Author Topic: Tenacious, Persistent, and in Deep Trouble  (Read 29246 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Tenacious, Persistent, and in Deep Trouble
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2014, 02:49:57 PM »
When I return into the room, I bring the bucket, "Do you want this dumped on your head?"

Once that whole process sorts itself out, I continue.

"Do you know if your Tritons knew we were constables when they fled?"

"These sea wolves, is there any more information you can give me on them?  They sound like the type of creature that we need to make sure doesn't cause any problems in the city."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »
When outside, I ask, "Do we want to charge this fellow with anything?  Based on the current information, I am having a tough time coming up with any crimes that are worth pursuing, considering the mitigating circumstances."

At some point, thinking the Gree are a water-based race, I ask our hosts, "Do you know anything about the Tritons or a portal to the plane of water?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »
When I return into the room, I bring the bucket, "Do you want this dumped on your head?"

Once that whole process sorts itself out, I continue.

"Do you know if your Tritons knew we were constables when they fled?"

"These sea wolves, is there any more information you can give me on them?  They sound like the type of creature that we need to make sure doesn't cause any problems in the city."

"No thank you, I'll put my head in for a few moments to refresh myself and then my feet while we finish."
"They knew you were authority figures, but not exactly what type."
"The wolves are very dangerous. Ordinarily my men would only come in pairs, as it's unlikely we will find large groups of young women, though we've had more success than I would have guessed. The wolves hunt in packs at all times, so we have been traveling in larger groups as well.  They are were beasts and seek prey to eat and to turn."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
When outside, I ask, "Do we want to charge this fellow with anything?  Based on the current information, I am having a tough time coming up with any crimes that are worth pursuing, considering the mitigating circumstances."

At some point, thinking the Gree are a water-based race, I ask our hosts, "Do you know anything about the Tritons or a portal to the plane of water?"

Aeciel says: "Triton are among the few goodly races native to the plane of water. Our traditional kin in the Republic dislike them, as they are often pranksters. I know nothing of a portal to the plane of water."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »
Note to ask for any reports of Lycanthropy in the city.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
A follow up question to the prince at some point, "Are there not enough females where you are from?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
Aeciel says: "Triton are among the few goodly races native to the plane of water. Our traditional kin in the Republic dislike them, as they are often pranksters. I know nothing of a portal to the plane of water."

"What else can you tell us of them and how they might help us or the city, or hurt us?  Keep in mind I and we know nothing of them."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:51 PM »
A follow up question to the prince at some point, "Are there not enough females where you are from?"

"No, there are not."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
"What else can you tell us of them and how they might help us or the city, or hurt us?  Keep in mind I and we know nothing of them."

Aeciel shrugs. "I have only heard tales of them rescuing sailors and passengers from ship wrecks and harassing whalers and treasure hunters. They are enemies of the Shaughin, devil rays and Korpu."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2014, 06:20:18 PM »
"No, there are not."

Robert again for a moment has that dazed look, then asks, "How?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »
Once outside the room, "Does anyone know anything about the other planes or a portal to the plane of water?"  I describe what he has said so far and ask anyone if they have any thoughts on where to take the questioning next.
Weren't you paying attention when the Lord Governor addressed us that day after the clerics of Lakius were murdered?! The cult of the Dark One is using portals from the plane of water to bring their allies here. Or something like that. We need to report this to the Governor and Master Ullik immediately.

Find out what this fop guy knows about it. Where it is, when it appeared, if it's always open, if there are others like it.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2014, 08:02:40 PM »
A note that a new portal to the plane of water has to be reported immediately to the high ups.

"Yes, I already said that."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2014, 08:11:10 PM »
Robert again for a moment has that dazed look, then asks, "How?"
"There are just not enough."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2014, 08:16:16 PM »
"Okay.  Getting back to that portal.  Do you know when it first opened here?  Do you know of any other portals near Icefia?  Do you know of anything else that has been using the portal?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »
"Okay.  Getting back to that portal.  Do you know when it first opened here?  Do you know of any other portals near Icefia?  Do you know of anything else that has been using the portal?"

"I cannot say exactly when it opened in your time as I was not here. Recently by any standard. While the harbor was frozen. As for what else has been using it; the wolves and Korpu, though the later have already retreated as the water on this side is already getting cold again."