Author Topic: Tenacious, Persistent, and in Deep Trouble  (Read 29537 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Tenacious, Persistent, and in Deep Trouble
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »
After the soothing ocean noises start, I go back into the room.

"I have your water."  I give it to him, as we have not yet unbound the spellcasters hands.  "They are working on getting the bucket."

"What brings the prince of another plane to Portet?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2014, 10:04:49 PM »
After the soothing ocean noises start, I go back into the room.

"I have your water."  I give it to him, as we have not yet unbound the spellcasters hands.  "They are working on getting the bucket."

"What brings the prince of another plane to Portet?"

"We mean you no harm. My people have long been enamored with surface dwellers and we traditionally invite young women to balls in our realm. Your city has so many forlorn young women and they are easy prey for the wolves. We offer them a respite from their struggles here and some choose to stay."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »
After a moment of silence due to disbelief, Rob shakes his head.

"How do you get back and forth from your home plane, and how long do you normally stay for?" and a pause then before he answers, "And I apologize for the interruption and ignorance, but what type of creature are you?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2014, 10:48:12 PM »
After a moment of silence due to disbelief, Rob shakes his head.

"How do you get back and forth from your home plane, and how long do you normally stay for?" and a pause then before he answers, "And I apologize for the interruption and ignorance, but what type of creature are you?"

He looks at you like you're a little slow. "We swim?  As for how long we stay, only for a day or two once a month, of your time, before our parties.  My "men" are Triton. You would call me Gen or Gensai.  I implore you to let me go before nightfall. I have told my men you have not harmed me but they will come in force if they think you will imprison me or you cannot keep me safe."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »
"You swim through gates between the planes.  How do you open these gates?  Why would I call you Gen or Gensai?  Safe from what?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2014, 11:11:39 PM »
"You swim through gates between the planes.  How do you open these gates?  Why would I call you Gen or Gensai?  Safe from what?"

"The gate appears permanent. It lies just outside the harbor, where the depths begin.  You may refer to me by my name, just as I would you.

Safe from the wolves. The same ones that are preying upon the women of your city. I would be a great prize for them."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2014, 11:13:22 PM »
"Do your people do this at many cities?  Are the wolves you speak of literal ones, or are you using that figuratively?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »
"Do your people do this at many cities?  Are the wolves you speak of literal ones, or are you using that figuratively?"

"We do this on many worlds but Haboloy is new to us because your power of Water is not of our plane or an outer plane.  Wolves means wolves. Were beasts of the sea who can walk ashore like men for a time. Perhaps this is what you thought my men were? Their common is poor."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2014, 11:26:30 PM »
"Just another minute or two, and they should have your bucket ready.  How long have you been doing this in Portet?  Are these wolves after you specifically for any reason?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2014, 11:56:06 PM »
"Just another minute or two, and they should have your bucket ready.  How long have you been doing this in Portet?  Are these wolves after you specifically for any reason?"

"We started after the harbor thawed. The wolves were alread here. We fight them when we must. They set ambushes for us on this side of the portal and sometimes here in the streets. They are more than a match for one or even several of my men so I have started accompanying them."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2014, 08:23:46 AM »
"Why this city?  Understand that I am charged with the protection of Portet, so the appearance of other planar creatures and the wolves chasing them is concerning.  So forgive me for all of these questions and my apprehension.  Do you target females of any race?  Can you give me the names of any you have taken from Portet so far?  I think this all may have been a misunderstanding and we might be able to let you go with all of your possessions, but I need to be certain there is no threat here."

Sense Motive total 23 to get a feel for why he is talking the way he is.

Is impersonating a human while being a planar creature a crime?

How about taking a willing person to another plane?

What age would a person have to be according to the laws of Icefia to consent to such a thing?

After he answers this round of questions, I say, "I think your bucket should be ready, I will be right back."

Once outside the room, "Does anyone know anything about the other planes or a portal to the plane of water?"  I describe what he has said so far and ask anyone if they have any thoughts on where to take the questioning next.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2014, 11:00:54 AM »
"We mean you no harm. My people have long been enamored with surface dwellers and we traditionally invite young women to balls in our realm. Your city has so many forlorn young women and they are easy prey for the wolves. We offer them a respite from their struggles here and some choose to stay."

I make my 22+ Sense Motive check as he speaks.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2014, 11:06:49 AM »

I make my 22+ Sense Motive check as he speaks.

Can you hear from outside the room?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2014, 02:15:42 PM »
"Why this city?  Understand that I am charged with the protection of Portet, so the appearance of other planar creatures and the wolves chasing them is concerning.  So forgive me for all of these questions and my apprehension.  Do you target females of any race?  Can you give me the names of any you have taken from Portet so far?  I think this all may have been a misunderstanding and we might be able to let you go with all of your possessions, but I need to be certain there is no threat here."

"We have come here simply because the new portal opened and it is so close by.  We invite generally humans, elves and half elves, though we have heard of a race called Nippits?  They sound intriguing as well.  We have not taken anyone, in the sense that it implies abduction. I would have to return to the to my city to obtain the names of those that are still there.

Sense Motive total 23 to get a feel for why he is talking the way he is.

Is impersonating a human while being a planar creature a crime?

How about taking a willing person to another plane?

What age would a person have to be according to the laws of Icefia to consent to such a thing?

Your impression is that he is being truthful and has experience in diplomacy.  It is not a crime to take a willing person of majority age anywhere. Majority age is 16. It would not be a crime just to impersonate another race. (See, In Re: Summerlight, John (AKA the Valiant), William et al.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:21:29 PM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2014, 02:44:05 PM »
A note that a new portal to the plane of water has to be reported immediately to the high ups.