stasis. He is a paladin of Hemator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version