Author Topic: Cranes, Racoons, and Gators  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Cranes, Racoons, and Gators
« on: October 12, 2022, 09:20:11 AM »
So.. Who is the best person to question our Orge Magi. ( before we wake it up ) 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Cranes, Racoons, and Gators
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 10:51:36 AM »
So.. Who is the best person to question our Orge Magi. ( before we wake it up )
I don't care who does the questioning, but I'll be sure to be standing close by with my greatsword in hand in case things go south.  Since he radiates pure evil, the instant he tries anything underhanded or magical, I cut him down, otherwise I stand and watch all the while making him feel as uncomfortable as possible.

That being said, we should probably get the captain involved before anything else happens. 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 12:21:36 PM »
A drow and a golem might be a fun experience for him.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 01:51:38 PM »
Ruby, who cannot hide her disapproving look when your conversations turn as dark and cruel as they seem to, says, "Before we offer threats and torture and death, let's talk and offer food and comfort.  It is not a lower planar creature.  It can be swayed and change it ways, or at least made to atone for its sins and crimes."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 02:03:19 PM »
Ruby, who cannot hide her disapproving look when your conversations turn as dark and cruel as they seem to, says, "Before we offer threats and torture and death, let's talk and offer food and comfort.  It is not a lower planar creature.  It can be swayed and change it ways, or at least made to atone for its sins and crimes."

Dylan shrugs " yeah, sure, offer him comfort.  I'm ok with this.    Captain - where is the nail files, and he's an spring.. so Lime green nail polish "
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 05:00:43 PM by Zunder »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 01:15:38 AM »
Recap of closing events for Uther?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 06:30:37 AM »
Recap of closing events for Uther?
Not sure when you left, but we took the ship along the coastline and up the river toward the Spiritfolk's territory.  Before getting to land, the captain bombarded the land where the Ogres were hunting.  Godric flew to where they had been to find the surrounding area utterly destroyed and only one lone Ogre mage alive and gasping its final breath.  He laid on hands just enough to stabilize him and signaled the ship.  The ship's mage then came on shore in water form and turned the Ogre into water form as well.  We all then met back at the ship with the unconscious Ogre in order to interrogate him.  That's where we left off with the option to interrogate on the boards.

For the record, Ruby is overreacting slightly.  None of us have threatened or made any unsavory moves toward the Ogre...yet.  He radiates strong evil, so Godric is simply taking prudent precautions as any Paladin worthy of his station would do.  As far as Dylan goes, I can't speak to the lime green nail polish.  No idea what he's been smoking. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 01:53:37 AM »
Thanks. Think I left as we were planning to take trade goods back to the anthropomorphic woodland creature village.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 06:54:17 AM »
Thanks. Think I left as we were planning to take trade goods back to the anthropomorphic woodland creature village.
We did end up taking fish, crossbows, and bolts to the village and they provided us with produce, tea, and seeds for planting, so we're full up on supplies.  As a token of appreciation, the village elder (the crane) sent his apprentice (another crane) with us on our journey up the river since we decided to go that route.  He wasn't willing to send him on foot if we chose to walk.  Going this way will take us directly through the Spiritfolk's city and the apprentice will prove useful in diplomatic relations as we approach their borders.  I imagine that's roughly where we'll pick up next week, unless we still need to interrogate the Ogre. 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 11:16:27 AM »
We did end up taking fish, crossbows, and bolts to the village and they provided us with produce, tea, and seeds for planting, so we're full up on supplies.  As a token of appreciation, the village elder (the crane) sent his apprentice (another crane) with us on our journey up the river since we decided to go that route.  He wasn't willing to send him on foot if we chose to walk.  Going this way will take us directly through the Spiritfolk's city and the apprentice will prove useful in diplomatic relations as we approach their borders.  I imagine that's roughly where we'll pick up next week, unless we still need to interrogate the Ogre.

He sent Waatah ( an acolyte of the light crane) not with us in appreciation, but as an emmisary to the people the city of Spirit Folk to create diplomatic relations.  He was horrified by the bombardiment.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 08:50:50 PM »
If you would like to interrogate the ogre mage here that would be ideal.

Everyone gets 750xp

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2022, 08:52:46 PM »

He sent Waatah ( an acolyte of the light crane) not with us in appreciation, but as an emmisary to the people the city of Spirit Folk to create diplomatic relations.  He was horrified by the bombardiment.

Very good guess on the Crane’s name. Wataa.