Author Topic: Going from Hunted to Hunter...Twice  (Read 6875 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Going from Hunted to Hunter...Twice
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »
A place to discuss latest events.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
Re: Going from Hunted to Hunter...Twice
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:33:07 PM »
Guild members being assaulted in the streets needs to end.  We need to do something to show the other guilds that these kinds of offenses will not go without reprisal.  I say we find the Drow who attacked Istvan and make an example out of him, clear for other guilds to see what will happen to them if they cross us. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »
Esme says, "We need to find out who he is and where is is from, and maybe why he is doing it."

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:01:02 PM »
Esme says, "We need to find out who he is and where is is from, and maybe why he is doing it."

He was very skilled, he came at us with a purpose.  That purpose in fact seemed to be as simple as he wanted something Istvan had.  We have some of his blood, can we use this to find him through magical means? 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »
Vincent says: Is he is in the Drow guild then I am not going after him.   It is a bad idea to mess with that guild we are not ready to handle them.  I think we need to focus our time on stealing whatever is on  the ship.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
Esme asks, "Gansuhk, can you do anything with that blood?"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 08:42:53 AM »
Vincent says: Is he is in the Drow guild then I am not going after him.   It is a bad idea to mess with that guild we are not ready to handle them.  I think we need to focus our time on stealing whatever is on  the ship.

Tragorum says, "It sounds like that one might have been a contract hit, or a contract attack at least.  Seems like someone wanted to take away some of our advantages.  Our attack was most likely a result of our encounters with their Remy.  Traguna made him look like a bit of a fool when he told him to leave the performance area in from the of the Golden Square the other day."

"They, meaning the Street Fishers, may be trying to do the same thing we are.  Grow their Guild and their Reputation by taking out other small guilds. I say, and my brother agrees, that we should figure out what we're going to do about the ship quickly and then start moving against other members of the Street Fishers."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »
Tragorum says, "It sounds like that one might have been a contract hit, or a contract attack at least.  Seems like someone wanted to take away some of our advantages.  Our attack was most likely a result of our encounters with their Remy.  Traguna made him look like a bit of a fool when he told him to leave the performance area in from the of the Golden Square the other day."

"They, meaning the Street Fishers, may be trying to do the same thing we are.  Grow their Guild and their Reputation by taking out other small guilds. I say, and my brother agrees, that we should figure out what we're going to do about the ship quickly and then start moving against other members of the Street Fishers."

Istvan replies - " I doubt it has much to do with our recent activity.  He's tried this before, and that was long before I had met you. Previously i had thought it was because I was a drow in the city, not affiliated with their guild.  It could have been because my father was a prominent member of that guild before he was killed.  This is the first time he tried to take my boots.  Being that he's acting along, i doubt we are even on the guilds radar.  Might be a simple act of greed.  But two can play at that game.  I want whatever items he has that make him able to move like he does" 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 11:08:57 AM »
Esme asks, "Gansuhk, can you do anything with that blood?"

Scratches his 3 hairs on his leathery skull...
" Possibly, create custom poison, effect greater for him, Counter his Antibodies!!!  Drow resistant!.  Clerics I will ask, track him we might!"

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »
This may be a good opportunity to establish our Guild Name in the city.  This could also be a potential recruiting opportunity...he could have many uses in an up and coming guild if he is not in one already. :)  I could persuade him...

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »
This may be a good opportunity to establish our Guild Name in the city.  This could also be a potential recruiting opportunity...he could have many uses in an up and coming guild if he is not in one already. :)  I could persuade him...

"We need to establish a reputation first.  Individually, we all have made a name for ourselves in one way or another.  But, as a group, we have nothing but empty words."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »

Scratches his 3 hairs on his leathery skull...
" Possibly, create custom poison, effect greater for him, Counter his Antibodies!!!  Drow resistant!.  Clerics I will ask, track him we might!"
"If you have a question about spellcasting, I would be the best person to ask, be it arcane or divine," says Natsu in broken Common, waving his cane about as he speaks and making sure everyone can see the multicolored sparks of light that trail the Buddha-like slaad that tops his cane.

Spellcraft or know(arcana) check? To determine if there is a spell to find someone using their blood. Other than scrying.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
Having their blood makes certain detection spells more difficult to resist, although you still need the spells.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 10:17:23 PM »
"Who among us is the most skilled burglar? I suppose it is you, Vincent? If so, I will link you to Schurke via a spell called 'share talents' so that he may benefit from your expertise during his mission."

Here are the spells Natsu casts on Schurke:
  • Status (4 hours)
  • Benediction (40 min)
  • Share Talents (40 min)
  • Reduce Person (5 min)
  • Invisibility (12 min)

I'll go with him and cast "reduce person' when we are a few blocks away from the target since it has a shorter duration

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »
Having their blood makes certain detection spells more difficult to resist, although you still need the spells.
What spells? I can make a check if need be.