Author Topic: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!  (Read 2180 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« on: September 20, 2023, 12:35:48 AM »
A brief recap as a good bit of info was conveyed in the last few minutes:

After two weeks at sea you arrived at the largest of the northernmost of the Glittering Islands. On the 3rd day sailing around it, you came upon the besieged town of Northfacet. You were met by the garrison commander Blenten Suremetal, a cleric of Gaerdal (who was one of the avatars that appeared after you escaped the beholder temple). He and his headquarters informed you that the island has been conquered over the course of the last year by a hobgoblin unholy warrior Sacran Brokanbones. He also told you that there are rumors that a DoomKnight has joined their ranks and may have effectively taken command. He also told you none of the clerics of the protector powers are getting their spells. Based on your knowledge of warfare (and lots of magical aid) it is clear that the defenders are doomed with at most a week to hold out. They have sent two ships north across the Sea of Jewels in search of relief and had hoped you were the aid.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 07:49:08 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 12:41:57 AM »
Fziret was the name the Arcanaloth gave you before.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 12:45:50 AM »
...and had hoped you were the aid.

We are the aid.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 08:16:13 AM »
Giant’s gems less the pearls for the identify spells = 5600 gc total. So that’s 800 gc each for the 7 of us.

Was there coin too? I didn’t write that down.

Giant’s unholy chain was dumped in the ocean.

Godrick has his belt of str +4.

We traded the signet ring to the rainbow-loth for a restraining order.

Where are the giant’s cursed boots of striding and springing?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 08:19:48 AM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 09:32:07 AM »

In my trunk of clothes.  Unless we didn't have time to retrieve our stuff.  I am blurry on the timing of the Whitesword disappearing.  If we were only temporarily off it and not expecting to be away for a long time I wouldn't have the trunk (and we wouldn't have any of our non-adventuring items).

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 12:17:18 PM »
Ruby is very excited and energetic, more so that usual.  Thoughts of planning a magnificent defense in Dourvan's name is her dream (2nd to finding her dad).

She is often striking heroic poses as she points and speaks.

She is tireless is collecting the names and details on the inhabitants and all of the resources.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 12:18:58 PM »
Since the giant was planar sent, does that mean we can use planar travel whenever we want?

Ruby suggests she go to an upper plane and return with help.  Or, send others to an upper plane so they can ask for help.

Do we know if time on the planes is moving faster, or just other worlds?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 12:19:53 PM »
Ruby also says to the group, "I have been getting a really bad headache when I expand, I don't think I'm going to try that anymore."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 04:57:49 PM »
"Lady Ruby, let me know what your strategic skills uncover regarding our adversaries.  If it is decided that challenging their champion to single combat is the best course of action, I will ready myself to take on that responsibility.  My friends, if there's anything you can buff me with prior to that encounter, I would greatly appreciate it."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 05:24:48 PM »
Since the giant was planar sent, does that mean we can use planar travel whenever we want?

Ruby suggests she go to an upper plane and return with help.  Or, send others to an upper plane so they can ask for help.

Do we know if time on the planes is moving faster, or just other worlds?
I believe travel between planes from here is risky. Accuracy is a problem, so attempting to plane shift to the upper planes may dump you somewhere else entirely.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2023, 05:41:23 PM »

She is tireless is collecting the names and details on the inhabitants and all of the resources.

What’s the composition of the defenders? E.g., headcount and competency of arcane casters, divine casters (breakdown of functional and non-functional), warriors, non-combatants.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2023, 07:27:51 PM »
Giant’s gems less the pearls for the identify spells = 5600 gc total. So that’s 800 gc each for the 7 of us.

Was there coin too? I didn’t write that down.

Giant’s unholy chain was dumped in the ocean.

Godrick has his belt of str +4.

We traded the signet ring to the rainbow-loth for a restraining order.

There’s a total of 1500gc in gold, silver and platinum.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2023, 07:29:03 PM »
In my trunk of clothes.  Unless we didn't have time to retrieve our stuff.  I am blurry on the timing of the Whitesword disappearing.  If we were only temporarily off it and not expecting to be away for a long time I wouldn't have the trunk (and we wouldn't have any of our non-adventuring items).

You definitely didn’t drag the whole trunk to the Temple. More likely you have a few outfits in your pack.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2023, 07:42:58 PM »
Ruby is very excited and energetic, more so that usual.  Thoughts of planning a magnificent defense in Dourvan's name is her dream (2nd to finding her dad).

She is often striking heroic poses as she points and speaks.

The Saurial paladin is Rux. The other Saurial, with the bone crest, Tolik. He is a wizard/fighter. There is a female Gnome named Pala. She is an illusionist and is the most powerful spell caster left in the city but doesn’t have evocation spells.

The city has been here for thousands of years but was only recently repopulated. Exactly when is a little fuzzy. The gnomes are mostly miners and lumberjacks. The Saurials are shipwrights and carpenters.

The city has very few warriors, though the survivors of the other towns made their way here so there are more than before. The town has a decent number of siege weapons but too few who know how to use them. The biggest issue is food is almost gone.   There are roughly 28000 in the town 70/30 Gnomes to Saurials.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2023, 07:45:08 PM »
What’s the composition of the defenders? E.g., headcount and competency of arcane casters, divine casters (breakdown of functional and non-functional), warriors, non-combatants.

Other than Blenten you quickly determine that the other leaders are no more competent than any of you.