Author Topic: Steps in the "right" direction  (Read 3481 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Steps in the "right" direction
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2021, 10:51:00 PM »
Uther also spends time with Dylan in the library. As a student of the celestial powers training to be a planar channeler, as well as an avid supporter of a LG upper planar fire deity, I too would love to learn more of Quan Yins domain and historical journey as an outer planar power to a major religion on Habololy. Are there books or a subject matter expert available here?

Also, any wizards or arcane texts present? Since we have down time I would like to add some new spells to my spellbook.

As to the first book- yes, sort of. There is a substantial tome detailing the arrival of Quan Yin and the Horarians, but it provides no details about the Horarian home world and offers very little information about Quan Yin s planar connection. It does discuss the Celestial Bureaucracy briefly but makes no mention of the Kami. As to the Horarians it only alludes to them being brought here as slaves.

Your educated conclusion is that the book is intended not to offend any Counsil followers sensibilities.

There are no arcane spell books in either library.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2021, 10:53:46 PM »
I tell Shun Quan
* that i don't need to see the food stores, just interesting on how cities survive.  Maybe if I can spread that knowledge It can save others.
* I say i'm just interested in knowledge.  Probably a trait i picked up from Melody.  The more obscure the better.  Seems like some knowledge just evaporates from the world.  That's ashame.
* I spend time in the private rooms reading the temple books. ( or whichever or more exclusive ) Curtains draw so I can read better, without light.  I always use the same one, so she knows where to find me.
* I start small talk about Quan Yin.. and I ask her if there are any differences in Dieties like mine, from Habololy, or Dieties like hers.. from the outer planes.

* I spend a morning cleaning the room.  I keep those feathers.  I find artisan in the city to make a bola or something cute out of them to give to Shun Quan

There is a seamstress on the temple grounds. She looks scandalized when you ask to have a feather boa made but she acquiesces.

Shun Quan looks uncomfortable when you ask about Quan Yin s planar nature.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2021, 11:39:03 PM »
Any resident wizards or planar SMEs?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2021, 08:24:36 AM »
There is a seamstress on the temple grounds. She looks scandalized when you ask to have a feather boa made but she acquiesces.

Shun Quan looks uncomfortable when you ask about Quan Yin s planar nature.

After her reaction I ask.. " Oh.. is it not to be talked about that she's planar?  The clerics of Stasis seem proud that Stasis was of the quality to move to the planes to be worshipped by more.  I think it just lends to Quan Yin's quality as a deity that she can draw followers from multiple.." he thinks about it.. for a long time.. " Do you know what it's called, I kinda wish I did.." he pauses again.. " well, I hope one day that Melody can progress like that in her following.  "

I leave it at that, and go back to reading unless she responds.  Just go back to reading from the 2 libraries.  Anything that seems interesting.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2021, 12:53:09 PM »
Uther also spends time with Dylan in the library. As a student of the celestial powers training to be a planar channeler, as well as an avid supporter of a LG upper planar fire deity, I too would love to learn more of Quan Yins domain and historical journey as an outer planar power to a major religion on Habololy. Are there books or a subject matter expert available here?

Also, any wizards or arcane texts present? Since we have down time I would like to add some new spells to my spellbook.

Lachlan also goes to the Library.  By accident.  He gets lost on his way to the cafeteria. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2021, 07:21:52 PM »

After her reaction I ask.. " Oh.. is it not to be talked about that she's planar?  The clerics of Stasis seem proud that Stasis was of the quality to move to the planes to be worshipped by more.  I think it just lends to Quan Yin's quality as a deity that she can draw followers from multiple.." he thinks about it.. for a long time.. " Do you know what it's called, I kinda wish I did.." he pauses again.. " well, I hope one day that Melody can progress like that in her following.  "

I leave it at that, and go back to reading unless she responds.  Just go back to reading from the 2 libraries.  Anything that seems interesting.

She tells you in a conspiratorial whisper- Because our matron is not from Habololy their are many who question her allegiance. Perhaps the followers of Stasis and Melodie do not harbor such concerns, but when dealing with the followers of the other Counsil powers it is never mentioned.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2021, 07:23:25 PM »
Lachlan also goes to the Library.  By accident.  He gets lost on his way to the cafeteria.

By the middle of the second day Lachlan has a retinue of trailing admirers. That you enter the library makes you even more intriguing.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2021, 08:08:55 AM »
She tells you in a conspiratorial whisper- Because our matron is not from Habololy their are many who question her allegiance. Perhaps the followers of Stasis and Melodie do not harbor such concerns, but when dealing with the followers of the other Counsil powers it is never mentioned.

Whispers back.  "Those are concerns of those who don't know better.  It's missinformation like that, that Melodie took the promotion to a diety, so that she can spread knowledge. "  he gives her his best smile..  " I do so enjoy talking to you, thank you for spending your time with someone who likes to protect life, but isn't as devotee to Quan Yin  "
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 08:01:55 PM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2021, 08:39:32 PM »

Dylan a little shocked to see you there.. " Hey.. Can I help you find something?  Didn't know yhou enjoyed such places."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2021, 09:13:56 PM »
First - 400xp for everyone.

On the second day (the day Nisoru departs) you are given a brief tour of the upper levels of the temple. There are art studios, meditation rooms, counseling rooms, offices and an observatory, with what Tessa is sure is a pre-War of Technology telescope.
On the third day Shun Quan and two junior acolytes give you a tour of the lower portion of the temple. There are numerous birthing suites, extensive store rooms for food and drink, a treasury and a magical store room. You pass two barred doors and Marina pointedly asks what is behind them. Shun Quan says one is the dungeon and the other is the archives.

Uther is confident there is another level below you, likely a hallway from each of those doors.