Author Topic: Steps in the "right" direction  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Steps in the "right" direction
« on: November 02, 2021, 08:16:46 AM »
After we unpack I explore a little.  See if I can find my little friend Shun Quan.  I need a tour.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Steps in the "right" direction
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 09:45:42 AM »
Ruby spends the first day or so learning all of the routines and rituals of the place.  I assume there are lots of them.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 09:54:40 AM »
Ruby spends the first day or so learning all of the routines and rituals of the place.  I assume there are lots of them.

Good idea Ruby - get hours of operation, when guests are allowed in, etc.

I walk around with my Holy Symbol, mostly because they said weapons weren't allowed. Since it's a platinum clad book it shouldn't stand out.  I wear a plain cloak, no symbols of Summerlight, or Icefea.  I do actually change this time - wearing comfortable clothes, something you'd wear to the local temple.  And of course - I go as Horarian male teen.  ( Unless I find Shun Quan )
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:07:16 AM by Zunder »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 02:54:57 PM »
Uther wants to schedule a tour to get a look at the foundation work performed by his ancestors. That should give us closer look at the depths of the basement.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 03:58:14 PM »
Uther wants to schedule a tour to get a look at the foundation work performed by his ancestors. That should give us closer look at the depths of the basement.

Oh, we understood what you where after when you mentioned her Moorings!

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 10:13:07 PM »
The next morning there is a formal reception where everyone

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 10:15:40 PM »
The next morning there is a formal reception where everyone s name is read and the embassy is formally recognized.  The high cleric, Moda Gan Shou, speaks at length about Stasis and Quan Yin, and analogizes the hoped for relationship between The Kingdom and Kathow to the nature and role of the two powers. Nisoru speaks about the Kingdom s similar hopes and you get the sense the high cleric may have stolen some of his material.

After the ceremony everyone leaves except Nisoru and Moda Gan Shou. They remain in the audience hall for over an hour. Meanwhile a luncheon is prepared and you mingle with the temple staff and Kathow officials. They are very difficult to distinguish from one another except for the Kathow naval officers, led by a man who seems too young to be an admiral, named Lon Wai. He clearly does not want any impression that Icefia will be protecting Kathow.

The temple staff are all extremely fit and of above average attractiveness. They engage all of you in polite if somewhat formal conversation.

After the lunch Nisoru meets with you briefly. He says- I will depart after dawn tomorrow. My intent is too return in less than a week.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 10:25:17 PM »
The Temple Proper-  the temple is a massive structure. Across the front it is 412 feet. It is more than 600 feet deep, the back half extending into the mountain. It is 70 feet high with five floors inside. As soon as you enter the front doors there is a hall that runs over 200 feet laterally. Behind it is the great sanctum, which is 30 feet high and 160 feet across. There are two floors above the entry hall and sanctum and the other floors form wings on either side and above. The visitor hall is to the left and the clerics quarters are to the right in their own buildings. The visitors hall does not have a direct passage to the temple, the clerics hall does.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 11:07:01 PM »
Ruby spends lots of time talking to the female clerics and staff who seem less inclined to interact with males.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 08:15:40 AM »
After the offical bit of the day, Dylan puts on dark glasses.  He tries to find the temple employee that is sympathetic to the challenges of his heritage.  Shun Quan if possible.  He asks all the questions we had ( besides a significant number of normal small talk stuff.. like hows the weather here.  Do you ever get sick of fish?  What type of music do you enjoy here, where is the dance club?  no.. i don't mean the tantric one.   Does child birth happen here? etc )

I spread these out over a couple people as to not raise suspician.
 - When would I be allowed in the temple.
 - When would I be allowed in the library - you see my Matron is the godess of knowledge, and I would be interested in the texts and teaching of Quan Yin.  I feel like knowledge is a great way to protect life. yadda yadda.
 - It doesn't seem there is much reason on the Island of the Crandle of Life for security?  What are your contingency plans to protect the people of the city below if an enemy where to come and attack? Or perhaps more likely here, a natural disaster threatened the city like a tidal wave.  You'd be safe up here, but what about the citizen's below, and feeding them?  Do you have grain stores somewhere, maybe in a basement?
 -

I also mention on Nisoru to take his time, we might need it.  No need to push it at his age. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:50:33 PM by Zunder »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 12:17:59 PM »
After all the ceremonial stuff, Lachlan will change into some of his 'every day' clothes and just walk around the temple complex.  Trying to get a lay of the land.  He will search out the places where he can get food and drink. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »
Godric will float around the complex and try to make his way around the entire temple grounds.  I will ping for evil the entire trip just to make sure nothing evil snuck its way in here.  I will join the tour of the basement as well.  I imagine my disturbing presence is enough to dissuade people from flirting with me, but if anyone is curious about me in that manner, I kindly tell them that I'm a Paladin on a holy quest with no time for procreation. 

Before Nisoru leaves, I ask if he would like me to accompany him on his pilgrimage up to the temple of Stasis.  I will honor whatever his response is.   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 07:05:31 PM »
The Visitor (Pilgrims) hall- As described the hall is large and meticulously clean.  There are three wings, which run south to north (the main temple faces East) and are two stories above ground and a half story below. The spa, gymnasium and meditation rooms are on the below ground level.  You are in the west most wing. There is a common dining hall and library in the center wing, which is larger than the other two. There are two dozen well appointed rooms on the second floor and 16 on the first floor. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 08:02:46 PM »
Ruby spends lots of time talking to the female clerics and staff who seem less inclined to interact with males.

The female clerics are fascinated by you, Marina and Tessa. As they don

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2021, 08:04:08 PM »
The female clerics are fascinated by you, Marina and Tessa. As they don t have any experience with halflings or gnomes, that you are not married is less shocking than that Marina is forgoing her prime child bearing years.