Author Topic: Not A Slugwugataur!  (Read 6128 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Not A Slugwugataur!
« on: September 22, 2020, 08:49:36 AM »
Robert is badly in need of healing, warmth, cure disease...every type of care.

Do we have the opportunity to leave with the wug I knocked out?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Not A Slugwugataur!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »
Can I have a recap for the last 5 minutes?  Thanks.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »
Can I have a recap for the last 5 minutes?  Thanks.

Robert was finally able to pin the Bloated, after nearly being killed by it.  The soldiers ordered us leave once the prisoners were in a safe position.  Robert called they he may be able to defeat it now that it was pinned.  Gneetah and Brevis attacked.  The Slugwugataur, sensing its defeat, turned into an ooze which could not be grappled.  Seeing that, we withdrew with the freed prisoners and the soldiers.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 11:55:36 AM »
When we arrived back on the surface, there was a small contingent of people waiting for us, including the mayor. He demanded to know what was going on. That’s where we stopped.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »
We still have the 2 prisoners (1 wolf and 1 wug) from the surface encounter, correct?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »
We still have the 2 prisoners (1 wolf and 1 wug) from the surface encounter, correct?

Correct and you can drag the pummeled wug along if you want. Within minutes of exiting the small tunnel there is a terrible smell and the tunnel collapses like a sink hole. You can clearly see it’s path and it doesn’t look like it would be too much effort to excavate back into the cave.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 03:37:16 PM »
Visili shakes off the cold water onto the mayor.. " we were rescuing your citizen's sir "  pointing to the ragged bunch

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 03:43:00 PM »
Robert is badly in need of healing, warmth, cure disease...every type of care.
"Here Robert, take these."

Gneetagh hands Robert 3 healing potions.  They all do 1d8+4, so 3d8+12 total.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 04:41:04 PM »
"Here Robert, take these."

Gneetagh hands Robert 3 healing potions.  They all do 1d8+4, so 3d8+12 total.   

Thank you.  I drink.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »
If he isn't totally spent (and if he is here) Uleric will cast Endure Elements on Rob

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
If he isn't totally spent (and if he is here) Uleric will cast Endure Elements on Rob

You are there, and not completely spent, but Rob already has one of those.  Thanks

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 07:08:54 PM »
Bryvis sheathes his seldom used kovan blade, flicks some muck off of Falan’s wheel of swords that’s emblazoned on his shield, and slings it over his shoulder.

He looks to be in surprisingly good shape despite the brutal axe chop he took to the chest. He picks at the tear in his shirt where the axe struck and gently dabs a few drops of blood from the scratch there.

“Mr Mayor, I am Sergeant Bryvis Elswind. My squad and I were tracking down leads in an abduction case, perpetrated by a sea wolf and a wug. We followed their trail into the sewer, which lead us to the docks. One of these creatures attacked us there. We killed it and chased down 2 others up the coast to here, where we encountered a group of wugs and sea wolves emerging from the water. We captured 2, defeated others, and some fled back into the sea, we surmised to a nearby cave. Fearing the lives of any captives they held would be in jeopardy, we acted quickly. Together with the marines, we located an underwater entrance and a land-based backdoor. We split the group and entered from both sides. We discovers a small cave network and encountered about 2 dozen wugs, at least one sea wolf, and an aberration that looked like wug-slug hybrid the size of a horse - we suspect it is a Bloated. Some of us engaged in combat while other located and freed the captives - quite more than we were expecting. We were able to defeat a good portion of the wugs, but the slug horror Bloated was more than we were prepared for. Once the captives were free, we retreated. The Bloated, the wolf, and some wugs remain at large.”
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 07:12:38 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 08:13:45 PM »
Bryvis sheathes his seldom used kovan blade, flicks some muck off of Falan’s wheel of swords that’s emblazoned on his shield, and slings it over his shoulder.

He looks to be in surprisingly good shape despite the brutal axe chop he took to the chest. He picks at the tear in his shirt where the axe struck and gently dabs a few drops of blood from the scratch there.

“Mr Mayor, I am Sergeant Bryvis Elswind. My squad and I were tracking down leads in an abduction case, perpetrated by a sea wolf and a wug. We followed their trail into the sewer, which lead us to the docks. One of these creatures attacked us there. We killed it and chased down 2 others up the coast to here, where we encountered a group of wugs and sea wolves emerging from the water. We captured 2, defeated others, and some fled back into the sea, we surmised to a nearby cave. Fearing the lives of any captives they held would be in jeopardy, we acted quickly. Together with the marines, we located an underwater entrance and a land-based backdoor. We split the group and entered from both sides. We discovers a small cave network and encountered about 2 dozen wugs, at least one sea wolf, and an aberration that looked like wug-slug hybrid the size of a horse - we suspect it is a Bloated. Some of us engaged in combat while other located and freed the captives - quite more than we were expecting. We were able to defeat a good portion of the wugs, but the slug horror Bloated was more than we were prepared for. Once the captives were free, we retreated. The Bloated, the wolf, and some wugs remain at large.”

The mayor is a wiry man of average height, in his late forties, dressed in a chain shirt and armed with a long sword and short sword. He has a military bearing but more at ease than the marines.

“Thank you for that concise report sergeant. I thought the Sledgehammer dwarves had put an end to these wretches years ago. And so close to the walls.”

He turns to one of the younger marines. “Go back to the castle and send word by rider or spell to the temples of Stasis and Gnarion. Tell them we are in need of warriors and healers.” To another he says “go and tell the captain of the Herron I am requesting that he move the frigate out and cover the coast here with her artillery.”

Turning back to you: “Sergeant you and your men have done excellent work. Take the rescued captives and your prisoner back to the castle. If you learn anything of value from them send word to us.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 08:50:48 PM »
You are there, and not completely spent, but Rob already has one of those.  Thanks
Uleric, there are some seriously wounded marines. Can you tend to them?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 09:00:52 PM »
Turning back to you: “Sergeant you and your men have done excellent work. Take the rescued captives and your prisoner back to the castle. If you learn anything of value from them send word to us.”
“Thank you sir. We will. Before we leave, would you or your designee want a report on what we learned of the Bloated from our encounter? We have some hard earned knowledge of its offensive and defensive abilities.”

How many captives did we free?