Author Topic: Whooze that on Deck?  (Read 8120 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Whooze that on Deck?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 11:00:25 PM »
There's a difference between a fight on on the surface and a fight 6 miles under water...perhaps we could try to draw it out to the surface where more than 6 of our crew could contribute.
I never said anything about fighting it under water.  Depending on what Sas finds in spirit form, we'll form a a plan based on that info.  I just wanted to see what's down there in case we need to go down.  More than likely Claude's presence will draw it out to the ship.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 10:03:25 AM »
Okay, so far we have Nathan, Ritvali (possibly), Nassissik, Jean, Rin, and Chase.  Not sure about Valdis or Claude.

Valdis says he skills are better utilized on the surface.  He'll stay with the ship.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »
Taiji chimes in: "Not to be a killjoy here, but is challenging a creature like this on its home turf a sound strategy? Especially when the turf is so hostile to visitors?"

smart

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 02:06:57 PM »
Amare asks, "How do we lure it out?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 03:54:58 PM »
Amare asks, "How do we lure it out?"
I was hoping Claude had a way to trigger the beast's senses so that it would recognize a hunter approaches.  If that's not an option, I suggest we steal something from its lair and bring it to the ship.  If it has any means of detecting its items, it may wish to pursue us.  That's why it's important to know who can travel underwater.  A third option, albeit far fetched, may be having Claude whip up a pheromone dust that might attract the beast to us.  We could spread it around the area and hope for the best.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 04:01:39 PM »
I was hoping Claude had a way to trigger the beast's senses so that it would recognize a hunter approaches.  If that's not an option, I suggest we steal something from its lair and bring it to the ship.  If it has any means of detecting its items, it may wish to pursue us.  That's why it's important to know who can travel underwater.  A third option, albeit far fetched, may be having Claude whip up a pheromone dust that might attract the beast to us.  We could spread it around the area and hope for the best.   

Thermon asks, "Can we fish for it?"

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 07:55:15 PM »
Sorry.  This ship is amazing and I have been a bit distracted.  I have nothing to help alchemically with the water other than holding your breath for a bit longer. 

I have an item or even spells that help me be in the water but I really don't want to engage this creature down there.   

As far as enticing it to the surface that seems reasonable to me.  Not sure how to do it but seems the safer course.  Most of them really don't like it when you take something of theirs.  That might be worth a shot.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »
Posting xp:

Master Po - 5xp

Valdis - 25xp

Hero - 85xp

Zunder - 30xp

Windblade - 160xp

Malchia - 90xp

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »
A third option, albeit far fetched, may be having Claude whip up a pheromone dust that might attract the beast to us.  We could spread it around the area and hope for the best.   

Rin shakes her head.. " i.. would want nothing to do with fighting a beast that once it gets to the surface, being .. um.. excited in such a manner.. then realizes that his girlfriend is nothing but a crunchy boat filled with people looking to kill it. That is a doom which I'm not sure Treetop could save me from. These are not stupid beasts like the Lob-strosities."

Rin is too scared for the safety of the Traveler of the Seas to summon him to my aid.

I look to buy a quiver full of permanent +3 arrows, and possibly a quiver full of 1 time use +3 as well,  Anything anti-dragon that I can find.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »

Rin shakes her head.. " i.. would want nothing to do with fighting a beast that once it gets to the surface, being .. um.. excited in such a manner.. then realizes that his girlfriend is nothing but a crunchy boat filled with people looking to kill it. That is a doom which I'm not sure Treetop could save me from. These are not stupid beasts like the Lob-strosities."

Rin is too scared for the safety of the Traveler of the Seas to summon him to my aid.

I look to buy a quiver full of permanent +3 arrows, and possibly a quiver full of 1 time use +3 as well,  Anything anti-dragon that I can find.

Anti dragon are not common and expensive.  That said, you can find ten dragon bane arrows, one shot, +1 and 2d6 damage extra to dragons for 3,000gc.

A quiver full (50) of +3 one shot arrows is 18,000.  A quiver full of permanent ones is far more expensive.  They are 3,000gc each.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
Rin, what about one of those magnificent bows that Wake has?  It fires unlimited force arrows and is relatively inexpensive for someone of your wealth?