Author Topic: Building a Better Angel Trap  (Read 10532 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Building a Better Angel Trap
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:24:42 AM »
To start, experience:

For Difficult religious dilemmas and how to deal with them, Finn and Artemus each get 1200.

For trying to arrest the angel and surviving to tell the tale, Marston gets 2000

For escaping the plans of a crusader army to capture you for a third time, Harrick gets 2000
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:42:56 AM by Asinjin »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Building a Better Angel Trap
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 12:25:28 AM »
After the scene settles down, the mayor sends word to Artemus to arrange a meeting with Gnorton.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 09:42:17 AM »
To start, experience:

For Difficult religious dilemmas and how to deal with them, Finn and Artemus each get 1200.

For trying to arrest the angel and surviving to tell the tale, Marston gets 2000

For escaping the plans of a crusader army to capture you for a third time, Marston gets 2000

I assume Harrick.. is line 3

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »

I assume Harrick.. is line 3

You are right, I corrected it.  If anyone got a level, let me know.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »
The area around Harrick's shrine is full of activity after the battle.  The effort to clean up the trap is much larger than the effort to create it.  In addition, two hundred tinkers are clamoring about amazed how well their plan worked and equally amazed that the surge did not blow up anything nearby.  The only consequence appears to have been a city wide power outage for several minutes.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »
As word spreads through the town, there are many conflicting emotions: sadness over the defeat and banishing of an angel; excitement over the success of technology and the tinker plan; relief that the ordeal of the past few days is over.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 11:08:44 AM »
As word spreads through the town, there are many conflicting emotions: sadness over the defeat and banishing of an angel; excitement over the success of technology and the tinker plan; relief that the ordeal of the past few days is over.
Marston is equally saddened by what happened.  The last thing I wanted to do was banish a goodly angel fighting for Falan, but I can't have lawlessness running amuck through Grimhold and I can't tolerate Harrick or any of the citizens of this town being terrorized.  It's my sworn duty to uphold the law and protect the citizens of Grimhold from terrorism, whether it be foreign, domestic, or extra-planar.   

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
Out of curiosity, how long does it take to craft another Brawler?  I have the skills and I have Gnevil's design scroll, but I'm unsure of what I need to do to build another. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 11:18:50 AM »
Out of curiosity, how long does it take to craft another Brawler?  I have the skills and I have Gnevil's design scroll, but I'm unsure of what I need to do to build another.

The Craft DC is 20 and the amount of time depends on the results of your roll, but is you rolled a 20 it would take 15 days (higher rolls would take less time).

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 12:32:49 PM »
Harrick smiles broadly that law and order won the day.  He opens the temple to all, offering free magical services in both clerical and wizard. He writes on the outside of the temple "Vestaleon wants you to be the best you can be today, and the best you for eternity"  Happily helping people to improve in their lives on their track to being greater version of themselves.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 02:22:16 PM »
Harrick smiles broadly that law and order won the day.  He opens the temple to all, offering free magical services in both clerical and wizard. He writes on the outside of the temple "Vestaleon wants you to be the best you can be today, and the best you for eternity"  Happily helping people to improve in their lives on their track to being greater version of themselves.
If you don't have a permit to hang that sign, Marston's pulling it down.  There will be no undeath promotion in this city.  You're entitled to your beliefs, and it's good that you're offering free services, but I can't agree with becoming undead to further your existence.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 02:35:35 PM »
If you don't have a permit to hang that sign, Marston's pulling it down.  There will be no undeath promotion in this city.  You're entitled to your beliefs, and it's good that you're offering free services, but I can't agree with becoming undead to further your existence.

The sign meets the regulations for allowed signs as long as its on his property.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »
The sign meets the regulations for allowed signs as long as its on his property.
Well in that case, I guess he dodged a bullet...yes, pun fully intended. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 03:08:44 PM »
Although a time is not yet arranged, word spreads by the night of the angel trap day that the mayor is looking for individuals willing to go and meet with the crusaders.

Some are calling it a posse.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 03:26:57 PM »